Skyshrine teleport ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I did quickly the questline till underdepth so my faction is at 20K now.

Where can buy the teleporter ? There is a vendor in the "today central area" but he sells armors.
    I have access to "skyshrine past" but it's empty, i found there a monk mercenary but he won't follow me.

Some hints about the boss abilities would be welcome, me (warden 95) and a guardian 92 could kill the first bosses in underdeep but it was a bit tough.

This COE expansion was probably a bit strange, i zoned by mistake in the epic x4 zone and soloed the first pack of trash, which ended up to be easier than the first boss on underndeep (that people call sky 4).

I truly doubt that people did appreciate the amount of trash mob slowing down casting speed, eating mana, and using kick bac .....
  2. Bashem Well-Known Member

3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

4. Bashem Well-Known Member

5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Heh, yes. I'm on a phone and while looking the info up you beat me to it. I'm slow!
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes it old content but suddenly i decided to have my own tp there.

COE must have been HELL, no bank, no merchant at the quest hub, no easy access (10mn horse ride).

A solo quest-line that got many heroic steps (i m sure that COE heroic were not soloable at 92 unless you had very good gear).

Also things are confusing ...
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/skyshrine-city-faction-merchant.538729/

So he is in the ghost city ? But in which area there 3 big areas, all are empty with only actors.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I seem to remember that you needed to complete the entire series of quests to buy the teleporter standard because the faction merchant is in the "Peacefull Past" zone.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

The banner is tradeable so if you can't get into the city in the past to buy it, you might be able to find somebody who does have access to buy it for you.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I would buy it for you if I could. When I'm in game later I'll see which color teleporter circle takes me to the merchant and post here.

<3
    Ava
  10. TrulyVexed Active Member

After you've completed the questline, the teleporter to the 'past' is located on one of the back walls, IIRC if you face the guy that gives the solo quest, it's behind him and a little bit to the right on that back wall.
  11. Azian Well-Known Member

I did the same thing not too long ago. I wanted the banner for our guild hall and we had largely missed CoE so didn't have one already. Based upon your original description, you should be able to get the banner now. You don't have to have finished the Underdepths zone quests (in fact, I didn't do them at all as I had gained the needed 10k faction with the Claws of Veeshan by doing the quests leading up to the Underdepths stuff.)

The only thing I can't do is get the archon merc as my understanding is that requires a "control rod" or somesuch item that you get from one of the named mobs in Underdepths. (Don't hold me to that last part as I haven't done it, just read it.)

My best guess is that you may have missed the merchant in the past zone? If I have time around lunch I'll log in and see if I can find the merchant again and give you a waypoint or something.
  12. TrulyVexed Active Member

FYI (if you're curious): I made the mistake of confusing the control rods, there's a control rod that drops in the last zone but that's only used as a part of the strat against the last name, you can't use it to control the mercs (I tried at the time as I struggled to do Dozekar solo at the beginning of ToV).. the control rod for hiring the Skyshrine mercs is a reward after completing the final quest.
    Azian likes this.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

When you zone in to the normal Skyshrine. There are three portals in a row. You don't want any of those. You want the one off on a side wall that is listed as Skyshrine: The Forbidden City of Dracur when you mouse over it. When I zone in, I have no hostiles but there are a variety of npcs and mobs as I run through the corridors. The quartermaster is in the largest central area, the Grand Emporium.

You need Quartermaster Zrek. He's in the Covenant district at 49.11, -0.98, -295.22.

If your zone is different then maybe you missed one of the quests along the way?
    Avahlynn likes this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

Okay, so I'm a bit confused. Why do you keep talking about COE (Chains of Eternity) while talking about Skyshrine? Or am I forgetting a zone abbreviation from Skyshrine?

Skyshrine was not part of COE. It was it's own thing added to Velious the spring before COE released in the fall.

In any case, if people can't find the merchant that sells the banner to port to Skyshrine, COE/TOV zones(drinal columns, crafter spirit anchors) and what have you, most servers have 'portal houses' on the housing leaderboards that have most portal items. The vast majority of them (all except the crafted portal paintings I think) can be used by any visitor.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

[quote="Finora, post: 6108167, member: 94"In any case, if people can't find the merchant that sells the banner to port to Skyshrine, COE/TOV zones(drinal columns, crafter spirit anchors) and what have you, most servers have 'portal houses' on the housing leaderboards that have most portal items. The vast majority of them (all except the crafted portal paintings I think) can be used by any visitor.[/quote]
    Yeah, Cloudrat has one on every server...even Nagafen, both good and evil, if I recall her post about her transport hubs correctly.
    Kalika and Finora like this.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah, Cloudrat has one on every server...even Nagafen, both good and evil, if I recall her post about her transport hubs correctly.[/quote]

Good tip i used the one from a the guild i raid with for a quick access.

I finally found the merchant, he is as indicated by several of yours in the central area of the "past city". It's quite missleading since most of the NPC there are indeed inactive. But on the central plaza there is a second merchant. There are also some mercenaries that i can now hire since I got a wand doing the quest line whose final reward is a lovely drake. I will probably buy some of the mercenaries, but more for apperance reasons than anything else.

One fun side effect is that I got too a polymoph into concept wand that is inherited, so my necro can now pretend to be a channeler.