fatal error NEED Help

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-collins, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-collins Guest

ok I get this error if I play the game on any graphics settings other then the lowest. i'm running a laptop with duel 1.66 mhz a nvida GeForce go 7600 with 2 gigs of ram all driver are up to date and i only get the error if i start moving in the game

everquest 2 detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown
    < verify > E:/live/eq2/framework/core/devices/src/directx9RenderDevice.cpp (2501): Directx error. (d3derr_notavailable
    0096ad9a 0096e7f3
    and E: is my back up hard drive
  2. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

collins wrote:
    probalby a video driver issue. try loading the lastest one available for your laptop
    the message is informational, it is not looking for anything on your drive e, it is simplyin giveing a path and line number to the developer pointing at where the error occurred in the compiled code referencing back to the source code
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Kndric1p Guest

Getting same message...
    E:\live\.../DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (1246) DirectX Error (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) 0097caa7
    I don't know if the numbers make a difference or not. I played once and it worked fine, loged out and installed EQ2MAP and ProfitUI Reborn. I came back from work and tried to play again, got on for about 10 min, and was trying to move my UI windows around and the screen cut out, came back one, cut out, came on then cut out and the program stopped responding. Now i get that error message everytime i try to log on. I have donloaded the newest DirectX and the newest driver for my video card, tried everything i could find to try and fix this........ HELP!?!?!?!!
    i have a RADEON x300 series video card
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Kndric1p wrote:
    What video card are you using, specifically? Have you tried reinstalling graphics card drivers and directx9.0c as suggested earlier in the thread?
    Without knowing more about your computer, uninstalling ProfitUI and EQ2map seems like a good first step since the problem started after they were installed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kndric1p Guest

TSR-DanielH wrote:
    I have a RADEON x300 series video card... I edited my post but you had already responded :eek:)
    I have tried uninstalling the two programs, it made no difference, and yes I have both the latest driver for the card and the latest DirectX (followed the link provided.) Do you know of anything else I could try?
    Kndric1p
    edit: apparently having windows look for the latest driver doesn't really work... if anyone else is having this problem go to http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bi...p?p_faqid=16089 and find the supported driver
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Kndric1p wrote:
    Did the driver on the support page correct the issue for you? I'm not sure based on the wording of your post.