C4 vs Tanks WTF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zenox, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Robert Patrician

Here's my last experiences using C4. Now bear in mind, I'm playing a medic.

1. Going to go try to ghost capture a spawn point at an amp station, and there's a sunderer parked nearby, deployed with the driver in HA up on a hill as a heavy firing lockons at the air units over the base. Easy sunderer kill.
    2. Using a jumppad to reach a biolab, I missed and landed near the central vehicle spawner. I run behind cover and see a heavy tank on the radar. It has no gunner and it's trying to snipe the outpost where the attackers are spawning. It had no gunner and no radar, so I was easily able to walk up, plant two C4 on it, and blow it up.
    3. Allies trapped in a building with a lightning outside firing in. The Lightning got really close, close enough for me to drop some c4 out a window and blow it up.

What do these have in common? Armor out, by itself, with no support around it.
  2. Zenox

it costs you nothing to die as infantry, it does, however, cost you a cooldown and resources if you die as a tank.
  3. LT_Latency

Because tanks are better. There is 2 ways to balance them.

Tanks can respawn like infantry and are equal to them in a 1 vs 1 battle

or

Tanks are limited but are stronger then infantry in a 1vs1 battle.

Most people seem to like number 2 better
  4. Zenox

Said like someone who rarely tanks, thermal has a terrible range and is pretty worthless on a tank unless you're advocating the tank gets in and dirty which would contradict your other statements about them staying at range.

Please make your mind up, what's it going to be Magburner or proximity radar, you can't have both for avoiding C4ers. As a Magrider you have it far worse than any of the other tanks as you have a fixed turret and the lowest armour pool of the 3 tanks.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zenox

Except there are many different ways to kill a tank very easily. The middle ground here is to make C4 damage location based. There is no way that C4 should be killing a tank in one shot other than if it's been placed on the rear armour, that way you still have the ability to kill distracted tanks outright without all the laming that normally goes on.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zenox

Actually that's not anecdotal and you've just shot yourself in the foot with that one. If their stats are indicating that C4 is a primary killer for dedicated tank drivers rather than the myriad of other potential killers then that actually goes to supporting their case, if you strip away the statistical fluff you mind find your on shaky ground with that one.
    • Up x 1
  7. LT_Latency

Tanks are stronger therefore the they take longer to get. Everything that kills a tank kills inf even faster.

Just cause you can come back to life doesn't mean it's fun if you can do anything without a tank shell blowing you to pieces.

It seems tank drivers get all teary eyed when a infantry class moves over to them and takes the time to drop 2 C4 on them and blow them up.

The same thing happen to infantry all the time from 300 meters out. You are trying to gun fight with someone then "WTF, I am dead because I got one shotted by a tank from 300 meters." It war sometimes you going to die in a horrible way you didn't like. It way easier for a tank to kill inf then it is for inf to kill tanks
  8. Zenox

I'm getting pretty tired of the same old diatribe about if you make the mistake blah blah. Statistically if in a standard play time of say 2+ hours a day 10 people attempt to place C4 on you, sooner or later no matter how you play you're going to get C4'd, it's a statical certainty. For example the other day I was chasing an harasser and all of a sudden I blew up to C4 while in the open Magboosting, there was no way I thought to myself anyone could have got C4 on me so I asked the guy who killed me, it turned out he had placed it on me 5 minutes ago before I had killed him. He had remained dead for 5 minutes waiting for someone else to detonate the C4 on me, I ask you how am I supposed to avoid that? Another example, I pulled a tank from a safe base with no friendly or enemy activity at it, however a light assault was waiting on the upper floor and as soon as the tank came out of the bay on auto drive it blew up before I could even take control, so again I ask you how was that my fault? Should I be checking every base with a radar flash before I pull armour? You can pipe on all you like about it always being the tank drivers fault, but it's just a nonsense argument unless you acknowledge the reality of the situation.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zenox

So you're talking about the fun factor for infantry, but at the exclusion of everyone else, where is the fun factor for someone whose spent money and 20k certs on something that can be instagibbed. Now you can prattle on all you like about it always being the tank drivers fault blah blah, but that is just not true. I think having locational damage for C4 is a good solution which makes everyone happy.
    • Up x 1
  10. Holomang

I actually tank quite frequently and I rarely die to C4 unless I'm tunnelvisioning. I rather enjoy tanks actually, though I don't delude myself into thinking it requires actual skill to use one, tanks are by far the easiest thing to kill with in the game.

And no, you can't have both - one is more than enough.
  11. Zenox

With the exception of the persistent jihaders, you know those light assaults who fly out of main bases trying to drop C4 on infantry bunched up in corners or around Sunderers, sure 8/10 times they will get killed before dropping anything, but it only has to be successful once to be worth it for them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Holomang

And yes, sooner or later, you're going to die - its part of the game.
  13. LT_Latency

No i am not, You guys are,

You want to be immune to every thing we have. We have one good weapon that will sure fire kill you and we have to get right on top of your damn tank to do it.

Then spend 3 or 4 second droppping them while 30 people are shoot at us. Then you get all teared eyed about it,

It way easier to just blast from 300 meters and blow something to shreds in one shot. Why is that fine??
    But the other much harder task is broken???
  14. tastyBerryPunch

My thoughts on the subject.
    [IMG]
  15. Zenox

Oh behave, your not one of these these nubs I see all day long are you, you know the ones who get locked into a spawn room and then moans about it? Because you do know when it gets like that you've already lost the point and it's time to redeploy to somewhere else. I don't know anyone who uses a VPC on a Mag any more because it's poop, so if a tank driver hits you square in the knockers at 300 meters with a 200mps projectile and you died he probably deserved the certs he got off you.
  16. Zenox

I agree if the guy stuck it on his rear he deserved the kill as I said above C4 damage should be locational because right now he could have dropped it on the floor next to him and still blown him up.
  17. Meeka

It already is balanced. A tank should cost way more than C4 does. And you never send in a tank without infantry support. They are the ones who are supposed to be keeping Light Assaults off your hull.
  18. LT_Latency

Amen, bother!!

Exact same **** can be said about dropping 2 c4 on a tank.

No, If a tank gets me is gets me, I am also not one of those noobs that goes ZOMG an infantry unit walked over to my tank and placed c4 on me because I am to lazy to take actions to protect myself

I think we are getting though to you guys now
  19. EliteEskimo

Ya except not by a single infantry player that spends a small fraction of the cost, and certainly not in a instagib mechanic form...:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  20. LT_Latency

You have a advatage over inf. In a battle of tank vs inf you should win.

You can kill from 300 meters they have to jump on top of you