Launchpad not connecting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Poekim, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Poekim New Member

My launchpad cannot connect. I'm on win 7, gold membership that is up to date.

I haven't logged in in a few months, I tried today and launchpad comes up and says that it cannot connect it tells me to check my network connections and try again later. It shows the code (4-404).

Ive turned off all my firewalls including windows.

When I go to the eq2 application the games starts, I can log in then it tells me that the client version does not match the server version, please run the patcher.

Thank you for your help
    Mike
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if your problem is like mine...I can get to the point where it enables me to Update stuff, but when I hit the big green PLAY button on LaunchPad to go into Public Test (it works for the other servers), it gets to the black screen point, then a Microsoft Official Error(TM) rears its ugly head and tells me there was "a problem" and needed to close (and says, "If you want to look at the error data we saved, go to this file!" I try to find it, and there's nothing anywhere by that description. Yay). So for Test, at least I can upgrade, then get out and go through the EQ2 application I have icon'ed on my Desktop. :-/

I've done it that way for months now, probably ever since CoE went live. :-/

Uwk
  3. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

curious - look at the settings on IE, used to be that IE needed to be able to connect to the internet even though it is not your default browser, make sure it works and can connect to a website
  4. TSR-SeanF Member

The issue you are currently experiencing is commonly related to a caching issue with the game's launchpad. In order to possibly resolve this issue, go to your game's folder and find the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

If this does not resolve your issue please reset your Internet options by following these instructions: Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...okay, I'll see what I can do. Thanks! :)

Uwk
  6. Liothen New Member

I went to login today and i am haveing the same issue, i tried the above fix but still dosent seem to be working. even tried a different pc. i played all day monday so i know it worked prior to the patch
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The launchpad was working last night. It isn't today. My husband and I have tried to log-in intermittently for about 2 hours and no luck getting in. I don't believe this is a client-side cache issue. I think it is an SOE Launchpad issue. My husband tried both of the suggestion for a client-side fix and still can't run Launchpad. It spins for a few minutes then turns into a black screen.
  8. Seraj New Member

Same problem here, I was able to play yesterday but not today.

When I open the launch pad, it just freezes and turns into a black screen box.
  9. Doisca New Member

10. Chaostune New Member

Same issue here, it worked fine all night, went to bed 6 hours ago and when I woke up not working...
  11. Orinoko356 Member

Same here. Was fine last night. I logged in this morning and immediately got the box up saying account not authenticating. I entered my Password and managed to get into game. However, when I camped to another character I was kicked from game - with a message saying my account was not authenticated. Since then I can't get the launcher to connect. Same as Lateana - It spins for a few minutes then turns to a black screen. This has been happening for around 3 hours now.
    I tried the above fix from TSR- SeanF and rebooted. It didn't work. Made no difference at all. I tried to bypass the launcher just using the .exe but got the same message - account won't authenticate. Launcher is broken.

Please, please SOE will you fix this?
  12. Doisca New Member

Station is back and launcher .... launch ;)
  13. Buggabug Active Member

Apparently there was a 3 hour maintenance nice of them to let us know :rolleyes:
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh, yeah, really, SOE, you have to let us know these things. If you're going to schedule "routine maintenance" for THREE times a week, Tuesday through Thursday, do let us know. :-/

And for heaven's sake, tell the techs, too, so they don't try to help us fix something that isn't actually broken! At least the EU servers got the truth. :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A big "thank you!!!" for the quest fixes on Wednesday (still should've told us on the LaunchPad link area, rather than presuming everyone had Twitter, or even checks the Forums all the time before jumping in); now to test this! :D

Uwk
  16. arminicus New Member

Im not sure if it is a glitch or not but my launchpad keeps telling me that the patch doesnt match the server's and to rerun patcher.

:mad: lot of f-king help that does me!

wtf is the patcher? do I need to hire a tailor now? is my suit not to company policy?
    Avahlynn likes this.
  17. Zexian Member

Yeah, getting the same issue with my Launchpad. Uninstalled and re-installing as of ... 20 min ago. Not sure if that'll help but the stream version gives the same message. Any ideas?
  18. Arastart New Member

Same-o, same-o. No luck since I logged off at 6:55am. Was gonna go over to Test but is a hellacious long DL for minimal gain.
  19. arminicus New Member

This makes no sense bug, if there was a 3 hour maintenance, that means there is still maintenance ongoing, you should be down for another 19 minutes.

7am PDT 8am MT 9am CT 10am EST
    3 hours maintenance

10am PDT 11am MT 12pm CT 1pm EST
  20. Steampunkhawk New Member

My assumption is one of their patch servers got missed with the new patch so those of us that are "stickied" to that incorrect version are not getting the new patch.