FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Latex

FX8350
    16ram
    gtx680
  2. Eric Smith

What you need to do is be able to place a bunch of computer driven NPCs, vehicles, tracers, and explosions. I don't care what the FPS is when you're running/driving/flying around an empty continent, it's keeping track of all the figures moving around and rendering all of them that kills my (and most everyone else's) FPS - thus why people quote FPS rates for Warpgate and Battle (and sometimes small/med/large battle). If you're not testing for those conditions then you might as well not test at all.
  3. Filip

Same cluster**** here! 5-30% fps drop, CPU usage went down the drain

settings:
    graphics H, effects H, renderQ 100%, renderDist 2500, Lighting M, Tex M, everything else set to Low, AO,MB,FShadows disabled, Vsync OFF.

@warpgate before/after GU04 30-40/27-35 MEH..
    alone in desolated area 60/60 - pretty much the same
    medium fights 27-35/17-30 -HARDLY ENJOYABLE
    Large fights was 20-30/7-20 + stuttering UNACCETABBUBLE!!! x_x

Dell l702x
    core i5 2450 2cores(4threads)@2,9ghz 3mb cache
    OC's GT 555M
    4GB ram (seems enough though..)
    7200rpm 500gb HDD

What's pretty odd, I've noticed 10C degree drop of CPU temp (was 80-85 before GU04) now the temp didn't get past 76C after intense 40min battle on Ceres, Towrich area.

Please fix this ASAP!!!
  4. Beltway

Looks awesome, I never noticed this camo before. Is this new or something you get from alpha squad?
  5. iller

ya I do this too. It's legit when the place is crowded... you're not going to see radically different results unless you make a B-Line for the nearest Zerged Tech-Plant. Even Biolabs are pretty consistent with Warpgate FPS on my old Dual Core o_O
  6. Rebu

Ya I'm sorry but I really didn't want to rage as I was able to play a good 2 hours but then after we capped a bio lab things went south. Before this patch I would get anywhere from 10-30 FPS yes I have a crap pc 6 gigs of ram intel quad 2.33 Nivida Geforce GT 550. But anyways back the to problem I am now getting random freezes ((pretty much 95% of the time)) where its 0 fps then when it comes back I am having the good ole flashing can't see anything bug. Then it just kinda keeps doing this. But just really really sucks to not be able to play when I finally wanted to again. All I have to say is this just brings back memory's of good ole SOE and EQ 1 days when ever a patch came out you don't get to play for a week or two.
  7. Tombombadil

Adding myself to the list, although it feels more like stuttering than strictly frame loss.

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    8GB DDR3 corsair
  8. Enomaly

amd "8core" @ 4.0ghz
    radeon 7870
    16g ram
    256g SSD

Horrible Horrible FPS now
  9. penandpencilman

I'll just add to the masses and say that the new stinks....bad. Used to get 20-40 on med on my laptop. Now I get less than10, it is horrible. I have intel i5, 8 gigs of ram, and geforce 630m. ARGH!
  10. freeze

- i5 2500K
    - GTX 560 Ti
    - 16GB RAM
    - Win7 64bit

~30% fps drop
  11. Gary

It is from the Nvidea Bundle... UK get Vehicle, Armor and Weapon Circuit Board camo for 1 character and that character gets 1 of each 7 day boost and a Zephyr PX (Zephyr Clone with a smaller model). non of this is and will not be made account wide currently or from the Account wide unlocks.

US players get 5000 Station cash.... They can spend on any character on any weapons or cosmetics with upcoming Account wide unlocks they have a potential of upto 15000 Station cash...

The camo grows on you but still feel kind of ripped off compared to what US players get.
  12. Oheck

Yep, seeing the FPS loss once I got into range of an amp station with a enemy platoon inside. I'm sure you folks will get on top of this like you did with the last fps drop due to an update. So...I await the hotfix. ;)

i7 2600 @ 3.4 ghz
    16 gigs ram
    GTX 570 1.2
    SB Recon 3d
    Win 7 64 bit
  13. fish998

Saw some odd framerate drops tonight, but only briefly.

However, having taken a few weeks off ........man this game is ugly when you come back to it. Did they break the graphics or something?
  14. Pr3d4d0r

Before Patch: 30~45 FPS in big battles - What isn't good
    After Patch: 15~25 FPS in the same battles - Unplayable!

Specs
    AMD X4 965 3.8 Ghz
    8 Gb RAM DDR3
    XFX HD 6870
    Win 7 64 Bits
  15. CannedBullets

Yeah this is close to unplayable. now.

FX-6300
    8 GBs of RAM
    Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB
  16. Urban Cohort

i5 3570k @ 4.1
    gtx560
    windows 7 x32 (yeah yeah, I know)
    8gb ram

Used to hover around 100 fps, and dip down to 40 fps on medium/high during action. Now I'm getting 60/28, respectively... :(
  17. TRman

unplayable after update 30-40 fps here
  18. Mastachief

Why can we not have a test server they served us well in the original game and would certainly highlight lots of these problems without destroying weeks of game play every time you guys do an update.
  19. Delain81

Yea, really agree witht hat.
  20. PapaHoleNUrHead

wow! went from 90+ fps to less than 30. yes, I replaced my useroptions.ini. after that, I even did the following that was suggested by SOE for performance. Needless to say, very unhappy with this round of optimizations. i'm in the same boat as a LOT of players, had excellent performance during beta and seen that drop with every major update, but this one is a real doozy!

intel i7 3770k @ 3.50 GHz
    32GB memory
    EVGA/Nvidia GTX 680 w/ 4GB FTW
    Win7 64-bit

1.Revert your Game Settings to Default
    After a game update certain settings may change and impact the game’s performance on your system. As a result, we would suggest going to your PlanetSide 2 directory, locate the UserOptions.ini file and delete it. Once you have done so, launch the game.
    2.Lower your Graphics Settings to Medium
    If you are currently running the game at high settings try setting all of the graphics settings (with the exception of Render Quality, which you will want to leave at 100%) to Medium. Once you have done so completely exit the game and log back in.
    3.Access a Low Population Server to test your Settings
    Once you have completed the first 2 steps log into PlanetSide 2, choose a server with a low population, and go to a warp-gate spawn location (any of them will suffice).
    4.Checking your Frames per Second (FPS)
    Once you are back in the game set the game to full-screen mode at native resolution (if you are using a larger than normal display setup simply start with one standard resolution setting for now and adjust as you see fit after these steps have been completed) then press Alt + F to display your current frame-rate in the Bottom Left area of the screen. Choose a location to look at for a moment then record your current FPS.
    5.Change your Render Quality
    Go into you’re your Graphics Settings and change your Render Quality to 50% (this is just temporary for this test) and make sure you are looking at the same location as you were in the previous step. Record your new Frame-Rate number and refer to the possible outcomes below:

Your Frame-Rate improved noticeably:
    If your Frame-Rate improved considerably your graphics card is controlling your frame rate more than your CPU. You should try the next series of changes, in this order (disable these options one at a time – if they do not make a difference in frame rate then there is no need to disable the option).
    1.Decrease resolution
    2.Use a Render Quality other than 100% (try 85%)
    3.Turn down shadows
    4.Turn off options with checkboxes (no order here, cards all vary in the costs of these)
    5.Turn down lighting quality
    6.Turn down flora quality
    7.Turn down model quality
    8.Turn down particle quality and effects quality together.
    9.Turn down texture quality

Your Frame-Rate did not noticeably improve:
    If this is the case we would suggest trying the following steps:
    1.Lower the audio quality
    2.Lower the Terrain quality
    3.Lower the particle and effects quality