Full EQ2 download vs EQ2 streaming client

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-dmshortrod, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-dmshortrod Guest

Last night I was having PC problems and mostly when I played eq2, my comp would start freezing/locking up, witch been going on for the past 2 months, so I decited to just reformat my HD and start everthing from scratch. After afew hours of formating and downloading drivers and updates, now I get to reinstall EQ2 "streaming client" ekkkk! Is their a place I can go to download the Full EQ2 game then log in and play instead of this streaming client? My problem is even that with the streaming client I get to get into game faster, Im still stuck downloaading one zone at a time witch takes me 15-20-25 mins to download the zone, and its getting old sitting at my comp waiting to zone in. If I try to group everyone is already halfway through the zone or I get kicked out for not zoning fast enough. I just came back to EQ2 afew months ago from a 3 year leave and would like some help finding another way arond the streaming client.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Do you have any disks from the game? Install the game from your disks. Then instead of installin the Launcher just click on the EQ2.EXE and it will go out and download the entire game. I never use the laundher. I always use the EQ2.EXE to start my game and it will download all pathches and expansions in toto.
  4. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

If you let the Streaming client run, it will install the whole game for you. That is the beauty of the streaming client, you can choose which way to download it :)
    Moving this to Tech Support though in case you need more assistance.
  5. ARCHIVED-dmshortrod Guest

Maroger wrote:
    nope, I don't have any disk anymore, the only disk Ive ever had b4 were the 1st ones that came when EQ2 1st released.
  6. ARCHIVED-dmshortrod Guest

Shareana wrote:
    let the Streaming client run... as in b4 I click on the play game button? Or After I log into game sitting afk on the char select screen?
  7. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Badthas@Nagafen wrote:
    Before you hit Play... If you let it run, it will install all that you need. If you wish to get into the game faster, then it will install what you need when you need it (as in when zoning). A good thing to do is to let it run over night if you want to install it all in one sitting :)
  8. ARCHIVED-dmshortrod Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

In theory the streaming client would work well like this.
    However, 6 times I left the client downloading overnight. Next day it had basically downloaded a little more after leaving it, then had just stopped.
    I tried playing and loading each zone, but this caused even more issues. For example I tried entering Munzoks Material Bastion with a few friends. You might know the first encounter, where you spawn a version of yourself that you have to kill. Well, I had not even zoned and weas still loading zone assets but seems a version of me spawned that I could not kill and failed the raid. I could see the combat logs and the named had run to where I was and was beating on me, even though I was still loading the zone. ACT shows that I took 24 million damage before the zone loaded, where I obviously proceeded to die.
    I went back to trying to make a full download. It took multiple launches, closing, relaunching over a few days to get the full download.
    Now I experience multiple client crashes, game freezes, random closedowns etc. Previously I had very few issues with the eq2 client.
    At this time I cant even get into the game. Frustrating? yes.