Familiars not Heirloom?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Uxtalzon, May 10, 2017.

1. Uxtalzon Active Member

So I was lucky and got a familiar, unpack it, but it's No-Trade only. It asks for confirmation to add/absorb it or whatever. But if I get the same one twice, I can't do anything with it or move it to an alt.
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

You can sell duplicates for status. The legendary ones sell for 1.5 mil status to the guild vendor, common are 500k status.
  3. Uxtalzon Active Member

I didn't see the "sell for status" text, but okay. Kinda sucks though, can't give a duplicate to an alt, but whatever.

Looks like I need to find out what to spend huge amounts of status on then.
  4. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

The fabled and better ones have a proc on them that appears to be working strangely - anyone else notice the damage is way, way low? The amount shown in my maintained window is in the hundred thousands for the damage proc but what actually hits the mob is 3k a proc - and I'm a brig so everything is very debuffed. :cool:

If this is intended it's not a big deal, I see my Squiggles as a free base CB boost and other stat boost so any proc is just gravy, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. :)
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

They seem to be following the same template as the mercenary crates: can sell them before they are unpacked; after unpacking, they are no-trade but can be sold for status (heads up, status bonuses don't apply to items).
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Terrible idea, but would expect nothing less from a cash grab.
  7. Uxtalzon Active Member

Can trade, buy, and sell individual mercenaries, but not with familiars. Not only that, can't even transfer them to an alt. That's what had me confused.

Unless we have the ability to spend a gross amount of status points to upgrade familiars or something, recycling them into status is Daybreak's way of saying "insert coin, try again".
  8. Khama New Member

Where do you get those Cages? I finished entire Timeline in OF plus 2x quests, not a single one.
  9. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I had one drop from a Kylong Plains PQ yesterday.
  10. Uxtalzon Active Member

Just my luck. Got my 2nd familiar cage, and it's a duplicate of my first.

I can't sell it for status. I don't know what to do with it.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

You buy them from the marketplace or you do PQs and KA missions, while providing sufficient sacrifices to the gods of RNG.

You can get a quest for a low-end familiar (not a crate) for completing a single Proving Grounds match as well.
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Have you tried the status vendor in a guild hall? I was able to sell my duplicates that way (at least a purchased one, haven't gotten a duplicate "in the wild" yet).

(Really hoping it's not a "you can only sell purchased ones" thing.)
  13. Uxtalzon Active Member

Tried just that. It's a Highland Griffin. From the wild. :p

I now see it on the vendor. 66 gold and change, no status. Sadface. T_T
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Well, bah, that sucks. To test if it was found vs. purchased, I just sacrificed some Daybreak Cash and got a duplicate...and it is sellable for status:
    [IMG]

I really, really, REALLY don't want the purchased ones to be the only ones you can sell for status. Hoping it's a bug. :(
    Livejazz, Uxtalzon and Prissetta like this.
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

I add to the hope that they make these heirloom. The first one I won at a PQ was the same common that I already got off a body drop.
    Uxtalzon and Juraiya like this.
  16. Uxtalzon Active Member

Just saw people in general complain about getting the same familiar, the highland griffin. One player got it four times in a row.

I'm holding onto my duplicate for a while in the hopes that it can be sold for status or chopped up into decent food or something. So far it just seems to be suffering from being too new.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

I've now gotten the leafhopper three times in a row from the OF PQ. What a waste.
  18. Kristabella Well-Known Member

While I know when you open these type of crates, what you get is random, as it should be, but once the familiar is out and the game can check to see if it is a duplicate, it should be able to make any duplicates Heirloom. In reality once all your toons get it, then there is still nothing left to do with it but sell it.
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you need access to a guild hall vendor to try that Ux, I will friend you to mine and you can use my vendor.

Cyrrena
  20. Uxtalzon Active Member

Still won't work. The item description lacks the info saying it can be sold for status.

Sezaid, Cobalt Construct, Hordemother Vespid, Azure Sky Vespid, Aurulent Swarm, Obol Skirth, Highland Griffin, Dark Shadow Drake, Dark Root Tender, and Thalumbra Leafhopper can't be sold for status. That's 9 out of 20.