NC08 Mag Scatter has no reason to be in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterBond, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. \m/SLAYER\m/

NC08 Mag Scatter needs an suppressor
    i like new VS pistol - its better than Beamer, and it's actually pistol.
  2. The Funk

An empire specific shotgun pistol cannot be balanced. SOE would drown in tears.
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

Keep trying the spiker is worse than the Beamer in every category the Beamer has a way faster ttk.
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

i played a lot on Test Server, and i really liked it over TR and NC, the only problem - i dont play Vanu :p
    • Up x 1
  5. JudgeNu

Someone needs to get some fresh air.

I have been waiting for the Scat-Mag.
    I like it.
    I bought it.

Some people are living life too fast.
    • Up x 3
  6. JesusVoxel

You don't have to play with it, there are lots of other pistols to use and some players might like this one. I only like Repeater and Emperor on the TR side and propably will never even try NS pistols or other TR pistols.
  7. Ztiller

It is clear that you have never used the Spiker.
    • Up x 1
  8. JesNC

The MagScatter is actually really great as a fallback when you get jumped while reloading.

For Stalker Infiltrators I'd probably still prefer the Rebel or the Crossbow.
  9. Edenwolf

Really? Cuz there is plenty of reason for it to be in my stalker infiltrators hand, hell it two shots people out to 10 meters.

As for the spike, 1 shotting people with a pistol is pure lulz.
    • Up x 1
  10. Edenwolf

It 2 hit kills past melee range, from what I tested up to 10 meters. With the knife nerf, 2 shots from the scatter is faster then 2 commisioner+knife combo, also at melee range it would be even faster to 1 scatter shot + knife combo.
  11. Syphers

Pistol variety is cool and many wanted them.
  12. Jerox

The VS Spiker is really not that good.. useless charge up mechanic which is also annoying as ****..
    • Up x 1
  13. Revanmug

Funny thing is that VS pretty much got a more efficient shotgun pistol.
  14. Ztiller

Let's make a deal. Your Mag-Scatter can OHK people, as long as it's useless for everything else, and have a 1-second fire delay before each shot. Sounds good?
  15. minhalexus

VS players just underrate the Beamer, it's actually not that bad.
    The only problem with it is that it's a mouse killer.

It has a higher DPS and lower TTK than the Mag-scat.

Non of the starting faction pistols are bad pistols.
  16. NinjaTurtle

The VS are not better off
  17. RobotNinja

And...what pistol *can* one hit headshot infantry? Answer: None.
  18. Bape

I knew the mag scatter was terrible I feel sorry for any NC that bought this gun and now regretting it.
  19. _itg

Look, everyone wants the new pistols to be better than something else, but if they are, that's a sign of bad balance. After all, we don't want this to be one of those games where you have to keep buying the shiny new toy or get left in the dust. All the new pistols are niche options/sidegrades, and really, that's how it should be.

--The Magscatter is arguably the best pistol from 0-5m. It does 2-bodyshot kills or the bodshot+knife combo. Of course, it gives up all hope of killing anything past 8m for that extra power. Most people won't want to make that trade, but some will. Maybe stalker cloakers, maybe shotgun primary/smg users, maybe people with long-range weapons which are poor for CQC.
    --The AMP is clearly good enough, but the Repeater is already a tiny bit too good and does mostly the same thing. People who feel more comfortable with full auto weapons will want this, though.
    --The Spiker is a little gimmicky and it's not the plain, solid burst-fire pistol people wanted, but it feels very accurate for a pistol, and I'm sure people will find uses for the charge mechanic. As a stalker on PTS, I found it decent for medium-range ambushes. In real fights, one thing I like doing is sneaking up near the enemy front line and picking off people focused on allies ~50m away, and the spiker charge would be perfect for this. Obviously, most VS players wanted a more general-purpose weapon, but as NC, I wouldn't be sad to have this option.
    • Up x 1
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

The commissioner can 1-shot infiltrators.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.