STOP Latice!!! or give us a server without one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jbkappirossi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Rockstone

The Lattice is the greatest thing ever. OP needs to be quiet and stop whining that he can't ghost cap.
    • Up x 4
  2. Rockstone

I hope that everyone who threatens to leave because of the greatest thing SOE ever did (Lattice) does.
  3. Kristan

Excuse me? I came to this game to fight other players. And when they avoid fights by "flanking" or steamrolling random half empty hex with platoons that makes me sad. Most of people in PS2 can not coordinate where they going with hex system and they don't listen to the higher ranks. Hex system was even dumber than lattice. People can't handle the freedom if they don't know how to use it! Therefore they get stuck at one location where is major fight going - Crown. People don't need strategy, they need fight. That's why they are in this game. Don't like it? Get over it or get the hell out.

Yet with lattice people still can do strategic maneuvers. That's why I asked if you played PS1, because there was lattice from the beginning and it worked great as for zergs and for Spec-Ops squads as well. If you don't know how... heh, pity you.
    • Up x 4
  4. zukhov

Err hex was chess? Oh come on all you had to do was look at the map and decide which weak hex to drop a squad or two on. You didn't have to account for choke points, logistics, enemy defence, defending anything etc. Just spread everyone out, grab as much as you can, zerg any resistance and continue capping as fast as possible. The result was running around the map as fast as possible and fighting the occasional short skirmish with the enemy. The front lines (such as they were) changed literally every few mins making any plan other than 'cap stuff fast' a waste of time. If you ever came across people serious about defending a base, their mistake, its easy to go around them and cap 4 territories while they hold one. The hardest thing in the hex system was finding a large scale battle that didn't dissolve after <15mins and actually meant something.

The lattice system isn't that much different from hex, there are often more attacking opportunities than just following the lattice links. There is nothing at all to stop you from crossing the lines and attacking a base that is linked to the lattice by a line other than your own. For example you can attack crossroads from crown if your empire has one of the 3 bases linking it. You can attack cerces hydroponics from Ti Alloys and so on. If a true zerg is just following a lattice line directly to the warp gate then skirmish teams can open up lattice links to cut them off and then attack from all sides while they butt up against the friendly army. The 'zerg' isn't everywhere on the lattice, there are plenty of opportunities for fighting outside of it.

The biggest difference I have found is that people put up a huge fight for a base now, be it a 12 v 12 skirmish or a 200 v 200 battle. People defend bases properly because they can't just abandon the hex and easily replace it with another 3.
    • Up x 7
  5. NccWarp9

So you are A coward thats hiding behind a zerg. That didnt take long to get out of you.
    Please dont project your fears of insignificance to others. If you feel you are not up for 1v1 then bring more, bring your entire platoon. That will enable other squad or platoon to advance on your prior position.

Hope you feel better with that realization. I know peoples lives can change once they make this kind of breakthrough realization.

In your post you also mention "As opposed to fluid, consistent battle lines? Well that's stupid, and thank GOD you can't do that crap anymore. Hex encouraged this cowardice, probably why you like it so much.
    What I get from this is that to you a battle is one hex on the map, and not the entire continent. Well that makes sence looking how limited your reasoning ability is.
    The objective of this game is to take the continent and hold it, and doing so while avoiding death of so many is just good strategy. And doing so without great loss is just sign of enemy's disorganization, internal struggles of just plain indifference for the side choose.

As I mentioned earlier, this game is RTS first and FPS second. What lettuce made planetside is a series of COD maps. ... Thats it. Its COD. It will no doubt bring more players for me to farm my certs from and they will quit, and soon I will quit as no more thinking problems are to found in this game, just mind numbing zerg, zerg....

Please tell me Im wrong about this. ...
  6. Kristan

^what he said^
  7. NccWarp9

This is true. If you have pubs in your platoon they don't listen they don't follow they just create chaos.
    SO SOE should have spent more thinking about how to introduce players into the game and now just showing them into it.
  8. Kristan

9. Tekuila

It's pleasing a lot more people.
    • Up x 5
  10. Collin

So you can´t fight! You want to hide in a buidling! You want to force us to run behind you in your aircraft all over the map. You want to force YOUR gameplay to entire platoons while your mom is making dinner for you? You want to sit somewhere and hide and destroy the battle for huge outfits. You want to make us to spread all over the map and race and crab towers and outposts 24/7 without a fight. You want me serving you a fight?

I don´t think so! I want to feel the heat of the battle! I want that tanks, Aircrafts, troops and maxes fight each other! I want to support troops and rush, flank, shoot. I want 100 of players rushing into the fight and defending outposts.

I want HUGE FIGHTS because this is Planetside!
    • Up x 4
  11. CNR4806

Lattice completely destroys teamplay and tactics? Please, for everyone's sanity's sake, check the thread linked in my sig.

Also, two zergs chasing each other's tail in a circle-of-zero-resistance-capping and ghost capping are fight avoidance glorified as tactics. I recommend you to join a BF3 No Killing Flag Run stat-padding server if you think that is fun.

...Oh wait, OP suggested BF3 in his post? Then let me rmind you: There's no such thing as a "frontline" in Battlefield 3. In PS2 terms, you can be warpgated at Indar North Warpgate and suddenly ghost cap Scarred Mesa Skydock.
    • Up x 2
  12. Vanus Aran

Camperside2 players.
  13. NccWarp9

It was for me, movement of large forces. Just instead of AI driving the tanks or infantry shooting at each outer using rock/paper/scissors to determine it hit was made its real people playing and dying. Im sorry if you dont see it that way but that was what fascinated me about Planetside in the first place. The wast open space with all the possibilities. FPS element for me is additional bonus the the main attraction.
    If I just wanted fights I could have gone to COD or some other shooter.

Moving in sync hundreds or people (given, half are almost always zerg) and when everything clicks its pure magic.
    I feel for you if you never experienced all that planetside has to offer and that you have just stayed at one hex level.
    I was genuinly thriled to see how far this aspect of the game can be developed, and they went in the opposite direction.
    I fear that's the general opinion and that Im in minority but I will very saddened by loss of that strategic level of the game.
  14. RomulusX

Go fight on Amerish and Esamir
  15. Vanus Aran

They had been in Hex-system too. Invalid.

Thanks to people like you Miller crashed again this day
    because too many people squeezed in to less of a single spot.
  16. zukhov

Yeh, large battles happened on the hex system - usually they were over in less than 15 mins because everyone dispersed to find undefended hexes to cap. By the time the fight was over the battle would have turned from a struggle for a crucial base into a pointless fight for meaningless cut off territory - and usually the winners would have lost 5 times as much as they gained.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kristan

Pretty rare occasion with Hex system. Most of the biggest Hex battles were around the Crown, Allatum, Zurvan. For the rest of the map there were no big battles because there was squads that "flanked" each other, capping territory as fast as they could not even facing each other. But they had freedom of movement! They went wherever they please. They were cool because they used "strategic factor"...

... guys... Ever thought that devs made lattice system for a reason because Hex system has failed?
    • Up x 2
  18. NccWarp9

The thread linked in your post is a joke ? right ?
    FOR GOD SAKE ITS DRAWN ON THE MAP, ALL POSSIBLE APPROACHES. YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE HEADING. ESPECIALY IF YOU SENT OUT SCOUTS. BUT NO ... NO ONE SEND OUT SCOUTS BECAUSE THEY ARE BRAIN DEAD.
    HAVE YOU EVER USED SCOUTS? AND YOU WERE SURPRISED THAT THEY JUMPED YOU, OFCORSE THEY DID.
    LIKE, YOU KNOW THAT FLASH HAS A GOOD SCOUT RADAR AND IF INFILTRATOR USES IT IT CAN GO AROUND THE MAP AND SCOUT .... LIKE LOOK WHERE THE ENEMY IS AND ITS DIRECTION ???
    BUT YOU LIKE SOE HOLDING YOUR HAND AND TELLING YOU ... LOOK HERE COME THE ENEMY. ....

Holy **** what an ... joke, and you were serious about your post... Im amazed, stunned,

And again, whats wrong with caping Skydock? If done properly it can break your warpgating effort. Provide a spawn point behind your lines, which you as a master tactician do look after, right ?
  19. EvilPhd

You know what you are right. I mean taking a hex that was directly adjacent to your territory and engaging the enemy with two fronts or forcing them to pull away from their main zerg so your main zerg could gain some ground is just silly ghost capping. 50v50 ghost capping. I mean who defends a base that's right next to their main forces?
    The whole meta game of taking all the air points so they stop throwing wave after wave of sythes at the front lines - that was just walk in a base and capping it after heavily defended amp stations and a direct zerg line from their warpgrate.

Then actually having to respond to dynamic battle conditions because you were unprepared? That's what communication and teamwork are for. Let's just fix that up right there and freeze the front line for a few hours.

You want your micro tactics because the population failed to sustain a larger world mega fight - you got it. Those tactics were always there in the hex when it came to capping individual bases. I was looking for something bigger in this game. Apparently the community wasn't up to it.

As I said collateral damage. GG.
    • Up x 2
  20. NccWarp9

Sure, but I never figured it out. As mentioned before, what they made now is a series of cod maps.
    I really liked the influence system. If territory was in your possesion for a long time it would take longer to cap. Thus discuraging "ghostcapping" I could have worked fine with some changes. The biggest drawback of that system was that it took to long to cap large bases like emp stations even if defenders left. But that could have been sorted differently, not by lettuce.