[Vehicle] ESF hover mechanic. How it should actually work.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, May 25, 2015.

1. Kristan

From the first words I saw that you didn't come here to contribute to mechanic discussion but only to bite me.

Move along, like rest of you.

I'm gonna highlight it:

If you're here not to discuss brought topic, but to bring personal attacks... MOVE ALONG! Waste your time somewhere else. I'm not gonna read it anyway.
  2. Ulas

1- Esfs don't act like a jet in anyway. yeah maybe in a very simplistic way of thinking they both go forward and have horizontal thrust they are not alike.
    2-Esf physics and agility isn't realistic and I accept that but that doesn't make it least diverse or ez win.
    3-If u think changing it to classic physics would make the airgame easier for newbies and inexperienced pilots like u you are wrong. I am a bad dogfighter in this game but have 2.5k + flight hrs in many different classical flight mechanic games including battlefield and many pilots are like me. It would only make the game harder.
    4-It is impossible to do this because of physics engine of the game amount of resources it would take and size of the map.
    5-Pls explain to me why u find it boring??
    6-Also it would save u a lot of time to just play a game with these mechanics (there is like gazillion of these kind of gsmes) instead of wasting your time here. I mean if u have spent your time playing the game (bf/ps2) you could ve becAme an half decent pilot
  3. Sebastien

What's this supposed to show? How to get shot down?
    And the F-35 has and never will hover in combat, so that point doesn't really matter.
  4. Kristan

1. You're wrong, they act like jets. Only because they have a vertical thruster underneath doesn't change it. F35 has it too.
    2. Maybe
    3. I don't imply that it's going to be easier for noobs. I do imply that it would be far more entertaining and skill dependent rather than hover fighting.
    4. Physics has nothing to do with it.
    5. Because it's dumb. To win you have to know only how to hover waltz and reverse maneuver. Not using terrain, not picking a better position, not leading the target.
    6. Currently I'm playing at Elite: Dangerous, for you to know it has that mechanics that I brought here. You slowing down - you losing maneuverability. And I say dogfighting mechanic is faaar more entertaining than here. But I don't want to stick to spacecrafts only. I want to be able to switch to infantry and tanks. I won't go to WoT and CoD right away when my mood swings. I can do that in PlanetSide.
  5. Ulas

So j
    so just because u know how rm you can beat rguitar NBC trooper kuni bequ cezinov usgum..... ???I can rm ı am yet to beat these pilots^^
  6. Kristan

[IMG]
  7. Ulas

U say reverse maneuver takes no skill and ez way out. And I say these are experienced pilots. If it was like what u said you should be able to beat these pilots just with reverse maneuver and some of these pilots have thousands of hours in esfs.
  8. Kristan

That's only a part of the deal why I want to make hover mechanic ineffective in combat. The other reason is A2G engagement. It shouldn't be just "hover there, spam my lolpods".
  9. Ulas

Its
    I assume you have experience with classical flight style then.But classical flight style isn't any easier for begginers further it's harder. Because :
    1-Most ppl only skill is aim.
    2-Classical flight style requires you to be aware of a large area predict your opponent and maneuver in 3d space considering all the data u flow and controlling your aircraft considering real physics mechanics which many ppl lack.
    So u just want game to change just because u don't want to learn this kind of Mechanics.
  10. MarkAntony

1. no. they act pretty much exactly like helicopter. they look like a KA52 and a F35 had a baby. but they act like helicopter. Seriously you could put that flight model into BF and skin them like a heli and no one would complain. In fact your entire complaint is that they DON'T act like jets and that you want them to. All the while telling us that they already act like jets. You are contradicting yourself.
    5. wrong. you have to lead the target. you have to lead any moving target. ESFs are moving in hoverfights.
    6. You are misrepresenting the Elite dangerous flight model. Actually flying at that top speed makes you less maneuverable. Slowing down makes you more maneuverable and then if you slow down to much it makes you less maneuverable again.
  11. Ulas

Don't think he knows what speed Control is but thank you :) He has already proven his point which is I can't adapt to this game and I am angry at pilots who did so let's change it.
  12. Kristan

1. No they don't act like helicopter. Do helicopter begin to descend because of low horizontal speed? No, they don't. But ESFs do. And IRL VTOL jet fighters do. Why? Because of aerodynamics. I don't know how to explain it, english is not my native. But here is a vid explaining this.

You see, while you're flying ESF you don't have to use your vertical thruster all the time to keep flying in a straight line. Hence that means that ESF aerodynamics works the same way as any other ordinary jet plane. But helicopter is the one that actually has to push air downwards all the time to stay afloat with it's massive rotary blades. Do ESF flies the same way? No. But Liberator does! It has many vertical thrusters to keep it afloat and hovering at one point and they work all the time. So that's where actual helicopter mechanics.
  13. thebigbortishbort

if i recall correctly , tanks still use tracks today :p
  14. Kristan

still though a really bad excuse for lot of weapons and mechanics that outdate even modern age

and something tells me that soon tracks on tanks might be replaced by something new, it still immobilizes the tank when damaged
  15. thebigbortishbort

damaging a vehicles means of locomotion to a degree will always immobilize it , same as anything else which should be unsurprising, unless its falling , and it might be later rather than soon
  16. Ulas

Can we stop trying to make this game a battlefield rip off. You can just buy battlefield. If somehow these posts manage to change the game I will just play battlefield. Because battlefield is much better then planetside on being battlefield account lol:/
  17. Kristan

Wait... it isn't?! :eek:
  18. Ulas

it isn't. Battlefield is an arena play with different game modes and semi realistic game play. Planetside is a openworld sandbox like.Battlefield isn't a sandbox there are objectives
  19. Kristan

PS2 is not matchmaking wise ripoff, but gameplay wise BF3 ripoff.
  20. cbplayer

Are you ******* stupid?
    They don't even use aerodynamics in anyway
    We already establish that
    They don't use control surfaces
    They use reaction wheels or Reactive control systems, thrust vectoring, and differential thrust
    They don't use jet engines
    Jet engines are air breathing, and they would stall the second you try any of those maneuvers from air deprivation
    Sycthes don't obey gravity because they are being held up by magnetic forces, not from lift in any way.
    Here is a video of a reaver working in kerbal space program

Yeah that a lot aerodynamics That I don't see
    Now the only thing that is unrealistic is the fact that they are able to turn besides turn the entire craft orientation, Or why they are so damn slow
    The sycthe is so damn slow that even behind some real jet fighters takeoff speed