Leech Liberator is impossible.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Rainmare, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Even on my destructive conjy, I clear the trash out of the area before I begin.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I don't :) instead I am picking up pollens before I head to the next leech ... and I let merc do all adds that not need to be killed for success of this quest... Basically just follow leech and kill hungry sephodex (sp) - from mine observation for first 4 leeches enough to kill 2 - and keep busy 1 more to succeed, for the last one you need kill 3 hungry and keep busy 4th one
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

How about annoying quest with exploding flowers? I seems to be never able figure out order how to kill wisps :(
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

For that one, I start the quest and pull back onto the rock behind the quest starter with my field of view pulled out wide. There are five flowers that spew wisps, the two near the starter and three across the path...I watch them spew and label them in my head (far ones are 1, 2, and 3; close ones are 4 and 5, left to right, or whatever method works for you), then just remember the order they popped and kill them in that order (picture a big green ogre running around saying "5 2 1 3 4" over and over <grin> ).

tl;dr - Pull back so you can see all five, watch them spew their wisps, then kill the wisps in the order they popped.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I've done this quest 3 different ways:

First way: stand up on the hill behind the starter plant, so you can see all 5. Summon your merc and pull up you tagging window (control shift T). You need to be grouped to use the tags. Click on the plant to start it, then just wait for them to slowly pop. As one orb pops, number it 1. Repeat on the other 4, until you have 12345 floating above each orb. Run/fly down the hill and kill in order, but on #5, just hit it once and pull it back up the hill before you kill it. Once you kill it, you're in position to watch the next 5 orbs spawn. Tag 12345 and kill in order again.

Second way: Involves paper and pen, doing it as the same was as above, only write it down instead of summoning merc and using the tag window.

Third way: The colors spawn in alphabetical order: Blue, Green, Purple, Red, Yellow. Start quest, wait to see the first Blue orb spawn, go kill it, while you're focused on the Blue orb, Green, Purple, Red, and Yellow will pop in order the same way every time.

Just don't AoE and turn single target ON, because those 2 plants that are side-by-side can be an issue (where you kill the other one before the one you should kill first).
    Shmogre and DoomDrake like this.
  6. dngrmse Active Member

I fail on this one with my BL some times. Nothing more aggravating that tabbing and/or clicking furiously trying to find one of the mobs I can actually hit. On my swash, I never fail, since he has so many blue aoe's to play with.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I run off the leaf and onto the long branch. I still get the no-target issue but not as bad.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ruckus, you're my hero on this one. I can finally do Memory B;looms. Now the only one left that I can't complete is Leech Liberator.
    Ruckus likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Oh! here is 1 more trick that might help with liberation of leaches :)
    All hungry octopus counts as a single encounter :) .. thus any green AoE will hit ALL attackers (and won't hit leach)
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

I give up on this quest. I have tried clearing trash before beginning it, but the cepholents respawn too quickly and every time I get to the very last grimleech and have him almost in the water, I become overwhelmed with mobs and end up failing. This is too much time invested in the quest to only fail when I get so close to finishing. Not having fun at all with this quest. If I can't have fun doing it, then it's not worth my time to do it. :/
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I had a lot of trouble with this one myself. First, use Singular Focus to avoid accidentally killing the leech. Aside from the first leech, grab some pollen from a big whatever-those-are plant before you approach the leech. Quickly feed the pollen to the leech, then move a few steps downhill towards the water. Start scanning for the incoming "a hungry cepholex".

If necessary, make a macro that says /target a hungry cepholex -- then if you have any green AOEs (even DOTs if no direct damage ones), use it. That puts you on the hate list for all of them and your mercenary will do better. Then one by one, kill the cepholex. It's only the hungry ones you gotta do. When the cepholexes are dead, fly to the next leech, grabbing pollen before you get to the leech.

If you don't have sufficient DPS, consider getting a pure DPS-type merc to help you. You don't actually have to clear anything, except one or two basilisks that are kinda right on top of two of the leeches. One leech is near a bunch of baby cepholents, as you fly in pick the angle that does not aggro the cepholents and you can ignore them, stay on the far side away from them.