Epic walkthrough---SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-thecynic315, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Step 0 ---Prereqs. Must be level 80, will need access to Poets Palace, Red Gate access in Chardok, and be able to speak Djinn and Di'Zok, also you will need 5p and 140 in the gathering skill.

Alpha
    Obtaining Quest starter
    Head to Chardok or Sebilis and kill the following for a chance at the drop:

Sebilis:

Heirophant Prime Kulgarn ( 78^^^) who spawns in 3 locations around the foyer area EQ2MAPS shows 1 possible spawn point.

the Sathirian Patrons in the Marketplace.

the Sathirian Researchers in the Library/Labratory.

Chardok:

in the library area of Chardok, drops from Di'Zok heirophants.

The quest starter is in a Chest.

1st Quest The Everlasting Quill of Ashe Boderra

Step 1 Head to EL Dock and talk to Ashe

Step 2 Head to TS talk to Slezaf in building next to mendor at Dock, you need to pay him 5p for the Lute.

Step 3 find someone to Fix lute, Talk to Freesia Ticklewing who can be found at 160, 108, 170 in Kelethin

2nd Quest The Flute of a Thousand Colors
    Step 4 search along a cost for a mystic reed and play the flute. Play flute in TD at 1723, 4, 648. Play Flute again.

step 5 next play flute in JW near -378, -58, -357 Named 80^^, Zax the Wailer, will pop kill him for new bone. Bone is chest drop 1 bone per kill. Play Flute again.
    Named can be kited and soloed just clear area first to avoid adds.

Step 6 crystal is in JW Drachnid caves @ -2254, 237, 941. Crystal is groud spawn 5-10 min repop. Play Flute again.

step 7
    drovlag is armsmaster or his PH in KC, uncommon auto update, can update for the group. About 10 min repop, if named is up you mucst clear whole area before attacking. Named will call for help during fight.
    Play Flute again.

Step 8
    Visit Smendrik is in the city of Gorowyn in TD--In the City take lift up 1 floor.

3rd Quest Sing a Song of Sorrow

Step 9 The Djinn ----top(4th) floor of Poets, side bedroom , when asked Why you want it reply "to help others"

Step 10 The Powerful Satyr - New Tunaria, -997.74, 53.88, -1173.76; turn left at tree and go up the hill and around the back past workshop to the Satyr Camp. Satyr is a double up yellow that pops after you hail him.
    Named can be kited and soloed. DO NOT ATTACK him while he is close to the grey Satys they will social ADD.

Step 10 The Writhing Eye Stalk Abyss Lurkers in Chelisth

Step 11 The Black Coral harvest in Chelsith--- as soon as ya zone in invis and head left into the water, coral is a harvest in water can get 3 hits from 1 node.

Step 12 Drake Eggs Kill any drakes in Skyfire

Step 13 Devourers in Maidens or Vaults, only the Bottomless Devoures count for update and can have a random number of each in either zone.

Step 14 Throw pies at people in Rivervale. Gather the pies off the table in front of the building to the right of the Fools Gold Inn, and throw them at the friendly halflings in RV

Step 15 Talk to a lady at the bar in the Fools Gold about a sad tale. 2nd option, 1st option, 2nd option

Step 16 "A Di'Zok Organ Tuner", in the Chardok Library**. You need Di'Zokian language for this. Hail the Tuner, he will attack you (Level 84 ^^^). Tuning Fork is a chest drop 1 drop per chest. 10-15 min respawn.

Step 17 Go back to Smendrik in the city of Gorowyn to collect your reward

\aITEM 445423814 1371701413:Lamentation of the Intrepid\/a

Raid Part

Quest 1 Restoration of the Lamentation
    Step 1 Talk to Ashe in EL

Step 2 Talk to Taria Truomen in Maj'Dul

Step 3 Kill Pawbuster -- The Execution Throne Room

Step 4 Kill Mayong Mistmoore -- any of the 3 will do

Step 5 Kill Xygoz -- In VP

(note steps 3 - 5 must be done inorder and all are auto-updates)

Step 6 Head back to Maj'Dul to talk to Taria

And here is a UBAR AWSOME REWARD!
    \aITEM -1478755540 1371701413:Lamentation of the Intrepid\/a

** HOW TO ACCESS THE LIBRARY

Upstairs from the library are two rooms on either side, in each of these sits harvestable books. Have 1(one) member of the group/raid havrest all of them. Next head downstairs and hit the switch to the secret hallway. In this hallway is a non attackable NPC have the book-worm hail this NPC and he will begin to open the path to the Library.

Thanks to guk.dirges, the dirges @ eq2flams especialy Krysten, and others for the collabritive effort.
  2. ARCHIVED-Selis Guest

is step 5 the right location for the flute in JW? that waypoint puts me up by Ganak's battlement and no reed to play near
  3. ARCHIVED-Lardicoz Guest

when you play the flute in the reeds in Timorous Deep a harvestable reed will apper nearby. harvest it, click the flute to combine the flute and reed, THEN move to JW ruins where the task is to play the flute to pop a named.
  4. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Selis wrote:
    waypoint is correct. the reed is in TD. go to the loc given in step 4, play the flute the harvest the reed. then PLAY THE FLUTE again. this will bring you to step 5 which tells you to locate a bone in JW, the named pops by the undead/ruins just before the battlement.
  5. ARCHIVED-Marawin Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kyrsten Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Shad156 Guest

I checked out that link for a question that I have and couldnt see an answer for it.
    For step 16, what books do I need to get that huge thing to open the secret wall and follow inside to get to the DiZok Organ Tuner?
  8. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Shad156 wrote:
    Skip down to the bottom of the walkthrough I just added directions for access to the library.
  9. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Kyrsten wrote:
    NP Krysten, glad I could add to the on on Flames. Hey is it too late to add a video to your walkthough so you can beat Faabio?
  10. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Thank you for the fine work getting this data together.
    Whysprr
  11. ARCHIVED-doomziw Guest

Hey dirges.

I'm helping out my dirge friend with his epic and we have reached step 16 where my friend needs to talk to the Di'Zok Organ Tuner.

The thing is theres an agro mob and some non-agro books in the small room with the Oragan Tuner. When (body)pulling the agro mob, the books agro too and all of af sudden we have angry books and the mob shredding the group to pieces.

How did you handle those books? Do we need a mezzer or can we pet pull the agro mob?

Thanks.

Ezrail, 80 Zerker
  12. ARCHIVED-jadsded Guest

doomziw wrote:
    Pull the books first. If I remember right you can pull one at a time with arrows. The Sarnak should not add. We did the same thing and wiped the first time I went to do it... Almost cried...
  13. ARCHIVED-ssumthing Guest

I realize this is an old post, but since its stickied, and relevant to my question, I figured I would ask here. For the library in Chardok, I am just wondering what kind of force I need to accomplish this step? A good group? Or is it 2 groups needed? Just wondering how many people I need to pull together for this step. Thanks :)
  14. ARCHIVED-nipxur Guest

I just recently completed the Epic and we did it with a single group. We were all 80, and half already had their epics. It went pretty easily. As one of the above posters stated, pull the books one by one before entering the room. The named will not turn agro until you hail him. I would recommend bringing someone who can feign death in the off chance you pull all the books at once. We did by accident and it wiped the group forcing us in to a long run back to the library.
    Also you don't "need" the key to the red gate. There is a crack in the wall to the left of the gate that allows you to see and click on the stone that opens the gate.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

ssumthing wrote:
    While I only have a baby Dirge, I have helped Guild members on this step. You'll need a good group, Chardok in general is easy to screw up in (though not as bad as some of the later TSO zones) but most situations are recoverable if you have a tight group. You won't need two groups unlesss you're leap frogging with two seperate groups to speed up clearing your way down.
  16. ARCHIVED-ssumthing Guest

Thank you so much for the replies! That really helps a LOT. I have a good bunch of friends that are pretty well geared, good to know we can get it done with a solid group.
    Thanks again so much
  17. ARCHIVED-Dytarian Guest

First off great post!
    I have a question regarding whether I should even pursue my mythical version with the new DoV out. Aside from the AA collected from killing those mobs and exploring the new area is it really worth it?
    Thanks for the help.