Yesterday it worked ... Today it doesn't

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wyndsworn, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Wyndsworn Member

Hi - Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with today's update. I can't get into the game at all. I click on the launcher and it installed the update, then crashed my PC. Have updated all my drivers etc. and PC is running fine but everytime I have tried to launch the game my PC totally crashes. I don't even get to the point where I can push the play button.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

well, i didn't get on today because i was out all day with appointments. tonight it is slowly installing the updates. at one point it got to almost finished and then stopped. will let you know if i can get in. did you ever get in?

kk on second try it seems i am in
  3. Wyndsworn Member

Nope - still out - every time I try to run the launcher I get the dreaded Blue Screen. Updated all my drivers and have been running HDrv scans and Root checkers to see if I caught any viruses. So far the only thing that is causing issue is the EQ 2 Launch screen
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Have you tried validating files, or you not even getting that far?
  5. Spock Active Member

I would validate your asset files on the launchpad as suggested. No problem joining the game here.
  6. lavivar New Member

I experience problems getting in after the update this morning. The screen freezes at "Loading zone resources" and then nothing.
    What should I do ?
  7. suka Well-Known Member

have you tried bypassing the launcher? go to your eq2 folder and click on eq2.exe. if launcher doesn't want to work at a ll it might be corrupted. you can download launcher all over again without changing your files. or you can simply move the launcher cache files to a backup folder and see if it will launch. by removing the cache, you force it to build a new one.

try this from an old thread:
  8. lavivar New Member

Got in on fifth try with lower lv char and then the problem was fixed. Weird.
    suka likes this.
  9. Wyndsworn Member

Thanks Suka - Was going to validate files but was unable to get that far before the PC went BSOD - I'm at work right now but I will try these suggestions when I get home - Darn boss won't let me play EQ 2 at work
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

If you're getting the BSOD then your problem is not EQ2. It might be a hardware issue. Unplug your RAM and video card and plug them back in. Your computer is not supposed to fire up if there is a problem with those but it does happen sometimes when people put their fingers on the connectors. You could also put some heat paste under your processor. That's the short version.
  11. Wyndsworn Member

Thanks for the ideas Zues, but my issue is not hardware, or at least there is very little to support that theory since I have successfully opened other games, major applications and heavy graphics without issue. The ONLY time this happens is when I attempt to launch EQ2 and only since yesterday, which argues for something in the update being corrupted or something there that now conflicts with pre-existing drivers or hardware.
    In addition, my processor was 're-pasted' about a month ago at the same time that I gave my motherboard a thorough cleaning
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

Well that's good to hear then. Perhaps it's a Direct X problem? Try installing DX9?
  13. Wyndsworn Member

Could be DirectX - good idea - I'll try that too
  14. Wyndsworn Member

Alrighty - I'm in ... finally- Had to delete the launchpad.cache folder as you suggested Suka and ran the launcher. Didn't get the BSOD and I got further but still couldn't enter the game. It would get me to loading the entities and then throw an error. Ran the file verifier at the launch screen and it found an error with the appcache file. When that was repaired I was able to enter. Thanks for everyone's help