What have you done with my air gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrazahNede, Jun 29, 2013.

1. DrazahNede

nothing but lock-on noobs everywhere
    • Up x 3
  2. Cougarbrit

Yeah GU11 seems to have increased lockons by 100%, I'm guessing because of the Bursters nerf and because you get bonuses for A2A kills, so more A2AM users too to get those cheap kills from dogfights they aren't a part of.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jachim

They need to reduce lockons ability to own. Both air and ground IMHO.

First the Striker.. make the thing a dumbfire variant of the Fractures for HA, or something instead of SNORE LOCKON SNORE FIRE
    Boorrrinnnggg and also lame for the other factions seeing as you're required to equip flares now or 80% damage from one volly. Lame.
    • Up x 2
  4. Cinnamon

Complaining got bursters nerfed. Did you just expect people to give up and run out and wave at you, waiting to be farmed?
    • Up x 11
  5. Kevorkian

You know what will keep people from locking on to you ingame?

Creating another QQ thread about lock-ons on the forums.
    • Up x 3
  6. NinjaTurtle

Lock ons should all be removed, they are cheap and cheesy.

Either that of need constant lock whilst missile homes in i.e you keep your cross hair over the target once fired rather than it being a case of fire and forget
    • Up x 5
  7. HellasVagabond

You can't keep a lockon on a mossie with afterburner so no, silly idea.
    • Up x 1
  8. LameFox

No, that's pretty normal with or without the missiles. It's a 'war', not a duel: if you're fighting my ally (or even my spare enemy) there's no particular reason for me not to take advantage of that. In fact I often use the guns for this even if I have missiles, because they're more immediate and can be the difference between saving someone and avenging them.

The main benefit to the missiles is extra DPS against libs and gals, especially coated in turrets and actually returning fire. For ESF it can be a handy way to get in a shot as you close on them, or as they flee to a place you don't want to follow (even if - and this is often the case - the place you don't want to follow them is just the swarm of allies who might ram you out of the sky).
    • Up x 2
  9. Zenanii

SOE just need to completely redesign lock-ons. The problem:

A weapon that does not require aiming have no place in a fps
    Extremely low skill-ceiling/floor on weapons make for shallow and generally unenjoyable gameplay as well as ***** on skilled players while handing out free cookies for bad players.
    • Up x 3
  10. Mxiter

I'm too poor in infantries ressources to put my DB max. No worries G2A are "free".

The fact is DB max arn't so effective and are really expensive.
    Skyguard arn't as effective as previous DB max were and neet medium outposts to spawn.

the last effective and easy to pull in every base AA are lock ons.
    • Up x 1
  11. Patrician

This really is so funny; I stated in another post, yesterday I think, that it wouldn't be long before the air-farmers would start crying about the increase in lock-on launchers after GU11 and the Buster nerfs. It didn't take long at all really did it? You flyboys really do think you should be able to farm infantry with impunity don't you?

All infantry sees since the Burster nerf is rocket pod noobs....
    • Up x 4
  12. NinjaTurtle

It's also silly to have a cheesy no skill kill weapon
    • Up x 2
  13. Gedd

without lock ons any half decent esf pilot would just line of sight everything fired at it with ease
    should anything in this game except another esf actually shoot you down?
    nerf lock on rocket launchers
    nerf A2A missiles
    Bursters only a deterrent again and only if the esf is right in your face and you have ext mags
    skyguard very situational
    nerf lib gunner
    and oh yeah buff flares

next up nerf mbt main gun elevation
    so i ask you elite pilots what in this game outside esf nose guns should actually take you out that does not require at least 4-5 people having to dedicate their game play time to deal with you
    • Up x 2
  14. HellasVagabond

You mean like the STRIKER ? Yea you can't, but wait, the TR do :)
  15. MarlboroMan-E

Right there with you. Couple easy solutions for the devs: reduce agility of a2a missiles to make them lib and gal busters, but less effective on esf. Next step: give us the option to further reduce flare timers for large amounts of certs.

Totally 100% agree that missiles reduce the enjoyment of the air game - although it is noticeably better after the burster tuning.
  16. Pikachu

Lock-ons allows people to shoot from ranges that makes the missiles not render. You hear the locking sound and then for seemingly no reason *tick tick tick* goes your health as the HA unloads his striker at you.
    • Up x 1
  17. NinjaTurtle

Yes like the striker, which I also advocate changing to either something more akin to the Prowlers main gun i.e dumbfire but with 2 shots in the chamber or to a cluster bomb type thing.

AA should be flak in the forms of Bursters or Skyguards or other ESF's playing an interceptor role not lock ons
  18. HellasVagabond

Normal AA lockons are fine, you need 3 missiles to down an ESF.....Along with the reload times that means you need to have an enemy ESF over you for around 20 seconds and for it NOT to have flares......

However the STRIKER is OP....You can launch all 5 rockets and the ESF is done for.....Sure you can "lead" those rockets to the ground but if you are very low or very high that's not easy.
  19. NinjaTurtle

Yes I agree the Striker is too much, that's why I would like to see it changed

I hate seeing weapons changed, buffed/nerfed when people have bought them with money, however with lock on weapons they need changing and people should just be refunded
  20. Regpuppy

An idea I've repeated that would make the current lock-ons more fun, to me at least. Would be to:

-make ground to ground lock-ons pure guide by wire with good vehicle damage and low infantry damage. They'll function very much like the engineer turret. I don't see any nerf to damage vs air because if someone manages to hit aircraft, good on them or bad on the pilot.

-Make Ground to Air lock-ons guide by wire but a lot faster and a little more forgiving (gravitate to ait a bit within a cone around your reticle and give them a flak-like mechanic) Negligible damage to armor.

- Annihilators ground and air damage would be somewhere between the focused lock-ons damage on both. But it would travel a little slower than the air, but faster than the ground. The flak-like mechanic would have a smaller spread as well and only work on aircraft.

- Strikers could either work similar to the Annihilator, but with spread out over five shells. Would be slightly stronger against armor than the annihilator, but the flak mechanic would be less pronounced with each shell.

Something of that sort. I'm not a fan of lock-ons in any form.