Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Mrchizing

i do miss the old squad deploy where you could drop pod in... in the early game where you could chose where to instant action by clicking the little explosion thing with the word deploy under it... i dont understand game developers thinking its a good idea to take things other than glitches and bugs out of the game... this is good but i wish you would add more.. something HUGE its always tiny things that change gameplay for the better but how awesome would it be if bam! a new continent! or bam you can pick up enemy weapons from dead dudes! OR... BAM! there are buildings... maybe even special natives in some areas with a base right on top of em... i dunno im just throwin it out there you need something huge and ******* incredible to make players go from " yeah i like this game" to "HOLY **** I CANT STOP PLAYING!"
  2. Mrchizing

i agree one hundred percent
    • Up x 4
  3. Geeb

crawls out from amerish rock what???
  4. Geeb

I have been fortunate enough to be a passenger in a well done galaxy. to have it as a spawn is a fearsome thought. mind I thought that is what it was supposed to be from the beginning.
  5. Impala

I can't seem to see anything on the forum about this, so apologies if someone else has already mentioned it. With the new patch, has the Racer High Speed Chassis for the Sunderer been affected? I have looked at my certification level and it has "reset" to level 1. Is this intentional? Unfortunately I was playing for quite some time before I noticed so I could not tell if my certs had been refunded.
  6. cobaltlightning

Welp, crashes aren't fixed: I just did not 5 minutes ago.
    • Up x 1
  7. Theghostwad

And still not a peep on broken repair ribbons. It's been 2 weeks guys.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scatterblak

Maybe you should post this sort of stuff on Reddit so it'll get read by the devs in the first place.
    • Up x 3
  9. PYROxSYCO

We did....
  10. cowboycomand54

the squad part is what will help cut down on abuse. Also a galaxy is easy to down in a hot zone.
  11. LagLight

Why is this patch 500 mb?
  12. thegungeon

Crashed out less than 10 minutes in. Awesome.
  13. ScrapyardBob

They will probably never penalize players for bringing too many to the fight. So you can take that concept off the table. Maybe they will scale capture XP down a bit, cutting it by 20-30% across the board.

However, the developers do like to do "bonus XP" things, so increasing the points earned for defending against odds is a possibility.

My suggestion has been:

- Calculate the population in this hex and the surrounding 6 hexes.
    - If more then 24 players within those 7 hexes, calculate a bonus for those fighting in the center hex.
    - Underdogs should get a scaling bonus percentage, up to a maximum of +100% (5:1 odds).
    - Recalculate every 30 or 60 or 120 seconds.

Naturally, this should stack with server-level XP bonus and continent-level XP bonus and defense bonuses.
  14. Aizagora

more to the point, Gate shield defuser and AMS! galaxies be awesome now!

Fantastic work devs :D:D:D
  15. dirtYbird

No and these issues have only started a couple of patches ago.
    One step forward and two steps back.

Still getting CTD after a couple of hours and the lag pauses.
  16. PresidentFreeman

The long login bug is just the funnest thing.

Have you tried turning off the windows page file? It worked for a friend, and I haven't seen any crashes since I set mine down to 200mb. I hope it works for you.
  17. Druckverteiler

Anyone else got the problem that your pc gets switched off while playing PS2?
    I noticed it occurs most often when vehicles are in close proximity.
    Sometimes I can play for 2hrs, other times just 15mins.

The pc switches off like you pull the power cord. After about 5 sec it reboots as if nothing happened. It happened before the patch and still does.

A faulty device like PSU, RAM or MB is unlikely as i can play BF4@1080p-Ultra Settings for hours. Also Prime95 and FurMark can be run simultaneously for quite some time.

Can anyone help me??

Thanks
  18. SidCom

Planetside 2 is very hardware demanding. since SOE introduced multicore rendering with last performance update, my PC gets additional 10-15 degrees on the CPU. (i5 3570k with Noctua cooler)
    Maybe you have a heat problem in your PC, where your BIOS shuts down your PC to prevent damage. Try "HWINFO32/HWINFO64" to monitor temperature during a CPU/GPU burn-in test.
    CPU should not exceed 75-85 degrees (depending on the chip) , Graphic card not more then 90.

Not use overclocking,
    reset your bios,
    Check your CPU/GPU fans running properly
  19. FliegerPanzer

When you can fix Windows XP issues. So:
    I play for 1 hour, then game crashes, then in 40 minutes, then in 30 or 20 or even in 1 minute, etc. Random crash times. I have XP but I have really good graphics card and enough RAM. Also sometimes this happens:
    [IMG]
    Screen format bugs, or graphics, or both. I tested it, sometimes this crashes game if I start playing like it and then its fixed or I need to restart PC. I am sure this is fault of client, which is actually reccomended Win7. I do not want Win 7 as I use some software which does not works on it. So can SoE at least fix this. Before here was files stacking in "My pictures" and it caused game crashes, thanks for fixing it like month ago but this happens now so can you check more game problems, thanks
  20. TheBlazing

I wonder how big a notch is for SOE? Just logged in and all voice effects sound like they are from WWII radio comms.

In my experience this change makes little difference and it makes game voices sound worse than the first 3D first person shooters from the 90's.

If you want to improve framerate/memory usage, please concentrate on other things, like, say, optimization, or even just using simpler tech to make visually pleasing effects that are cheaper than the current ones used for the same purpose. For example, add some actual sprites (super-simple glow effects that have been around since Half-Life 1 - 1997) instead of forcing people to choose between using the extremely heavy realtime simulated glows available on high graphical settings or having no glows at all.