Socket error-unreachable (11004)

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by miquich, May 16, 2013.

1. miquich New Member

After a successful night of gaming, I tried to login to my Launchpad only to receive this error. It scrolls that error, along with http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-en/live/eq2-en.sha.soe
    I've contacted customer service, who told me to make sure all the right ports were opened etc, even though I have -never, ever- had a problem with patching before. I've taken down my firewall and antivirus too, again I have never ever had to do this. Even uninstalled the thing. Still get the exact same error. Help?
  2. miquich New Member

McAfee messed my internet settings when it was installed. Once it was fixed the launcher worked perfectly.
  3. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to resolve your launchpad issues. It is always good to check and make sure all antivirus/firewall programs have the game set as an exception :) Please let us know if you have any more issues!
  4. Razyzawn New Member

I've been having the same problem the last 2 days. Turns out it was my anti-virus as well. Avira Antivirus must have published an update that blocked this port.
  5. Irishman New Member

How did you fix it? I tried out mcafee and it messed up launcher same way. I tried resetting the IE browser internet settings but that didn't work
  6. Gideon01 New Member

i dont think its mcafee, im having the same issues with nortan. even with nortan disabled, after i log out of game my internet settings revert back to the "use proxy server settings". i have to go in and change them every time i want to play.....
    i cant find a setting in nortan or anywhere in windows for that matter to get the lan settings to stay with "use proxy server" unchecked.
  7. Josh New Member

8. Gideon Member

control panel>internet options>connections>lan settings<uncheck use proxy server>click ok.
    that should let you play the game.
    i was having the same issue and that fixed it for me.
    Axerend and Ecugia88 like this.
  9. kylealoi New Member

I got the error No data (11004) i used your simple trick of not useing a proxy server and it cleared it right up thanks.:)
  10. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

The most common causes of a socket error is Bloatware. In these cases, a semi-malicious program (or group of programs) is preventing the launch pad from connecting. I have also included additional instructions to follow as subsequent steps if removing bloatware did not resolve the issue.

1. To fix this, you will need to remove said bloat ware programs in order to connect. Some common software to look for is below.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    • Severeweatheralerts.exe

2. Reset your Internet options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab. scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and *Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk* then click on Ok.

3. Windows Proxy Settings: Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28400

4. LP4 Cache Settings: If some cached information is preventing the LP4 from working properly, they can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

5. Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable AV/FW software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software.

6. Client Reinstallation: This is a last ditch effort – as I’m sure you know, reinstalling takes time, and not an initial recommendation. In some rare cases, however, reinstalling the client will fix the Socket Error.
  11. Ecugia88 Active Member

Gideon's post helped me. unchecked the user proxy settings thing i can log in now. Why isnt this on the Knowledge base man??
  12. Mr0gre New Member

Not sure why it is doing this but mine did as well and it IS NOT on my end,every time they initiate double xp it causes this.I have had more issues since all access landed than I have in the last 5 years.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

14. Echosong New Member

I'm having this same problem but tried all of these suggestions and nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling it. I keep hearing people say that doesn't work though. I don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy.
  15. McNerdofWar New Member

I'm having the same problem but I'm not sure what started it so I can't really fix it...The problem is the same http://manifest.patch.station.sony....a.soeSocketError:Unreachable-No data (11004)- it's on every SOE game I have..Landmark, EverQuest2 and Dragon's Prophet..All the same type of error.
    I played LM last night but now I can't get into any of the games. Any suggestions on where to start looking first? Everything worked intill 2/27/2014 then I got this problem.
  16. Asyre New Member

This fix worked for me, but the settings change right back to using a proxy server after about 15 seconds. So I'm able to get to the launcher and download the game and updates, but as soon as I go into the game, it crashes on a black screen. Any tips on how to keep the settings from reverting or a new fix that hasn't already been listed?
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes, remove the Malware or Virus which has infected your PC.
    Svenone likes this.
  18. Orodrithh New Member

Could you maybe be more helpful? I'm having the same problem and BitDefender hasn't reported any suspicious files.
  19. spcjbowen New Member

I've tried everything on this page and I still get Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004) . I have no viruses, acceptions to run EQ and EQ2 have been made for every firewall and antivirus setting available. I've gone thru and reset settings under internet options to allow for the game to run. I have even used my back up and restore option for my laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled steam, EQ, EQ2, etc. The last successful login I had was the last time I played EQ back in April. I am at my whits end here because I've invested so much of my time and money and would hate to think that it's all gone to nothing. Is there possibly anything that we are missing here that may not have been thought of before?