Cannot connect to login server

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rupin, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Rupin New Member

For some reason tonight it tries all of the login servers then tells me it is busy, try back later.
  2. Rupin New Member

To provide a little more detail, internet connection works fine (obviously), I can log into my account, but when I select any character (or no characters to try to log into the character selection screen) it cycles through all of the login servers twice, then tells me to come back later.
  3. Draconius New Member

I am also floating in the same boat as you. I can't log in to EQ2 after the update. I was playing just fine when I was kicked off for the update, when the servers came back up I tried to login in but it would cycle through all the login servers and finally stop at "You can not login in to the login server, it might be busy. Try again later" something to that point. Trouble shooting steps I took:

Pinged my server butcherblock.everquest2.com = success

PingPath my server = success

Traceroute to my server = success

Validated EQ2 files = no bad files

Conclussion = I can reach the EQ2 servers but they are either not allowing logins for some people or there is a routing issue on EQ2's side that is preventing some people from logging in. My troubleshooting steps rule out it being a clientside issue and more of a server/router configuration problem.
  4. wolfrunner421 New Member

7 am pst still cant get in the login servers wont connect someone help fix those plugs
  5. Draconius New Member

Been 24 hours and still has not been resolved. Last time something like this happened it took 3 days to fix. I didn't pay for a full month just to not be able to play. I hope they compensate us for the missed time. HAHAHAHAHA
  6. Rupin New Member

Yeah, still cannot log in.
  7. Kalako New Member

Yeah as of today I cannot login into my server Splitpaw either.
  8. Rupin New Member

Still the same...
  9. Draconius New Member

Yep, no luck still. Still no answer to my support ticket I put in. I just came back from being gone for 4/5 years and this is what I run into. I just upgraded to Age of Discovery like 3 days ago and this stuff happens. I subscribe to a gold account and I get no support. Sorry, but I am a little upset here. The least they could do is acknowledge the fact that there is an issue and they are looking into it. Come on SOE... where are you.
  10. Calthine Well-Known Member

Well, it might not be them, it might be something between you guys and SOE that's causing the connection to drop. I've been on several times yesterday and today and only had that error when my ISP hiccuped.

I *just* logged on. Try now.
  11. Draconius New Member

Just tried and still no luck. It's probrably a login server issue, because I can ping, tracert, and pathping the servers all day long but then it comes down to the login server not accepting the logon attempt. Something to that nature. I have seen it before with this game and other MMO's as well. The only difference between this game and other MMO's is the fact that the support team doesn't acknowledge the fact that there is a problem and that they are looking into it. I was just thinking that it is probrably due to the fact that SOE has so many MMO's out that they can't keep up with all the support needed and that their support team is stretched out super thin.
  12. Calthine Well-Known Member

Well, when I logged in lots of people were logged in, so I suspect it's not them. I recommend going back to your support ticket and "bumping" it. And I wish you good luck!
  13. Calthine Well-Known Member

OH HEY, I just had a random thought. You'd said it'd been a while since you' had played... have you updated your launcher? The old ones won't work.
  14. Draconius New Member

Ya I started playing about a week and a half ago with a fresh install. It's funny, I started playing again and I have been having a lot of memories from the last time flooding back to me. So I would like to continue playing but it is kind of hard when I can't get on to play hehehe.
  15. Draconius New Member

Has been 48 hours since the hotfix that broke my EQ2 and still no answer on these forums or my trouble ticket that I put in. Does SOE even have a tech support team. Doesn't look like it.
  16. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi All,

I have checked on server logins generally, and we're not seeing any global issues. Monday there was a downtime, which may have explained problems that day.

If you are still unable to log in, though, please update (or file) your support ticket, as it is likely an issue client side.

Thanks.
  17. Lostkoss New Member

HI.

I was having this problem. I found a fix that worked for me.

I'm no tech wizard but I had a feeling it was a firewall issue.

I use the firewall in my Norton360 suite. So if you use Norton this might help you.

1) Open Norton 360 control panel. Click on PC security. Click on manage Firewall.

2) Click on Program Rules tab. Find the Everquest 2 client in the list. Change the setting from Auto or whatever setting to Allow.

3) Click Apply. Click close. Finally close the Norton 360 control panel.

4) Then start up the EQ2 client.

Like I said this worked for me. I hope this can help someone else having trouble. Even if you are not using Norton, a similar menu option should be available on other firewalls.

Hope this helps guys.
  18. Rupin New Member

Dexella:

"Monday there was a downtime, which may have explained problems that day."

Yeah, no. I could not log in Monday night, all day Tuesday, or Wednesday morning. It had nothing (directly) to do with the downtime.

"...it is likely an issue client side."

And yet multiple people experienced it, and it cured itself today without me doing anything whatsoever on my end...

Anyway, it works now.
  19. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

To anyone still having this problem, please PM me your ticket reference number with your Dxdiag and Msinfo attached so I can gather more info.