random Black SOD only in eq2

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-dlooshnl, Dec 2, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-dlooshnl Guest

I have been back playing eq2 or about 2 weeks and ive been experiencing an extremely random BlSOD. at first i blamed my system checked all drivers reinstalled win 7...bought a $200 UPS.. etc etc...but i now know its definately not me. let me explain...
    for the past week i have been trying to complete Ghoulbane.. everytime i go into cauldron hollow within 5 mins i have crashed...with a BlSOD.. just like the random times around the game it has happened otherwise. Since cauldron hollow was crashing at 100% it seems logical there is a prblem in there. Then today i took a friend with me and he crashed as well. So i know is not me.

what next?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

dlooshnl wrote:
    There is some information floating onthe net that one of the recent Microsoft updates is causing a black screen of death under certain circumstances, you maybe expierencing this. Not all systems are affected.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

dlooshnl wrote:
    Greetings,
    That's a somewhat lesser used zone, so it's possible there's a problem with it even though I have not heard anything to that effect. You may want to submit a /bug report if we are unable to correct this after trying some basic steps.
    Assuming it's not a game bug, can you provide some basic information about the system? At the very least I would like to collect your graphics card info and driver versions. There have been a few bad driver releases from Nvidia recently and that could be the problem here.