launchpad error

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-mardious, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

i can play game using the eq2client but launchpad is giving errors like Sorry, there was an error initializing LaunchPad.
    Please make sure you are connected to the internet and try again

and in logs i see this

**** Starting at Sat Nov 12 10:34:58 2011 with version 3.0.0.226 ****
    *Error: WebApp: log( "Network Security Error: Error #2048 > TRACK_URL_COMPLETE" )
    *Error: WebApp: log( "Network Security Error: Error #2048 > TRACK_URL_COMPLETE" )
    *Error: WebApp: log( "Network Error: Error #2032 > LOGIN_POST" )
    i did the whole internet options security trick and doesnt help any suggestions?
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

These are general network security errors that can be caused by firewall/antivirus software or blocked ports.
    I do recommend disabling any security software first but if that doesn't work you may need to configure your router further. You can get all the information you need to configure it from our Knowledge Base article below but will need to consult the manual in order to make the changes.
    [EQII] Ports, Router and Firewall Information
  3. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

thats all good but i have no firewall or anything running and no settings have been changed since the launchpad worked last night
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Jedediah@Permafrost wrote:
    I would go over them anyways and all supported Windows OS's have a built in firewall, Windows Firewall.
  5. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

just checked router and windows firewall is disabled the launchpad worked once but said unable to fetch news at bottom so i closed it then ran it again and got the check connection error
    ok after 5 tries it connected but i clicked play and it stuc on starting game then i got this error
    Unable to contact the game session server to start playing EverQuest II. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and try again.

Error Code: 101
  6. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Which patcher are you using? There should be an Info or Options button that will show you the version information.
  7. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

version application 461 shell 3.0.0.226
  8. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

I don't think this has anything to do with anyone's firewall. This is an SOE network problem. My wife and I suddenly bergan having connection problems to any SOE assets. I'm getting the same error trying to log in to any game on any of my systems. I am seeing repeated network timeouts and resets trying to connect to SOE web assets. I am not having *any* trouble connecting to assets anywhere else on the net.
    Nothing has changed in my network settings. You have a network incident going on somewhere.
    -= Therendil =-
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

No network issues at the moment and a fully populated game world with raids and instances going on like normal.
    I would be more than happy to help you troubleshoot but if we just say its an SOE network issue then the troubleshooting process stops and nothing happens.
    A network issue within our network would affect every single player.
  10. ARCHIVED-SeventhWave Guest

What Therendil said. I have tried two PCs and a laptop, and two completely different ISP connections (one DSL and one cable, with different firewalls) and in every scenario, every one of your websites that deals with authentication of some kind is experiencing issues. auth.station.sony.com, forums.station.sony.com, etc. It's intermittent when they DO work.
    When I can get logged into the game (after an hour or so of trying sometimes), I can log in on toons that are in Village of Shin and Isle of Zek, but can't zone into Nektulos Forest, Kunzar Jungle, my Longshadow Inn room, Enchanted Lands, probably more. It isn't random, it's always the same zones won't load.
    Often at the character select screen when I try, I get "Server did not respond in a timely manner and may be backlogged. Please try again in a few minutes."
    Are you still going to say it's something wrong with my system(s) or ISP(s) when I'm actually in the game and certain zones don't let me in?
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

This is a troubleshooting support forum. If you do not wish to troubleshoot the issue and simply call it an SOE network problem then there is nothing I can do.
    I've reported it but there is no network issues occurring and, once again, a fully populated and moving game world like every weekend.
    So it's up to you. We troubleshoot or we don't. Let me know.
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

For the OP. You are not touching our servers so no logging is occurring on our end. Your data isn't even reaching our server so we gotta pinpoint why. We have a network test for this and even if the issue were to be on the SOE side this test would be able to help identify that as well.

I need you to bring up a run dialog box. You can do this by pressing and holding the Windows key on your keyboard and tapping the R key.
    In the box that pops up I need you to type cmd and press Enter (If you're using Windows Vista/7 press ctrl-shift-enter).
    This is going to bring up an old “DOS box” don’t worry it’s just text.
    You’ll need to type in the following commands one at a time. Remember to put spaces between all the words, unless there’s a special character like / or . in front of the word. Then you’ll want to keep that symbol and the word together.
    If you’re having a lot of trouble you can also just copy and paste the text out of this email and into the DOS box.
    These commands can take a while to run so please wait for the blinking cursor to appear since you won’t see any output to your screen. For the pathping commands you might even want to go grab some coffee, or a sandwich between lines.

So, all set? Here’s the commands:

ipconfig /all > c:\eq2info.txt

tracert "your server".everquest2.com >> c:\eq2info.txt
    (for example: unrest.everquest2.com, antoniabayle.everquest2.com or
    freeport.everquest2.com)

pathping "your server".everquest2.com >> c:\eq2info.txt
    (for example: unrest.everquest2.com, antoniabayle.everquest2.com or
    freeport.everquest2.com)

If you’re curious what you’re saving for us, try the commands again but without the >’s or the stuff after them. Go ahead, I’ll wait… Pretty confusing huh? Don’t worry I speak gibberish fluently and can translate it for you.

Ok now that you’re done with that, you’ll have a file on your hard drive called “eq2info.txt”. If you go into your hard drive you’ll find it right in the main folder. To get there, just do that Windows key and R trick from earlier, and type C: and press enter. The file will be in there. Just send that file into me, I’ll translate it and figure out what happened to your connection, then I’ll let you know. No worries it’ll be pretty painless, but we might need you to contact another company if it’s not something on your computer that’s doing this.
  13. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

I'll admit that this could be a routing problem outside SOE that is hurting people in different places. If network ops is not reporting any problems, then I'll try the net diagnostics and see what I find. In general, I am not having problems reaching anybody but SOE. There isone exception - PerBlue's Parallel Kingdom sites. These are throwing server resets and timeouts as well. They are in Madison, WI, which I know from past experience to be a choke point on my trip from Central NY to the west coast.
    I'll try the diagnostics and see what I turn up.
    -= Therendil =-
  14. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

Okay. I have figured out that Josh is correct and there is no issue with SOE's network. I stand corrected there. The results of the network diagnostics showed pretty clearly that I was getting to one of Level3's backbone routers in Chicago and dying there. Anyone anywhere whose ISP routed through that node probably had issues.
    The problem also seems to be resolved. The first tracert failed when it hit Chicago but the next try succeeded. The pathping also worked. I checked and I can now log in to my games with no problem.
    Remind me to try the net diagnostics next time before jumping to conclusions.....
    -= Therendil =-
  15. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Anyone else still experiencing issues not being able to log in?
  16. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

had to go out but problem seems to be resolved and launcher is working now no errors
  17. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Very glad to hear. See you folks in game!