How often are you killed by a HE round?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ronin Oni

Because he asked for the inf AV nerf that never happened and coax for AI purposes instead of EZ no skill splash spam?

Yeah, ok... the only one inexperienced here is you

EDIT: Sorry, he asked for assists to count as auraxiums and C4 nerf after the AV nerf, not coax... getting my posters confused.

regardless, he's making reasonable requests instead of inane ones.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

I think this is in part a reaction to me?
    I didn't say ES co-axials. I said that all tanks get co-axials, and HE gets replaced by an ES variant for each faction. And depending on how you do it it can give great asymetrical balance. For instance, VS long-range and great accuracy but less capable of engaging multiple infantry and/or less powerful against MAX's. TR has semi-good accuracy and with trigger discipline can both work medium-long and CQC, maybe similar to Pounders it can double as a semi-good AA weapon (but without skill-reduction mechanics like flak or lock-on). NC gets a CQC to medium range weapon, perhaps with the most power against other vehicles compared to the other two AI canons but mostly light vehicles like Harassers. These are just idea's ofcourse, but each has different utilities. The NC would be the best for up close and personal fights, VS would be great at taking out longer range targets such as Raven nests and pop-up Heavies, TR is in the middle with the most extra utility against aircraft.
  3. Turekson

The explosions in the game do seem to be rather under powered in general. I wouldn't mind HE rounds, grenades and such having larger radiuses and making more damage. The damage scale for all weapons in the game is low, but with area effect weapons maybe even more so.
  4. HadesR

If the pop's dropped then logic would dictate that the tank count would drop to .. If the tank count has remained the same in response to a dwindling population, then it would mean more are being pulled per head...

I really wish you would stop treating your topics like a dog with a bone , while dismissing everyone who disagrees with you .. And realize that maybe you are not as right as you think you are .
    • Up x 1
  5. Terranaxiom

Not often and vehicles are pretty easy to ignore generally.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Ronin

The "phase 2" of the lethality revamp was NEVER going to happen!

It was a bait and switch nerfing things that were not overpreforming what so ever!

Also holy crap...... Splash has a role & a purpose that is vital especially in a large scale game like this.

Coax MG's for MBT's would be badass no doubt about that.....

Stop making balance discussions personal or emotional.
  7. Scr1nRusher

Even with dropping pops the pull counts have remained the same and never increased or decreased.

If HE & HEAT tanks were overpreforming post RR, the pull counts would have gone up.
  8. HadesR

Which means more are being pulled per head...

IE: If we had 10,000 players pulling 5,000 Tanks in 2013

and now we have 6,000 players pulling 5,000 tanks .. The pull number hasn't increased overall , but the pull rate and number per head of population has ..

Numbers are just an example ...
    • Up x 1
  9. Ronin Oni

best check yourself on that one
  10. ColonelChingles

But a positive KDR without a nanite investment shows that C4ing isn't actually all that suicidal. Or rather all the times the C4-er gets shot down en route to the target is more than made up by the number of things the C4-er gets to kill when they make it.

As the British say, "The bomber will always get through". You can kill the C4-er over and over again as they try to sail through the door and bomb your squad, but there is no cost to the C4-er from dying and they can keep doing it again and again. Until that one time they do manage to let loose the C4 and it's bye-bye infantry!

All that shows is that Prowlers are a greater threat to other tanks than Liberators. And I would agree with that. This is backed up by those "cause of death" statistics. When I complain about Liberators, I look specifically at the Skyguard-Liberator relationship. :p

Why would you care about KDR? It's all about what's killing you. We aren't a bit KDR jealous, are we? ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

Funny how you only responded to that.

Anyways...... getting back on Topic.....

How often have you died to HE & HEAT recently?
  12. Ronin Oni

I'm not going full circle with you.

I've already posted my stance. You disagree.

Splash should only be suppressive.

You want it to kill.

Thankfully, the devs agree with me (though I think HE could have a larger suppression area)

They came to this conculsion from seeing firsthand the impact on gameplay that the OG splash had, and have slowly dialed it back step by painful step in spite of constant whining from those such as yourself.

haha. deal with it.
  13. HadesR

But in all fairness the majority of people would agree that C4 is a bit broken versus both infantry and vehicles ..

I would like it moved away from the Ghetto grenade frisbee and add some kind of placement mechanic ...

Such as left clicking starts a 5 second placement and armament timer and then it attach's itself to a solid object the user is facing if it's within 2-3ft ..

But that's just me :)
    • Up x 1
  14. CNR4806

While I'm a big coax supporter since the moment I've stepped into this game and discovered tanks to not have this logical equipment, be careful of what you wish for. Given the current state of tank guns, a coax with Kobalt-level stats or a less damaging, more accurate (well, it's a ****ing coax fixed on a gigantic turret for a much bigger gun, it's only logical) alternative would be more effective as an anti-infantry tool for the average users.

But if you're in the general "bullets good, explosive bad" camp then I suppose it wouldn't be a problem.

While I can't quite comment on the faction bias you're suggesting, I agree with the general notion. The coax can have ES aesthetics like the shotguns (different name, sound, model, tracers, etc), but stats should be kept identical.
    • Up x 1
  15. Scr1nRusher

Holy crap........ why can't you answer the simple question.

How often have YOU died to HE & HEAT recently?

The whole point of Splash is group killing & Suppression, it goes hand in hand. If its not good at doing either or, it fails.

Also this statement is hilarious:

Ronin the "phase 2" of the Lethality revamp was NEVER going to happen. It was a bait and switch that nerfed things that were not in fact overpreforming or "OP".

It was the fault of the base design + player(and dev) stupidity & stubborness + lack of counters.

Emotion + personal feelings should NEVER mix or get in the way of Game Balance.

Clouds vision,judgement & messes with logic.
    • Up x 1
  16. GaveYouHermes

I still love the time that all I could see was a tiny purple arrow over a target's head from about 170m at night as a light assault was trying to sneak over our vehicles, shot once and got the kill. I felt incredible.
  17. Ronin Oni

If you had a reasonable vision or any logic worth discussin maybe.
  18. ColonelChingles

I'd be for that. It makes sense (well ignoring the fact that IRL C4 can't do anything against heavy armour) because C4 is a plastique explosive and is meant to be molded in order to achieve the greatest effect. So it should take time to deploy instead of simply toss.

If you need to set two bricks to kill an MBT @ 5 seconds per brick, that would be fair. Or a 5 second timer to kill a squad of infantry. This turns C4 into a planned ambush tool instead of an explosive spam tool.

As for the argument of "how do I deal with a MAX that turns a corner", that's why you now have automatic anti-MAX AT mines. Use those. Or a rocket launcher.
    • Up x 1
  19. ColonelChingles

Okay... so in your last 100 deaths, how often did you die to HE?
    • Up x 1
  20. Demigan

I think you deserve a gold star for that.