Hua Mein portal items for house

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cloudrat, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

shots01 wrote:
    It's from the faction merchant in the caves, this book: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/EQ2_Item:Ca...of_the_Hua_Mein
  2. ARCHIVED-Resstful Guest

The Hua Mein portals only work if the visitor is a trustee. I tested with a couple of accounts this weekend.
    The DoV portal paintings all have the option to 'look into the painting' (sic) and the other options with visitor, friend, and trustee.
    Hua Mein portals have only the 'look into the painting' (sic) option for trustee. They can't be moved, picked up or placed in moving crate by trustee.
    I 'think' they are also missing a LORE tag. Pretty sure they just say Mastercrafted.
    Oh, and it's 3 painting portals and a nifty globe portal to sundered frontier. They come in much handier than our guildies realized...at least for the few trustees )
  3. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

After reading this again this morning during maintenance, when the game came back up, I took my carp and bought the book so I can now make the items.
    My question is, if you have a guild hall with the travel items in it, druid ring, wizzie spire, etc. WHY would yuo need these portals in the home?
    I think part of my....issue is I do not have portals in my homes to anywhere except DOV. My /claim paintings.
    Someone visited my house, a friend, and asked where my housing portals were...what housing portals? I dont have tons of homes. I have one each.
    I was confused. I also don't know where you get these portals at.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kuroitsuki Guest

They are useful for crafting quests,
    • Steamfont - Tinkering / group mission
    • Rivervale - Alchy Dust quests / PotP updates Earring
    • Jarsath Wastes - Not sure on this one? Possibly this is the odd one out and is just for peeps too lazy to get the hammer
    • Moonfield Hamlet - SF crafting questline
  5. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Lexicon@Splitpaw wrote:
    The JW painting drops you near an NPC for the level 75 crafter quest (High Risks, Higher Profits) that took place around that area. Before gryphons, sokokar post changes and the new druid ring, the only way in was through northern KP, which wasn't kind to crafters.
  6. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    Oohhh I rememer that. Well then I guess I can make some for hubby to use. I don't get many visitors. At least I don't think I do LOL. None of my homes are..........umm posted?
  7. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

I'm grateful for the good information on this. Sure enough, I did the same thing, bought the books, and am now sporting a few new useful decorations in my home. As I totally missed these, I was wondering if you guys could give me a quick run-down of any other home portal items in game?
    I know about the /claim velious paintings.
    I now know about the Hua Mein paintings and globe.
    I know about the Sinking Sands globe.
    I know about the EW shell portal.
    I know about the Shimmering Citadel carpet.
    I know about the GFay flower.
    What else am I missing for the portal items?
  8. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

There's a portal to Palace of Ferzhul from defeating the boss in there.
    I think there's one for Tower of Frozen Shadow
  9. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

Giallolas wrote:
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/House_ite..._that_transport

there are still
    2 achievement rewards, naiad plushie and palace of fehr'zul
    2 quest rewards, froglok pond and tofs mirror
    plus magic door to guild hall (you probably already thought of that one) and prestige portals. prestige portals open 2 way door between where placed and the prestige it comes from, can be placed in houses or guild halls.
    and a claimed item, an unusual bottle. it teleports you into djinn themed safe zone. clicking on door to exit functions like call to home. effectively making this house item a substitute if your call of city is down.

imo the biggest advance in player travel is the pretige housing. you can put them in any house, in any guild hall. it allows cross faction players easy access to evil/good zones. and those placed in guild halls give non-guilded alts 1 click travel from house to that specific guild hall. really a must for crafting alts gathered in 1 house for ts apprentices cuz you gotta drop those accumulated progress pots in bank some time. putting prestige portal in a guild hall with a "portal to player housing" means 2 click access to any house you have friend or trustee access to on that toon. (as well as any other travel amenities your alt guild has--- must have items: rally flag, wiz spires)

my prestige network goes to 3 main good cities (qeynos, kelethin, frostfang sea) 3 evil cities (freeport, neriak, gorowyn), maj'dul, and thurgadin. thats why i ask for new prestige portals to be out in the world, to expand my network. more sfp and s qeynos portals do nothing for my network.

hopefully gu63 has new housing in centralized location. DoV was excellent for transportation. the world event even gave fast reuse inventory items to Great Divide druid ring and EW wiz spire. next best item: tink portal to moors, plops you down right between a spire and druid ring, with world bell nearby.

let me know if i missed any. would love to add more destinations.
  10. ARCHIVED-Seleine Guest

This is the first I have hard of different portals in game. Where can I find the following (I have the others):
    Sinking Sands globe; EW shell portal; Shimmering Citadel carpet; GFay flower.
    Is there a list of portals I can look up?
  11. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

There's a link in the previous post.
  12. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

The froglock one can be placed in your house but can't be used to port you. The others from the link to wikia can transport you.