directX error.(D3DERR_Invalidcall)

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-calabus, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-calabus Guest

After upgrading to a 3D monitor I get the above directX error. I have searched the forums but can't seem to locate a fix. EQ worked fine until the monitor upgrade. Here is a list of things I have tried:

-Installed the latest nVidia drivers
    -Installed directX 9c again
    -I deleted my eq2_recent.ini file so EQ could rebuild it
    -I made sure the game settings matched my desktop resolution settings (1920 x 1080 120 Hertz)
    -Verified all game files through the launcher
    -Pulled my hair out
    Any suggestions? The 3d works fine on the character selection screen...it just bombs as soon as i enter the world.
  2. ARCHIVED-calabus Guest

Quick update: Seems I can run the game in windowed mode which turns off 3D. I can then go to game settings and change to full screen which turns 3D on (looks like crap). I then closed the game at which point the directx error came back up. I then went back into the game in full scrren mode and turned off 3D from the options menu on the character select screen. Game runs fine without error. Seems to be an issue with 3D only. I can run other games in 3D without issue but I don't know which are using directX and which aren't.