Implants cost an additional $1 an hour to run.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Damean, May 20, 2014.

1. LibertyRevolution

Get real bro.. Before we were not competing against people that had implants when we don't..

With a paid for energy supply on a regen implant, you are free to carry C4 instead of medikits, and can thus buy more C4.
    It basically gives you the ability to trade cash for infantry consumables.

Do you understand that my tier 2 regen fills my health bar just as fast as it takes my shields to regen after being depleted??
    Here is a video click the link and watch for 10sec.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jzs96qEhk#t=203
    This is a major advantage.. I went on a 10:1 kill streak without a medikit used.. ME, the guy with a less than 1KDR..
    • Up x 2
  2. BoBlackson34

They do not make that much of a difference if any. I played 3 hours last night and really didnt even notice them. If you hate them dont run them.
  3. Wecomeinpeace

Ahahaha. You know i really wanted this game to be good, nay, groundbreaking. But seeing **** like this and hearing from every single person who tried PS2 lately that they won't bother because it's "that pointless, buggy p2w shooter"...bwahahaha. Good job ******* this up SOE, kudos.

It's as if making a F2P shooter from the ground up in 9 months, releasing it in a barely-qualifies-as-beta state, not adding core content for over 1,5 years besides monetization methods (and fixing all the crap due to the rushed release) was a ****** idea and is hurting PS2s reputation and survivability.
    Good luck dragging this cart out of the mud though, and regardless of my mean spirited laughter, i mean that. This game has the potential to become a genre-defining...bwahahaha, sorry, couldn't keep a straight face. Still good luck though.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kaktwox

Welcome to Pay2win-side.
    • Up x 2
  5. RIctavius

per day - per day.
  6. Robes

Need i explain the differences?
  7. lNeBl

Dont you get chargers as you play? Also you can craft chargers yourself using the random implants you receive while playing. I haven't spent a dime and I have like 50k energy.
    • Up x 1
  8. RIctavius

I honestly see no pay-to-win aspect since the implant do nothing to win, on help slightly and little every time.

In fact, if there is a problem with the system or you feel "compelled" to buy into these items, then don't - look at your progress in battle, you find yourself being outmatched by players with implants - then you can raised the issue,

for the moment the major argument is how much cash you have to sink in (statistical ASSUMPTIONS); while nothing mention about real ingame issue i.e. the power of the implants, the discrepancies of drops, or even if some implants are purely useless.

It proves to the point to myself that the argument is merely being manufactured for the sake of argument and conflict.

STATUS: to run the game, to feed the machine, the machine needs cash - hence the option to buy cosmetics, weapons, bundles, now implant boxes (at random) for a free; your situation - you are not forced into progressing higher in the game by spending cash on specific items; you are welcomed to - but not 'forced'.

World of Tanks has it's notorious example of offering ammunition that you had to pay real money for to be able to particularly kill everything without batting an eyelid.

Now you may hurl your abuse.
  9. z1967

Some poor sod in a platoon I was in spent around ~2000 SC on implant packs and chargers. RNG was a reachcat to him and he only got the same implants over and over again.
  10. PastalavistaBB

This is beyond ridiculous. I didn't realize that health regenerates this fast with the Regeneration Implant. It's similar to the Pay To Cheat Premium Memberships on private Team Fortress servers. You can basically have unlimited restoration kits and carry C4 too. It removes the requirement for Teamwork. Soon we might see 10/12 HA squads.
    • Up x 1
  11. HadesR

Played the game since yesterday with only the default Implant equipped on my sniper ( Collecting and saving Chargers and implants ) .. And I haven't once felt like I was either missing out or at a disadvantage versus those who have a better one equipped ..

Bullets still kill
    My railjack still OHK's
    My Nix still blows up vehicles and Engi's on turrets ..

Maybe it's still early days but I find the whole system pretty underwhelming ..
  12. Ronin Oni

$20?!??

/facedesk
  13. z1967

To be fair he was one of the kind of guys who could afford to completely cover his sunderer and Galaxy in cosmetics. Kind of a high roller I guess.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ronin Oni

I've got smoke stacks and viper fins :D

You gotta roll with style in PS2. People gotta know who they're dealing with :cool:
    • Up x 1
  15. z1967

Pipe organ flash with spiky tires, underglow, and an antenna. And the best part? I use it when I go cloak and dagger with the fury lol (no kills yet. Yet...)
  16. Ronin Oni

No kills?

Wraith + Fury is amaaaazing.

Admittedly I don't have any extra cosmetics for it though (not that the enemy ever see's it anyways :D :D :D )
  17. z1967

Well, I bought it at the end of the night and my first run with it ended up with me flipping over. "Physics"
  18. Ronin Oni

lmao so much for improved handling :p

You'll enjoy it. Wraith fury is caaaaazy fun.
  19. DxAdder

I don't get what people are complaining about, the more you play the more chargers/implants you get.

Its the most simple rule in gaming "hardcore gamers will ALWAYS have an advantage vs casual gamers"

And SOE put a hard cap on the maximum you can get. So get out there an fight more instead of wasting your time here.
  20. Haquim

Ok a couple points of my side

1) I was playing 4 hours yesterday and I still got drops. If there is a cap its so high that it's only noticeable for people whose do nothing else but play PS2. And yes the RNG is a ***** to me. I got 10x "safe landing I" and 8x "battle hardened I". But also 10+ Chargers, so im not complaining... too much
    2) Although implants do grant an advantage to the user, none of them are significant enough to really count as p2w. Seriously if I kill a level 3 guy as a heavy with fully certed shield and nanoweave, will it be play2win? Or maybe farm2win?
    Exception being the regeneration implant.... It is supposed to heal out of combat, at least as I understood it, it seems to be bugged to me.
    3) Yes T3 uses significantly more energy...
    Frankly I won't use Implants if I don't have use for it at the moment. Problem solved.