Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Worth it or not?
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

If you solo a lot yes!
    Feara and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Needless to say that's all I do is solo! LOL Where can they be found? What is the cost?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Laaw and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Get the paladin, I think his name is Jennis Proudhilt. He'll be at Fish's Alehouse in Qeynos Harbor.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sounds good.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Don't forget you have to buy the ability to actually hire the mercs from the DBG store, if you haven't already done so.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly I did buy the ability to use mercenaries back when Sony still owned EQ2. Is there a way to check and make sure?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Try to hire one - if you can, you did!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

At levels under 80,I suggest sneaking into the east freeport docks , the tavern on the docks at the bar near RumDum, hire inquisitor Stamper Jeralf , and a note; if you want ANY of the healer type merc's to heal and cure set the two control panels to ' do nothing' it will then stand there and cast heals and cures like a good little bot. if you set it to fight , as in 'protect me/ protect yourself/ assist me, it will , and not heal or cure nearly as much. it draws an insane amount of agro which in some settings gets it killed .. quickly
    Sigrdrifa, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

At the moment, Sig and I are working on collecting all the data for the mercenaries, untrained and naked, using a character straight off the boat that has only gained levels from discovery experience which I cannot turn off. We are collecting the health/power/salary, the attributes, defense, offense, auto attack, primary weapon, and the arts/abilities/spells for every mercenary I can get my hands on. I have purchased merc tokens as well, so for the ones that I can get to, we will have data on those. Sig is wonderful and is going to be putting all of this information onto the wiki so people can compare all the mercs.

As of right now, Qeynos, Kelethin, New Halas, and Gorowyn are complete.
    Spindle, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

That is probably the only way to be for sure that I did pay for that part of the game.

Sounds like a sticky proposition sneaking into any part of Freeport. As far as the rest of your recommendations go I'll keep them in mind.

It would probably be very helpful having this type of information available to help others in their decision making when it comes to choosing what particular mercenary to go with.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, sneaking into Freeport is fairly easy. You go to Commonlands docks, then head towards the Freeport main gates. To the right of the gates is a sewer opening (-1252, -84, 120) that leads to the Thieves' Way. Click that. There are clickable grates around the edges of the room you're in: use the one at (-124, 1, 74) to reach East Freeport. Where you pop into East Freeport, turn around and hop over the low wall. The Seafarer's Roost is right in front of you, and the mercenaries are in and around that area.

[IMG]

Cyreena and I are working on it.
    Pijotre, Spindle and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Occam Well-Known Member

What server are you on? If you happen to be on Skyfire, give Mohel or Belcose a tell and I'll CoV you there.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

if you are a dps class I would use a healer, or tank class merc
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I really like the hybrid class healer/something-else mercs. Kenny and the Gardening Goblin have always treated me well. Paladins also are handy because they have some healing and can rez, so they're a tank/healer in one. The Gathering Goblin has a heal, but no cures.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

As long as the mercenary can do his job I'll be happy.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I am curious about the 10 year (or whatever) mercs you can get, a paladin or a SK. How do they compare to Zelbie Whackya or the DE SK from Neriak (I presume she is much worse than them). I don't expect an answer now, but something to keep in mind later as you do research.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, I took a level 100 toon, stripped off all her AA, removed all buffs and gear, dismissed all mounts, familiars, etc. and mentored her down to level 5. Here's what the stats look like from that basic starting point for Lady Liae Croae:

Lady Liae Croae
    Health: 10,060
    Power: 80
    STR: 15
    AGI: 12
    STA: 35
    INT: 10
    WIS: 10
    ELE Resist: 0
    NOX Resist: 0
    ARC Resist: 288
    MIT: 184