Community Update Regarding Server Issues

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mooncast Producer

Yesterday we experienced unforeseen technical issues related to an upgrade to one of our internal services. Those complex changes caused issues with logins and required that we take down our servers. We pushed a fix last night and are monitoring the servers closely to verify the fix and ensure its stability.

If you experience unexpected behavior with logins today, please post in this thread.

As we monitor the results of this fix, we may determine it needs time to "bake" further before we make any significant updates. This might impact the release timing of GU103. We will post separately if the GU release date needs to be pushed out to ensure we have healthy, happy servers.

We’d like to apologize for the extended downtime yesterday and thank all of you for bearing with us and for continuing to be a part of our community.
  2. tbankert New Member

just had a login issue when camping out to a different character could not find login servers.
  3. allidor New Member

tried to login my main into OF and keeps telling me ther's an error with eq2 client application and get sent to desktop, tried 4 times same error every tim e
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I noticed that fulfilling Daily Objectives no longer produces a sound, although I did get my loyalty tokens.
    Moonpanther and Crastinal like this.
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's worth mentioning but I did get the "Trying login server #1" message once when logging out to character select a little while ago.
    Just the once and it only tried 1 login server before giving me the character select screen, though that in itself is unusual, I don't get that very often and almost always when I do (perhaps even always up to now) it runs through the whole list, gives up and makes me restart.

And, Thanks for the info, it's always nice to have some idea of what is going on.
  6. ladyshotzie New Member

I too have the error "trying to log into server 1" a few times, and hubby had the problem with changing toons and character screen came up blank, had to log out completely to fix the problem.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Kelesia New Member

I'm having a probably unrelated issue where my DB Cash for being a member isn't there. It tells me I should become a member, but I have banked time until September. I petitioned it.
  8. Aren New Member

Logged in last night and have been logged in morning and afternoon with no issues. ~ San Diego area.
  9. Grazda New Member

I, too am getting the "Trying login server #x". I've been getting it just about every time I camp to a different character. Usually just briefly trying server #1 before continuing, but a couple of times made it to server #2 - again just briefly before continuing.
  10. zimzorz New Member

I'm sometimes getting error "Account In Use" and prompts to login when camping to another character. If I camp to desktop, then log back in as that toon, it works fine.
  11. Dohtar New Member

at the launch pad I'm keep getting an error message that wont even finish downloading patch or load the game. I've tried running the game directly from the file and nothing is working, I've uninstalled and reinstalled now a few times and nothing seems to work. guess this must be an issue elsewhere also(I'm hoping). here's the actual message
    ERROR

Unable to write to C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/EverQuest II/EverQuest2.exe - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/83/e65/2267109d9a9b235ebbd0921950741b8fdd7. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
  12. Shruen New Member

Add mine to the list where it said trying login server #1 and then it logged me in.
  13. Wahing New Member

Played several hours this morning, different characters, with zero issues encountered. That's from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Keep up the good work.
    zimzorz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Arandar Well-Known Member

No problems at all.
  15. Scottiekeith New Member

Hi Hemet SoCal no login or camping problems
  16. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Same here with the login server #1. But have been logged in now with no issues
  17. Gilgar New Member

I have not been able to login at all keep getting try server #ect. it is getting to be down right frustrating
  18. Mhoramm Member

Keep getting "eq2 client application has encountered a problem and must shut down" as I try to log in. I can't log straight to character or to character select. I tried launching the game and bypass the launcher but get the same.
    Addicted likes this.
  19. Mhoramm Member

Validated game assets amd not I can log in.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Are you on Thurgadin or Public Test? Because that "Trying login server #1" gremlin frequently rears its ugly head there, whereas I've had it happen on US servers only back when Pro7 hadn't happened yet and there really were a ton of people all trying to get in at the same time. :-/

Uwk
    who actually kind of misses those days sometimes... :-/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.