The Crossbow

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Doomzzg, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Doomzzg

It is currently on PTS, but does not have a model right now. You can unlock it with 1000 Cert points in your Class Certification page. The crossbow will then be equippable through the secondary weapon slot.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Tentakewls

At least we know it's going to be a sidearm...maybe...

More importantly, is that a "spotting" animation?
  3. RogueVindicare

So, it's basically a Bolt Action Sidearm.
  4. Tobax

They are being added to live next week so we'll see soon enough.
  5. z1967

Please not be 1000 certs. It's a ****ing crossbow not a doomsday device. Otherwise, I can carry a mini sniper rifle along with my SMG. Neat, but not worth 1000 certs.
    • Up x 1
  6. DeadliestMoon

I hope it's not actually a OHK. We have too many of those already and the OHK is a bad mechanic.
  7. Giggily

It's a OHK headshot for infiltrators, but has a three round magazine, requires a chamber time between shots, and has a pretty slow bullet velocity. All in all it's worse than the Comissioner.
    • Up x 2
  8. Tentakewls

The thing is, is it "suppressed" by default? I could see that being interesting/annoying as hell.
  9. Giggily

I think that it is. So yeah, if you want a suppressed commissioner have fun.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sendan

nice sidearm for the new cloak that locks the primary weapon and recharges when stationary... guessing thats why its ohk they should make this sidearm only available when useing the new cloak otherwise its gona be annoying
  11. ZephyrBurst

Looks like it takes 2 shots to kill, even on headshots. If I'm seeing that right from the video.
  12. Rogueghost

It appears to be a one shot head shot kill up to around ~10 meters.

Whoops didn't notice that he was hitting infiltrators.
  13. gh05t

it's called Crossbow 01, could this mean there will be a 02 at some point?

i mean, it's a side arm weapon, but perhaps they might make a primary version with longer range like 100 meters or something

i wonder if we can also get swords, shields and horses ;-)
    • Up x 1
  14. Tentakewls

The stats say 600dmg up to 30m so it can OHK up to around 40m.
  15. Tentakewls

Please leave this forum
    • Up x 5
  16. Alarox

It will OHK everyone with a headshot up to 40m, and will always OHK Infiltrators with a headshot.
  17. Blueink

If it is suppressed, has no sway, is a OHK and can be used by Infils then it is OP plain and simple that is crazy but I think we are all used to SONY releasing OP weapons so they sell then nerfing them later.

Also there appears to be no Cross in that Crossbow....
  18. Rasui

You mean like the Ghost?
    • Up x 4
  19. BloodyPuma

There is a sway on x6. Bolt drop is damn big. 5 mil dot [the last one] on 135 meters. Need to be rebolted after each shot. Slow velocity.
    More people will curse it. Maybe 1% will be "OP" effective.
  20. Doomzzg

Another thing, MLGPROS will most likely use this in CQC for cheesy knife kills
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2