Error 1002

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Risada, May 31, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

One try i got
    An error occured communicating with the system. Error: 1002 id: IDS_BADFILESIGNATURE param: EverQuest2.exe - http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/p...l=5009550&cb=JD Error Code: 1002
    now i got
    An error occured communicating with the system. Error: 1015 id: IDS_DIGESTLOADFAILED param: Network error during NPAPI download: http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/p...1/eq2-eu-en.soe (0 of 0 bytes, 0 seconds) - Retry failed: SocketError:Reset By Peer (10054) - http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/p...1/eq2-eu-en.soe Error Code: 1015
    and the first one again...
  3. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

I merged your 2 topics together. Please keep to one post if it is the same issue. Support is limited today as it is a US holiday.
    I did find this through the search function.... perhaps your file was corrupted somehow? You can also try cycling your modem....
    Are you using the Streaming client? There has been some issues with this error using it :( See here
  4. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

Sorry, thought i was on wrong support so i did it some new one. I try the stuff.. but streaming clent? All downloaded what i think.. or hope!
  5. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

Iv'e checked and seems my Everquest2.exe also is missing, pretty strange as it took me ages to find it as it is under Hidden files.
    Only thing I have done since I played last time is to download a new wndows update for Windows7 (64bits)
    Well Do I have to reinstall the whole game to get me the everquest2.exe file now?

Unhappy!
  6. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

I am not sure to be honest what happened. There is always a chance that the game file could be corrupted. I am hoping that there is enough info that the TSR's can help you out now!
  7. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

Reisntalled before - but was to a US, that worked - but wanted all my chars so reinstalled to EU and still the problem but much shorter answer.
    >An error occured communicating with the system. 1002 Error Code: 1002<

Thank you for any help!
  8. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

Today I am just coming to a LPX screen that is unable to connect.
  9. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

Anyone work on this forum? Only have 4 days of playtime left, wont buy more if I cant play the game.
  10. ARCHIVED-theBlackDragon Guest

I'm getting the same error now, since a few days it kept resetting to US English servers instead of EU English (I never play on the US server so I never touched this setting after initial install) and now it claims it needs to downlaod a patch, gets to 79% complete, resets and starts over again and after a try or 3 it spews the 1002 error...
    This launcher messing up every 2 weeks thing is really getting old to be honest...
  11. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Risada, you may want to try to PM TSR-JamisonW... He may have missed your post
  12. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

If I knew he answered all other post than mine, then I would probably have pm'ed him. But there is nothing happening here at all. Must be the lasiest forum Iv'e been to sadly.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

theBlackDragon wrote:
    Exact same problem here since patch 01-Jun-2010 forcing me to US servers, and now since today I get error 1002. I can connect to the US server but am unable to patch the EU version.
  14. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Risada wrote:
    He actually answers a lot of problems... He just may miss a few is all, which is why I suggested that you PM him.
  15. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

I am updating my post several times, how hard is it to not see the top post's and not know that they arent answered? I have emailed the support about this but still feel it is "bad" to not be answered after several days. And several people with the same problem arent being answered, thats the post i was talking about actually.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

Additional info:
    I am using the Streaming launcher.
    I did power-cycle my router & modem twice, to no avail.
    I downloaded & installed the launcher.exe again, nothing helped.
    I can only log on to the US server. I cannot patch any other server (EU English, EU French) as it patches up to ~88% three times and then I get error code 1002 with "Unable to Play" message.
    I am using Windows 7 and am executing the launcher as Admin.
    I am now trying with the Station Launcher which is currently downloading 9.7 GB of game files again (although I did point it to the folder where my game is installed).
  17. ARCHIVED-theBlackDragon Guest

Problem seems to have gone away now, though the launcher still defaults to US English and I can't make it change it's mind, maybe that'll be fixed during today's maintenance, we'll see :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

I tried again and now it seems to be working indeed! (me very happy!!) however same as theBlackDragon I am still forced by default to the US servers. But still good since last time that problem occured I had to reinstall the entire game.
    I never encountered any issues with the original launcher, only with the new one.
  19. ARCHIVED-Risada Guest

I am still out - Reinstalling all over again but shouldnt have to. But what to do while waiting for a answer. I am as it seem not allowed to send private messages on this forum. So probably wont get any answers.
    Checked the Jamison guy up and he havent done anything on connection forum since 2009. Only account and billing forum.
  20. ARCHIVED-Twitty98 Guest

get to the launcher screen says Play ... i press play and .

message box pops up

error
    there was a problem accessing your account information
    please try again in a few minutes...

-------------------------------------
    been trying all day no luck... just wanted someone to know
    going to call customer service if i can get through