DirectX Error. (E_OUTOFMEMORY)

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Grundfos, Mar 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Grundfos Guest

This just happened to me, tonight (03/23/07 @ 8:30pm PST). My lowbie is on the evil newbie island with exp locked. I was attempting to place a small rat on a mound of dirt to lure out a large rat - so that later I could attempt the LARGE hawk. I crashed with the error message listed in the Verifylog.txt "D:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp(4202): DirectX Error. (E_OUTOFMEMORY)" What is really unique, to me, the drive D - which is my DVD-RW Drive and is empty. msinfo.txt DxDiag.txt I was unable to find either "EQ2_CRASH.LOG" or "CRASHLOG.TXT". However I was able to find; eq2_recent.ini verifylog.txt So, population was low. Topography is not that high. Not an excessive amount of mobs around. I've been playing now, on this machine for appx 3 months - I did however, upgrade my video drivers (sometime LAST week)... and I pretty much play, daily... so... what happened?!
  2. ARCHIVED-Grundfos Guest

This just happened again. Still no crash.txt files. However, this time there is an alert file. Hello? alertlog.txt On the prior date, no alertlog.txt or crashlog.txt was generated. One this occasion, I got this file, and the other files contain the same information from the prior date. I would appreciate some help here.
  3. ARCHIVED-Grundfos Guest

Just a minor post to update; Initial problem occured on 3/23/07 The post sank to page 4 before it happened again Today is 3/32/07 and it just bombed Per some prior post EQ2 > Options > Display > LIghting > Specular Lighting & Addtitional specular while raining have both BEEN disabled. Video drivers are upto date.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lethien Guest

I,ve been getting the same error. Its really annoying kicking you out of the game during raids and such.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kashiir Guest

I'm having the exact same problem too.
  6. ARCHIVED-DarkHathor Guest

[p]Getting the same error, but sometimes with different message, but always the same "file" on my D-disk.[/p][p]I also get this on the computer of my daughter, but it happens there before she gets to the char-select screen.[/p][p]Here the message is: Failed to create D3D device for MSI NX6200AX (Nvidia GeForce 6200).[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-GarethC Guest

Make sure you're both using the latest DirectX 9: 1. Get the February 2007 DirectX 9.0c redistributable version (Caution: Download is about 52 MB) at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4b1f5d0c-5e44-4864-93cd-464ef59da050&DisplayLang=en 2. Run directx_feb2007_redist.exe. Extract the files to an easily identifiable directory. (We suggest using C:\DIRECTX as the directory path.) 3. Go to the directory the files were extracted to in step 2. Run "DXSETUP.EXE" from that directory. Alternatively, if you used the example we provided in step 2, then you can just go to the Start menu and click on Run, then enter in c:\directx\dxsetup and then click OK. 4. Accept the license agreement. Allow the installer to update the DirectX components.