Hammy in High Keep bugged?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Aloft, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Aloft Member

As far as I am concerned this fight has always sucked because Hammy never stays trapped for me. Break a box with a "trap"and the only thing that happens is that Hammy starts to take damage. I can not range Hammy and I always get infected.

If I want Hammy to stay on a trap I have to go toe-to-toe and it becomes an endurance match which Hammy wins at least 50% of the time.

Now, right after the emergency patch earlier on today Hammy will not break open any crates and so far Hammy is winning 100% of the fights.

Anyone else with this issue or is it only me?

P.S. The Hammy fight sucks boulders through a straw because I can not range. Irritating and annoying. YMMV
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Hammy needs to be hit by two Traps to reduce his Damage Reduction to zero percent. After only one Trap he still is reducing all damage by 50 percent. Bring Noxious Potions or a Mercenary to cure the Infection/Heal Through it. The Solo-Quests "Golden Icon of the Scale Temple" provides a decent Heal. Also be sure your pushing your survivability if your a squishy class, mages can stop their own deaths in the right spec every 2 minutes.

Also, Hammy does not break the crates, you do. Once he is near them a crate will be targetable and will not break until you do so.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Twyxx Well-Known Member

i ran it since the patch and had no problems.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Hammy doesn't have to stay on the trap for it to effect him. As soon as he steps on it he'll pause for a few seconds and his damage reduction will be reduced, and thats it. Keeping him there does nothing to help you, so either go looking for a second trap to completely remove his damage reduction, or kite him around in a circle if you really want to stay ranged.
  5. Pauly Well-Known Member

kill him repeatedly with a wiz, ranger and sk.. get him into first trap and kill him until he's dead.
    thought that was easy enough.. sounds like I need to get him into a 2nd trap to make him faceroll easy.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Doesn't make it any easier, just makes it take less time.
  7. Brenvia New Member

Untrue. I have never destroyed or broken the crates myself, though you can do it. I simply run Hammy over them and he breaks them.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

My statement is not untrue, however if what you say is; then my statement is partially inaccurate. I have always destroyed them myself.
  9. Aloft Member

Ok thanks to Estred and all who responded. I just went back in and Hammy was toast in no time at all.

Some points:

1). I had no idea that I could break the crates. I was under the impression that only Hammy could do that.

2). Breaking two crates with traps in them massively reduces the duration of the fight.

3). I am going to experiment with Noxious remedy and reprieve potions from now on.

Once again ... thanks a lot.
    Shmogre and Malleria like this.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

You are quite welcome, I am very glad that we on the Forums were able to help you through this encounter.
  11. Aloft Member

Oh ... something I forgot to add. I have a Merc... Keyrin who to the best of my recollection has never cured the Hammy infection not even once.

But then she refuses to heal herself or me too quite often. I can not begin to count the number of time both of us have died, and her with a full energy bar because she refuses to heal when really needed.

For some reason I no longer try very hard to keep her alive in fights any more.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

For some reason SOE decided the warden mercs shouldn't cure anything... ever. That plus the generally poor state of merc healing makes them not a great choice. If you have access to it the CoE collectors edition templar merc Krivok is a beast curer/healer, but if not the inquis merc Stamper is almost as good (and gives you neat things like verdict).
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed the warden mercs are a blight on the reputation of all wardens everywhere! :p
  14. Aloft Member

Well, as of one minute ago she is also toast and I just got Stamper as a replacement (I did not get the COE collection edition).
    Malleria likes this.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Hammy abilities can be interupted :

One is group aoe/dot
    One is strong damage hit (pig stampede or a name like that)
    One is single target infection that may spread.

Pig stampede is only one that is dangerous (in heroic) and i can be interrupted. In As none is a problem for me
    since pig stampede is not going to kill me and i can cure the others.

In heroic it's a good idea to interupt the pig kick.

You see his buf : 99 at the start, drop to 50 after one trap ...

Note that the number of boxes you need to break had been decreased by a lot, i remember getting 3 little pigs and 3 pillows before having a trap. Now you get the trap on first or second box.
  16. Brenvia New Member

Technically, I'm pretty sure theres no debate over it being untrue, when you say Hammy cannot break the boxes, when I say it can be, especially after I've just ran the zone. Pretty cut and dry to me. Really unclear how it can be anything else, but more power to you.
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

While I've never personally targeted a box, it's quite possible an aoe auto attack has opened the box for me without having to target it, thus giving the illusion that Hammy opened the box.

And I don't really care enough to test which it is :)
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

I've ran it multiple times and had to break them myself. Were purely speaking from our own experiences. We may both be correct but I am fairly sure that this is not the place to have an argument over something like this. I am in agreement with Malleria that this whole subject is so minor it's of no concern.
  19. Brenvia New Member

Its not really, but I do find it highly amusing to prove you wrong. One of the very few times, beyond Kalika's posts I've really felt a need to point out idiocy. Instead of being complicated, you simply could have acknowledged you were wrong and moved on, no? Perhaps next time, you might listen to people who have actually done the zones lol. Would have been easier to admit you were mistaken, instead, right?
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

It would be, were it not for the fact that I too have done the zones. I have the achievements for Grankus if you care to fact-check. I have had a different personal experience than you and thereby cannot affirm or deny your statement. Whereas you appear to be trying to blanket statement my experience as false rather than just admitting that two players may have different results if indeed both situations are true. Trust me when I say that I am amused as much as you say you seem to be with this whole situation, as circular as it is turning out to be.

In, fact I am going to run High Keep (Advanced Solo) at this very moment and I will tell you if Hammy breaks my crates for me. I will also tell you if I am able to target the crate and break it myself. If both situations are true than my original statement was:
    - Slightly miss led because I stated that one had to target the crate to break it. Meaning Hammy could not.
    - Incomplete, because I lacked the information that Hammy could indeed break the crates himself.

In neither case would my statement be completely untrue.