SOE plans to monetize KDR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omega4

But if you eliminate KDR, then all those "useless" snipers won't have anything left to brag about....

• Up x 2
  2. Badname3073

What's "BCP"?
  3. Zerran

I would assume an acronym for the guy who started this thread, BuzzCutPsycho.
  4. SKYeXile

do you even watch people with these people with this sort of K/Ds play?

No im not judging him off his K.D, iv seen him play, iv flown up behind his tank...hovered, spammed "hail" and he slowly turns the gun, doesn't even reface the hull, iv killed him dozens of time in a row as he footzergs from an AMS up under the small bridge of the crown, as i sit above it...in a magrider raining down VPC, he has no situational awareness, thats why he has a bad KD.

Its the same in world of tanks, people say all the stuff about how win loss and rating means **** all, but time and time again you see people in heavy tanks push out into open fields solo at the start of the and get broadsided by 6 enemy tanks and they wonder why their win rate is 45%. If you have under .5 K/D you're playing bad, bad or playing dumb, that's just how it is....all these people with bad K/DS say they run support or they rush in and they why they have bad K/DS...No its because you play dumb, playing support is no excuse to have a bad K/D its an excuse to have a low KPM, you know how you could be supporting your empire better? not dying, same with running into a room...who runs into a room mindlessly, its dumb, try called slicing the cake...this is how its done, try it sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iMm-alMQ6A4#t=448s
    • Up x 2
  5. Fenrisk

Most Played Class: Engineer
    Most Played Vehicle: Scythe

A good chunk of players with high K/D ratios run scythe/engineer. Just like your own stats. Check the top players. Nearly every single one is a tank/aircraft player who only leaves it to repair.

Even a guy with a low K/D could bring it back up high just by dumping all his certs into a mozzie/sythe, grabbing pods and farming/flying away as soon as they take significant damage.
  6. tsubakki

1) yes its a money grab, its a free to play game, you monetize every single thing you can find as only a small percentage of your players provide income, and without money there is no progress or income,

2) while i do agree it shouldn't be in the game, it is possible to pull emphasis away from kdr though implementation of a good tutorial making objective based gameplay most important, this makes the tutorial being added in the next month or so very important and influential on the flow of the game for new players, however we cannot forget this is a shooter, KDR was in the previous title, its in this game also, and while it might detract the simple fact is that facility's are captured and the battle moves to cap bases, for more dedicated players of course one could join a respectable outfit, suggesting that both objective based and kill based gameplay are viable as they are both freely available, i don't see why we do not need one or the other, simply work out a way to guide the zerg in the direction of the objective,

on top of this removing KDR entirely could negatively affect the games popularity so that is a factor to consider,

3) as i pointed out the original planetside had a KDR stat, the difference was it was relativity hidden, so why not if this is implemented, hide the stat away at the bottom of the list and have stats like base captures, base defense kills, and the like as the focus, splitting the KDR up into objective based kills could work to at least hide the focus on KDR and encourage an objective based gameplay experience without removing KDR,

to explain this idea further, instead of kill, death and assist, it is split into base defense kill, base defense death, suppression fire kill, suppression fire death, spotted kill, spotted death, base battle capture, base battle loss, base clean-up kill, base clean-up death, vehicle suppression kill, vehicle suppression death, as well as assists for all noted that allow it plus base capture, base loss, hacked equipment and enemy equipment destruction, though this, it splits up KDR into something looking more like an objective based KDR, along with that commander person telling you to defend, clean up, or attack depending on situation, it could work to some extent to mask KDR and have the desired effect of masking it to a point as the kill death ratio is split intentionally into sections for objective based kills and deaths,

my idea may sound rough, however simply removing KDR will not fix the problem, instead having a potential to do damage, instead, we could in effect use several methods, splitting KDR into an objective based KDR, tutorial emphasis on capture and objective based play, and in-built commands from the faction voice person thing, to focus players more on the objective, with this, KDR resents suddenly become just an option people who want to look their best would buy,

wow i rambled a little,
  7. SKYeXile

what are you trying to say, that i would have an equally bad K/D as infantry? how good are you at maths?
  8. Fenrisk

How many pure infantry players have very high K/D other then snipers? Someone who's main is a heavy, light assault, medic has a 10x harder time maintaining a high K/D then the pilots out there.

Nearly all pilots without exception fly off as soon as you dent their paint work and a significant amount only look for farming opportunities.

Your base defences/attacks are also very low. There are BR 30 players who have taken and defended more bases then you. This to me tells me you are a farmer. Your welcome to your playstyle but don't pretend that your K/D represents any amount of skill.
    • Up x 2
  9. SKYeXile

probably none have a very high KD when compared to vehicle players, but a good K/D as infantry is 4, all these things are relative. Judging somebody from K/D only is moronic, there's so much data out there you can paint a good picture of if somebody is good or not, but you dont do it by looking at just K/D or what vehicle they use or what class they played most. If you bothered to look at all my stats you would see that i do atleast 3K/D as infantry and 1.8KPM is infantry, on my primary gun. Which few people touch...even in a vehicle...yet alone as infantry.
  10. NietCheese

I've seen how you play. You camp on hilltops and HE spam into spawns or fly in a Liberator. Farming, never risking your own life, worrying about your precious KDR.

You are the last person I'd ever listen to for advice on this topic.
  11. SKYeXile

If I worried about my KDR...it wouldn't be 10...
  12. SKYeXile

If I worried about my KDR...it wouldn't be 10...
  13. f0d

it would be 20? :p
  14. Blue

Kill stat to stay, death stat to go.
  15. Tasogie

Without exception huh? interesting, I guess you have access to stats none els does, an you seem to know exactly how everyone plays.Please mate, dont be trotting out stats made out of thin air, it makes you look silly. I fly like that at all time sin my Scythe, so if I do it, a "self admittedly average pilot"..... then just how many do exactly same thing....
  16. Metalsand

Yeah, I've noticed that when I first came into PS2, it was all about "Yeah **** the Vanu, lets capture some ****!".

Now it's like, "Oh ok...so this class with this weapon will farm some kills and certs, and...oh **** i've got a low K/D ratio, better change class/vehicle".
    • Up x 3
  17. daicon

Pretty much this for me too
  18. BillKillit

We all need money, but there are degrees of desperation.
  19. Tatwi

This guy,
    [IMG]
    was probably expecting a higher return on his investment.

There is no way SOE magically came up with the money to make this game; They likely took out a nice fat loan from The9/Zhu Jun. If so, those of you who stick around can expect SOE to push even more inane money making ideas or Sony Computer Entertainment to shut down SOE when SCE/Sony has to pay Zhu Jun, due to SOE's inability to build a viable business out of their MMOs.

I lol in the general direction of concept of erasing/resetting KDR let alone selling a reset to people... but desperate times call for desperate measures, eh?
  20. SKYeXile

Its a pretty well known fact I am am a farmer, this is PlanetSide. what am i going to do? take bases like a nub?...guess what nobody cares...KD, KPM and XP/M matters, thats why this thread is 30 pages, because you all care about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.