Patcher Initializing

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-spooonerism, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Add my name to the list :(
  2. ARCHIVED-harleygjc Guest

same here! was playing ok had a small power cut and had to reboot, then when trying the launcher again I had a launcher.exe dl and and splat! network error each time I try to connect and the launcher crashes! well done soe
  3. ARCHIVED-Ookami-san Guest

I am having the same issue.... Network Error in the patcher, then it bombs.
  4. ARCHIVED-harleygjc Guest

Xere wrote:

I've just tried that and still get the network error looks like I'll have to wait for soe to fix it proper! zzzzzzzz ah well!!!

forget that! I tried running EQ2launcher.exe not just EQ2.exe ahem!!! I was getting ahead of myself thinking it was running ok! no idea why I thought that.
  5. ARCHIVED-Maldacht Guest

Pirates of the Burning sea goes live through the launcher in less than an hour and my guess is that something happened when they tied the new game into it. But Ill leave it up to the experts to sort out. "HEY experts you awake over there?"
  6. ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel Guest

I am haveing the exact same issue. What's the deal.
  7. ARCHIVED-Master Lee Guest

Yes I was able to get on via Eq2.exe file. Thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-QueenPriscilla Guest

you can also get in using the Station Launcher beta program ... however ... just bumping the issue
  9. ARCHIVED-spooonerism Guest

After my initial post, I'm now getting the "Network Error".

Obviosly a huge prob their end.
    Sigh.
  10. ARCHIVED-Clunk Guest

I cant get in from the launch pad or the exe file. Sure glad I didn't call in sick.
  11. ARCHIVED-Paddyo Guest

Not saying everyone else is wrong, but on my machines here, its everquest2.exe that bypasses the launcher, EQ2.exe fire the launchpad off.
  12. ARCHIVED-rrr67212 Guest

eq2.exe is the launcher. everquest2.exe is the game. Click on everquest2.exe & you should get in.
  13. ARCHIVED-Aishrod Guest

You can use the actual station launcher to launch the game ( the one that is in beta atm- can be downloaded off of SOE, just search station launcher - in yahoo or google)
    I could not launch EQ2 directly but once I used the station launcher it worked just fine.
  14. ARCHIVED-QueenPriscilla Guest

At least they seem to be aware of the issue (despite the usual lack of any information from SoE) ...
    Found this on the PotBS website ...

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news...rticle_id=10567
    Our launch is delayed until at least 10 a.m. Pacific time due to an issue with SOE's LaunchPad. Our friends at SOE are debugging an issue they discovered during final testing and they expect to have it resolved, tested, and live within the hour.
    We're really sorry for this delay but are at least pleased that the issue was discovered internally before all of you hit it instead!
  15. ARCHIVED-Normal1 Guest

I know a lot of people are suggesting to open the program with the actual application and bypassing the launcher but it won't work with people on the Euro servers. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get into the EU servers yet? I tried through the beta launcher as well with no luck.
  16. ARCHIVED-spooonerism Guest

Ha ha, found a cure for my problems-
    Noticed that the 'MTU' setting on my router had been re set.
    This was odd as all I did was play EQ2 for a couple of hrs yesterday eve. When trying this morning all went belly up.
    Once I changed them back all working properly again.

(However Splitpaw is now down)
  17. ARCHIVED-Triagel Guest

Normal1 wrote:
    Run a tracert to the servers, beleive this is a ISP problem, especially if you with AOL