Discussion: Game Update 1 Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaegeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Lainruin

pods overnerfed
    atleast tank bobmbing for now still allowed
  2. Metsuro

3. Xenthian

Gutted about the change to tech plants, Was one of the few places worth defending, one which didnt turn into mass tank HE spam. Oh well theres always the scarred mesa^^(for now)

Problem with this is the fact that all aircraft has a hard counter to lock ons..the flares. If you wait till an aircraft is close before getting a lock, 1 flare and they can go guns/pods blazing and make it out before you can re-aquire. Heck even if, with the increase in range, you can get another lock, without its missile speed being increased, it will never catch it. Even if it did, you need 2-3 hits to kill one. And lets not forget theres no cert upgrades for launchers, be nice to have a upgrade with the chance to ignore flares.

The G2A missile will only kill pilots not paying attenion, and then only if they dont have flares certed.

What annoys me the most about flares is they work on all missiles/launchers. They should only fool 1, not be godmode.Give em an air res cost, make it spamable..but it will then atleast make it costly. If 20 heavies fire G2A rockets at an ESF they shouldnt just be able to hit 1 key and be invunrable.
  4. WaterDrop

Sony lives up to their rep of ****** balancing. RIP Cycler TRV as I did agree it needed a bit of adjustment but a double nerf is just too much. I used it briefly after the patch and it went from a bit OP to lamesauce.. Typical SOE.
  5. Linedan

The irony is, I'm probably going to quit using it whether they fix it or not and go with the GD-7F as my go-to CQC weapon. I was mucking around in the warpgate this morning before patch and noticed that the Razor seems to have the worst muzzle climb, firing a full mag on full auto, of ANY of the NC carbines I own (default, the -11, GD-7F, Razor). I might stick a 2x or 3.4x sight on it and keep it around for medium-range plinking, but then again I bought a battle rifle for that so maybe not.
  6. Nightrunner

What does this mean, exactly?
  7. EaterOfBabies

PS1 had a 12 or 24 hr timer (cant remember exactly) when switching empires. This worked well to prevent empire hoppers looking for an advantage. I hope they are implementing something similar to this but forgot to mention it in the patch notes.
  8. Nehlis

Wait wait wait, how are pods overnerfed? They still do the same direct hit damage. You just can't oneshot flak turrets anymore and it takes a couple more for sundies.
  9. Goomba

Small arms fire from infantry.
  10. Nehlis

I think it means nosegun, but don't quote me on that.
    EDIT: Nevermind the guy above me is right.
  11. Sar Yehudah

Me and everyone in 113th Cavalry are fed up with OP Terran and Vanu weapons. Also, this update needs to turn TXAA the **** OFF!
  12. crewzen

OK im a bad shot and I need a special weapon so I can kill someone. I NEED a thermal necular device that I can detonate it where and when I want to, so that I will be able to get some certs.
  13. WaterDrop

I haven't played NC much to know their weapons but I must say your AI MAX is frightening... Wish the TR double AI held a candle to it.
  14. Nightrunner

Ah, I see - that bullet point has incorrect indentation and is really part of the "Aircraft and Phalanx Turret resistance to the following weapons has been reduced:" list. I read it as a separate change, and went WTF?! for a moment.
  15. TheBloodEagle

One of the better changes is the position of the Liberator 3rd gunner. That was much needed.
  16. Wasdie

A lot of the changes sounded really good. The changes to the tech plant and liberator's tail gun sound the best. I'm indifferent about the lock on weapons since I don't own them and frankly think lock on weapons of all types are cheap as heck and don't belong in games like this.

Sounds like the NC weapons are also getting a little accuracy buff. That could be enough to even the odds against the ridiculous RoF of the TR.
  17. WaterDrop

Agreed.. I was getting sick in the third gunner seat in the lib.
  18. TheBloodEagle

19. Gheeta

I wonder which idiot came up with this:

"A small decrease in movement accuracy was made with the 40 round assault rifles and carbines."

Incredibly stupid change....
  20. DennyR

I agree. SOE go to your repository and hit revert! Do it now! Nobody wants this, nobody needs this!