Mercenary and Mount training

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Alyndrys, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Mercenary and mount training takes a lot of time imo and we should have an option to transfer the training experience to new mercs or mounts ( if DBG wants us to buy new mounts or mercs :) )
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's not going to happen. The time sink is to incentivize you to buy accelerated training. DBG has to get money everywhere it can to keep the doors open, thus we have a LOT of things now that prod us towards the temptation to just spend a little cash and get that training now.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

Merces, Familiars and Mounts are a cash cow for Daybreak...
    Think this will never happen

There are only problems with 3 extra barding slots which can not be bought again
    Kheldar likes this.
  4. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

You 2 may be right :( I just can't imagine people paying so much for merc/ mount training lol, useless if you get a better merc or mount with next expansion.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

I dont buy merc lvls-mount lvls etc, i use research time instead
    If they did offer a research time transfer i might be temptet to buy those from marketplace
    New mercs seems nice and all but whats the point? get new one and all the gear i have is now not useable and i need to wait a year for it to catch upto my old one?
    And the barding unlocks should character wide
    Mermut likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As Cyrrena and I are discovering, most mercs are pretty much the same when you compare them on an apples-to-apples basis. Your mercenary is only as good as the gear in which you equip that merc. You also want to look closely at the spells they have so you know what they can and cannot do. Now, caveat: I haven't seen stats on Marketplace mercs yet, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they're all basically cut-and paste within a class with only minor variations.
    Feara, Gubba Bump, Alyndrys and 2 others like this.
  7. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I agree mercs appear to be similar, only the newest expansion mercs have slightly better stats. Sometimes I just like to get new mercs based on their appearance and we don't have the option to use them as appearance only :(. The newest expansion mounts have slightly better stats too, so I guess if you want the new expansion mount you have to start the training again lol ! I don't pay to research spells and because I don't ever raid it doesn't hurt so much :) ( would be nice to have the option to use our Loyalty tokens for something useful !! )
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How do you know? I removed all my AA, stripped naked, mentored to level 5, then started looking at untrained, unequipped mercs. And y'know what? They don't differ a lot, and newer is not necessarily better. Cyrrena and I are compiling data on as many of the mercs as we can and will publish the results on Wiki when we're done.

Zizzaxa Windbalm
    Fury
    Health: 10,439
    Power: 247
    STR: 63
    AGI: 61
    STA: 45
    INT: 76
    WIS: 64
    ELE Resist: 245
    NOX Resist: 65
    ARC Resist: 65
    MIT: 268
    Avoidance: 345
    Crit: 0.0
    CB: 0.0
    POT: 0.0
    ABMod: 0.0
    Hate Mod: 0.0
    DPS: 0.0
    Haste: 0.0
    Multi-Attack: 0.0
    AEAuto: 0.0
    Flurry: 0.0
    Primary Weapon Dmg: 15-19
    Primary Weapon Delay: 1.0 sec
    SPELLS:
    Mercenary's Resolve
    Corsair's Armor VIII (Master)
    Captain Ingrid's Fury VI (Master)
    Pirates Corruption
    Black Spot VIII (Master)
    Fiery Flogging V (Master)
    Raffik's Storm III (Master)
    Sink Me VIII (Master)
    Shark Bait VI (Master)
    Fair Winds III (Master)
    Raffik's Rum VIII (Master)
    Avast IX (Master)

Raffik
    Fury
    Health: 10,397
    Power: 247
    STR: 53
    AGI: 71
    STA: 40
    INT: 81
    WIS: 64
    ELE Resist: 245
    NOX Resist: 65
    ARC Resist: 65
    Avoidance: 345
    Haste: 0.0
    Primary Weapon Dmg: 13-16
    Primary Weapon Delay: 1.0 sec
    SPELLS:
    Mercenary's Resolve
    Corsair's Armor VIII (Master)
    Captain Ingrid's Fury VI (Master)
    Pirates Corruption
    Black Spot VIII (Master)
    Fiery Flogging V (Master)
    Raffik's Storm III (Master)
    Sink Me VIII (Master)
    Shark Bait VI (Master)
    Fair Winds III (Master)
    Raffik's Rum VIII (Master)
    Avast IX (Master)

Skando Eyespot
    Ranger/Druid
    Health: 10,295
    Power: 228
    STR: 49
    AGI: 63
    STA: 42
    INT: 34
    WIS: 45
    ELE Resist: 193
    NOX Resist: 193
    ARC Resist: 193
    Avoidance: 438
    Haste: 19.8
    Primary Weapon Dmg: 13-16
    Primary Weapon Delay: 0.8 sec
    SPELLS:
    Mercenary's Resolve
    Archer's Fury VI (Master)
    Hunter's Instinct VII (Master)
    Armor of Seasons VII (Master)
    Spirit of the Wolf
    Favor of the Wild VI (Master)
    Trick Shot VI (Master)
    Triple Shot VI (Master)
    Snaring Shot IV (Master)
    Snipe VII (Master)
    Searing Shot VII (Master)
    Immobilizing Lunge VII (Master)

Claz'zakla
    Ranger/Druid
    Health: 10,613
    Power: 248
    STR: 56
    AGI: 70
    STA: 49
    INT: 41
    WIS: 52
    ELE Resist: 193
    NOX Resist: 193
    ARC Resist: 193
    Avoidance: 522
    Haste: 19.8
    Primary Weapon Dmg: 18-21
    Primary Weapon Delay: 0.8 sec
    SPELLS:
    Mercenary's Resolve
    Archer's Fury VI (Master)
    Hunter's Instinct VII (Master)
    Armor of Seasons VII (Master)
    Spirit of the Wolf
    Favor of the Wild VI (Master)
    Trick Shot VI (Master)
    Triple Shot VI (Master)
    Snaring Shot IV (Master)
    Snipe VII (Master)
    Searing Shot VII (Master)
    Immobilizing Lunge VII (Master)
    Drona, Alyndrys and Breanna like this.
  9. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I must say I didn't analyze my mercs in such detail :) My problem is sometimes I like to change my mercs based on their looks !!! ( and I don't play with a merc that I find ugly like Zhugrus lol ) I would like to have an appearance option :)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I totally agree. Most of the mercs are just as ugly as sin! Where are the noble, heroic, attractive mercs? WTB Merc-a-Mroph wands!
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some new insights, hat tip to Chiffon... Some mercenaries get additional spells at higher level, but some mercenaries also LOSE certain spells at higher level. For example, if you have been wondering why Kenny stopped healing you, it's because he appears to have lost his Cure spell by level 110.

Right now, it's looking as if the biggest difference between mercenaries is which specific spells they have, what quality those spells may be (some have Master, some have Grandmaster), and what new spells they gain or lose at higher levels.

This is extremely interesting!
    Cyrrena, morderir, Drona and 2 others like this.
  12. Leed Active Member

You are doing all your testing while naked, but what if mercs scale up your stats by different percentages? Eg, keep your gear on, and see if different mercenaries end up with different stats. Maybe one merc multiplies your potency by 1.1, while another multiplies it by 1.05 for instance.
    Feldon and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm probably going to do a second chart for the same mercs at 110. Although I am pretty confident that the devs wouldn't waste a bunch of time causing merc scaling to do weird things like that.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Observing Active Member

Mercs at level 110 can be summarized into three categories
    1. Those that cast Verdict (Inquisitors)
    2. Those that spam heals (Gardening Goblin)
    3. Everything else

In KA, mercs used to be useful. A well equipped merc could do 10% of my character's DPS and had similar health. Now its like 0.1% of damage and 10% of health. So the tank mercs get slaughtered and the DPS mercs are as effective as your auto-attack.

At level 110, mercs have a 2.5 multiplier to their gear's potency.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was wondering, and I haven't talked to Sig on this yet, if we should do 20 level increments. The first lot I did, was at level 1 and 3 because getting off the boat and into the building to hire them gained to level 3. Then I mentored my main to 5, removed all spells, buffs, armor, etc and started pulling the mercs and found that the ones I had that were the same as the ones I had done on my newbie at 1 and 3 were comparable.

So, anyway, we have them at 5, should we also do them at 25, 50, 75, 100, and 110? Or just do them again at say 50 and 110? Maybe check a few of them at 25 and see what the differences are before deciding to check all of them again? A sampling at 25, 50, 75, and 100 before deciding?
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd say check 'em at 110 and see what, if anything, changed. if there is some clear change, then check 50 or 55. If that reveals changes, then yes, we might want some intermediate sets. But I am all for KISS principle.
    Cyrrena, Katz, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Any ideas for getting the extra barding slots again after a horseupgrade?

I did not recieve a extra barding slot in PQ nor can i finish the Elements of Chaos archievement (still all 4 are white and i do not get any more microqests for weeks)
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since they included the barding slot as a prize in a PQ, I'm guessing that we'll see more opportunities for extra barding slots as we go along.
    Breanna likes this.