Report on Targeting Laser

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by EWanderer, Jul 1, 2023.

1. EWanderer

Some feeback and bug report:
    • The model and laser effect are a nice touch. The time to acquire lock-on also feels alright. Have to see how hard it becomes to use the weapon with people around.
    • I hope the flail/glaive TL sound effect is just a placeholder. The OS Uplink has a proper sound effect, just reuse it maybe for the other two TL?
    • No idea if the green smoke indicator should still show up on flail, but in any case I feel like its render distance has gone down.
    • The weapon now has no cooldown, I cannot say if it actually increases the rate of fire for attillery, but just saying, it might need to trigger a CD after a successful acquisition.
    • Especially while Aiming Down Sights I get this weird Artifact of a Sphere Grid Mesh. It flickkers to much for a screenshot.
    • The feedback in chat seems crude. While ADS doesn't use it, there seems to be something to look through on the model. Maybe make the ADS view contain a simple UI for feedback using a series of simple symbols for: "To Close to Attilersy", "Out of atillery range", "Too Close To Player", "Too Far From Player", "Valid Target", "Recharging".
    • Actually if weapons support such animations, you might just as well put the icon display on the side/top of the weapon to help even in Hip Fire.
    • You can still acquire targets inside and outside the turrets range without getting feedback.
    • The laser breaks if you are shooting from a rumble seat, IF and only if the vehicle is moving. I wouldn't have a problem if there was some sort of feedback, but the tether just keeps existing. I recon I could probably drag it all across the map, if I had a pilot. No idea what that would do to engine/server.
    Will testr the TL tether bug in rumble seat once I can find a pilot and post any further findings and feedback as a reply here.