Error Code: 1003 for EQII

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Darln, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Darln Guest

I keep getting the following error message when trying to "play" the game.

An error occured trying to access EverQuest II. Error Code: 1003.

This is using the launcherpad only. I can download all the updates and click on play which brings up the Eula for me to accept, then when I click on that .. I get an immediate error window and the play button states Unable to Play (Unable to get game information). The last time I logged in successfully to play using the launch pad was on Thursday Nov 10th.

I did manage to log in today, but only because I went to my sony folder and ran the Everquest2.exe file direct.
    The information in the downloaderror.txt file is as follows:
    Sat Nov 12 14:13:12 2011: UnableToLaunch - EverQuest2.exe - 740: The requested operation requires elevation.
    The information in the downloadinfo.txt file is as follows:
    **** Starting at Sat Nov 12 14:12:34 2011 with plug-in 1.0.3.153 ****
    05a4-00:00:00:Checking game installation...
    05a4-00:00:01:All files are up to date
    05a4-00:00:37:*Error: UnableToLaunch - EverQuest2.exe - 740: The requested operation requires elevation.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Based on the error, right-click the game icon and select Properties. Click the compatibility tab and check the option to Run as an Administrator. Apply/OK and restart the LaunchPad :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Darln Guest

Thank you. That did the trick, but for the life of me I don't understand why all of a sudden that changed as I am the only one on this computer and in this home and I run everything as administrator. Must have some dust bunnies somewhere.
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Darln wrote:
    When the entire Everquest2.exe file is replaced (rarely occurs but it does happen), previously set exceptions or run as admin permissions can be reset. Can't tell you for certain that this is what happened in your case but it's not that uncommon of an occurrence in and of itself.