EQ2 patcher and station launcher not working

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Internet20, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Internet20 Guest

I am trying to reinsall the game after deleting it due to similar issues with getting the patcher to work, but now the problem is even worse. When I run the game through the EverQuest II icon, the patcher does the Connecting... thing for a few minutes, and then when it gets to the part when you can click the green box, it just crashes.
    So then I try the Station Launcher, and when I run that it pops up with this error: "ERROR within CheckUpdateNeeded"
    So basically I am completely incapable of running EQ2. Please help.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista on that machine, then please follow these steps to ensure compatibility with the game:

1. Right click on the program launch icon
    2. Left click on "Properties".
    3. In the new window that pops up click on the "Compatibility" tab.
    4. Under "Privilege Level" make certain that the box next to "Run this program as administrator" is checked.
    5. Click on "Apply" then click on "Ok".
    6. Right click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator"
    You might want to try working around the issue with the streaming launcher as a temporary workaround. You can download that here:
    http://launcher.station.sony.com/ga...ncher_setup.exe
  3. ARCHIVED-Internet20 Guest

Nope, I'm running XP. I've had the patcher work previously, but never the launcher.
  4. ARCHIVED-Korwyn Guest

TSR-DanielH wrote:
    This is an SOE issue...please let us know when it will be fixed...bad timing thats for sure...
  5. ARCHIVED-ScubaEtte Guest

When can we expect an update on when station launcher and login servers are going to be back up? got things to do before tuesday.
  6. ARCHIVED-Shadak Overfiend Guest

right click and run as admin fixed it for me
  7. ARCHIVED-Anadorn Guest

I am now having this issue as of today with whatever update was released this morning. I was on until about 2 am cst. with no issues, tried logging in from station launcher and eq2.exe and get the same message.

Running XP as well
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

The Station Launcher issues should be resolved now but I do recommend you make the transition to our LaunchPad for Everquest II.
    [EQII] LaunchPad