TR vulcan is rediculously OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Jan 9, 2015.

1. gunnner10

Rant... lost so many sundae's over and over to Vulcans on top of harassers. Enough to make me just want to jump around and defend bases.
    • Up x 5
  2. Krayus_Korianis

Everything is OP! NERF IT!
    • Up x 12
  3. Goldmonk

[IMG]
    Well protect your sundaes. Put a Fury cherry on it, simple hot fudge armor won't do. Anyway, the Vulcan was UP before the update and now people complain about it being OP. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 11
  4. ColonelChingles

It's important to point out that the Vulcan is only half OP...

The Prowler's Vulcan seems to be underperforming if anything. But this might also be affected by the Prowler's main cannons doing quite a bit of damage. Essentially in terms of combined vehicle KPH (using Jan 6 data which is the most recent):
    Prowler AP + Vulcan = 12.4 + 10.6 = 23 VKPH
    Vanguard AP + Enforcer = 9.8 + 10.7 = 20.5 VKPH
    Magrider AP + Saron = 11.7 + 13.1 = 24.8 VKPH

The Vulcan on a Prowler remains the worst ESAV option for the MBTs (and likely has inflated VKPH due to much lower time of usage).

However on the Harasser, the Vulcan-H is very much overperforming. In terms of VKPH, the Vulcan-H tops the list at 23. The Saron-H follows at 21.8, and the Enforcer-H is at the bottom with 20.4.

It is also quite popular. For every hour that the NC use their Enforcer-H, the TR spend four hours using the Vulcan-H.

For MBT deaths, more MBTs are lost to the Vulcan-H than are lost to the Saron and Enforcer... the MBT variants. The Vulcan-H kills more MBTs than any factions' Lightning AP cannon.

For Lightnings, the Vulcan-H is the most lethal threat just behind the MBT AP cannons... making it more lethal to Lightnings than C-4, MBT HEAT cannons, or Lightning AP cannons.

It really is ridiculous when a little dune buggy is a much greater threat than a tank-hunter Lightning or a HEAT MBT.
    • Up x 15
  5. KoS-1

Use lock-ons!!
  6. gunnner10

Kos, unless you're above a harasser looking down on it, harassers jump around the terrain so much, getting a lock on is unlikely. I just ended up defending bases for a long time after losing my sundaes.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goldmonk

And now the VS know how the TR felt when they had the OP PPA.
    • Up x 5
  8. WTSherman

It didn't feel UP before the buff to me, I was able to use it just fine.

I warned them this buff would be too much, and I think it's safe to say I was right.
    • Up x 7
  9. FrozenCustard

Is the tank buster op?
  10. Xasapis

Not really the same. They need to buff the Prowler Vulcan even more to have the same effect.

I say buff the Vulcan even further. Soon enough it will be so ridiculous, SOE will "balance" it from orbit as per usual.
    • Up x 5
  11. WTSherman

Arguably yes, considering that it's the only nosegun any Liberator can seriously consider equipping.

Though besides that the Tankbuster doesn't have a turret, and is attached to a large, expensive aircraft that is much easier to kill than a Harasser (because flak doesn't work on Harassers). It also has much less ammo and a much shorter effective range than the Vulcan.

Really the Vulcan has some pretty decent reach if you know how to aim it. Practice with the Canister a bit and you'll learn how to land Vulcan shots over a pretty good distance.
    • Up x 1
  12. MetalCotton

It's a glass cannon. Pelt it with bullets and rockets, and protect your Sundies.

'X is OP' really needs to stop being the battlecry of Forumside.
    • Up x 4
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

No, you see the Vulcan is perfectly balanced because it's ability to one clip a MBT is offset by the Harasser having to close the distance on one quickly which things like vehicle stealth, default 90KPH speed, and turbo make it virtually impossible to do.
    • Up x 8
  14. WTSherman

Hmm, thinking about it, it would be really random and hilarious of flak did work on Harassers. Though I suppose it would probably end badly because, as a ground vehicle, there's a good chance lots of nearby infantry might get caught in the blast.

The revenge of the Lightning would be sweet though.
    • Up x 5
  15. Uriel117

I think low TTK weapons, regardless of the prerequisites needed, will be always considered OP

But still, i think SOE should changue the vulcan to be both less frustrating for the user than for the reciver, by making it less powerfull and more versatile, by introducing the following changes.

Damage always adjusted at 100 damage per shot so it now doesent have drop in damage, but will deal less damage in comparassion to the current version.

Muzzle velocity increased to 500 m/s, from 300 m/s

Aiming angle increased to match the basilisk (can aim more vertically)

Magazine size increased to 150 rounds from 90 rounds

Acuraccy adjusted from 1.1 to .5

This will make the vulcan less OP in terms of DPS, but now it can be more acurate at longer ranges, and aim vertically with higher angle and higher velocity, making it a versatile weapon with high damage per magazine.
  16. Alarox

The Vulcan isn't too strong against Sunderers. The other ESAV are better against them.

The Vulcan excels at killing Lightnings and MBTs, where it is significantly more powerful than any other secondary weapon.
    • Up x 5
  17. Xasapis

That's one hell of an anti air cannon you describe there. Far superior to the Skyguard and on a platform that is much harder to kill from both ground and air.
  18. WTSherman

You just described a Kobalt with the AP HMG damage type, and nearly double the Kobalt's rate of fire. You might want to stop and think about what that would mean for aircraft and infantry.

Though you could make all those changes, then change the damage type to Small Arms. Then you've got a wonderful anti-infantry weapon on your hands.
  19. Uriel117

No but whth .5 acuraccy and requiring direct hits, it will not kill any aircraft that doesent really deserves it (ESF at point blank or Libs / Galaxys hovering semi- close to you and not shoting you)

Edit: and the cobalt has both .2 acuraccy and 200 damage per shot, compared to the vulcan´s 100 and .5, so i think it is still considerably better an AI.
  20. Trebb

How are you guys finding the Vulcan when it comes to having your aircraft pelted?(when it happens)

I remember when the Vulcan gun first came out, and was hilariously broken vs Air. Like, a number glitch caused it to do 20x the intended damage. Libs would die in 0.5 seconds if they got close to the little buggy.

Anyway, I can't solo repair a sundae(lol) vs any single Harasser AV weapon, regardless of faction. I almost never have a gunner in my Harasser, I just use it to kill lazy farming solo tanks who never pay attention.
    • Up x 1