Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2024

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Bristlebane Day is active on Test!

Jesters, thieves, bards, or simply fans of mischief and frivolity, are all encouraged to visit Enchanted Lands during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane! But that’s certainly not the only place where laughs and japes await you. I know for a fact, Splendor Sky Aerie has had an influx of patchcraft creatures and there’s been some sightings of a large mysterious book in multiple lands, including the Commonlands and Antonica! Of course, you can get even more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this perfectly serious holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

P.S.
    Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special shenanigans, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, April 1st!

New Bristlebane Day Features for '24!
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Kael Drakkel & Varsoon - The entire event is active with the exception of Mark of a Thief (due to expansion availability).
    • Zarrakon - The event is active with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Mark of a Thief
      • Pains of Herding
      • Pot of Luck
      • Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale
      • Bristlebane's Memories

Live Servers:
    • Mark of a Thief - New dungeon & quest for level 128+ adventurers
      • Accessed in any player city associated region (Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep, Frostfang Sea)
    • New achievement - Tall Tale Protagonist
    • 9 New Merchant Items sold by Bristlebane Day merchant in city tradeskill houses, including a new armor crate!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XV" sold by “a Bristlebane Day merchant” in city tradeskill houses. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Jester's gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
    • Patchcraft creatures can now also be found in the following zone:
      • Splendor Sky Aerie - patchcraft thrasher

Returning Bristlebane Day Features for '24!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Fool's Gold Coin: These are available from repeatable event quests, and drop off of Patchcraft creatures found throughout Norrath.
    • Creatures can be found throughout Norrath, sewn and buttoned up by Bristlebane’s own hand!
      • Antonica
      • Greater Faydark
      • Frostfang Sea
      • Darklight Wood
      • Commonlands
      • Timorous Deep
      • Obulus Frontier
      • The Blinding
      • Aurelian Coast
      • Wracklands
      • Savage Weald
      • Shadeweaver’s Thicket
      • Karuupa Jungle
      • Takish Badlands
    • Achievements:
      • Patchcraft Slayer
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack
    • Jester's garden spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by "a Bristlebane Day merchant" in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VIII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IX
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft X
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XI
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XIII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XIV
    • Returning Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: a Silly Billy Talent Scout in Qeynos Province District or City of Freeport.
        • Heist Societies - The Sham Plan
        • Heist Societies - Recruiting Talent
        • Heist Societies - Send in the Clowns
        • Heist Societies – Swipe the Swap
        • Heist Societies - King of Thieves
    • Quests:
      • “Saddle Up!” - Repeatable every year
      • "Pot of Luck" - Repeatable every year
      • "Pains of Herding" - Repeatable every year
      • "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale" - Repeatable every year
      • "Plethora of Patchcraft Parts" - Repeatable, once per year
      • You can now collect enchanted zippers from patchcraft thrashers in Splendor Sky Aerie.
      • "Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt" - Repeatable
      • "Ratical" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gnary a Joke to Tell" and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
      • "Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands" - Repeatable
      • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • Collections:
      • Impossibly Rare Objects
      • Prankster's Piece of the Pie
      • Bristlebane's Memories

Any feedback submitted after 3/24/2024 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year. Unfortunately, that doesn’t leave us much time.

This event content is currently set to run 4/1/24 at 12:01 AM PDT time until 4/14/24 at 11:59 PM PDT time on the live servers, with special hijinks available on 4/1 only.

~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

The 4/1 only content may not be activated early on Test, this year, but I wanted you to know what Bristlebane has in store for it!

New Bristlebane Day Features for ’24 –High day 4/1
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Kael Drakkel - The entire event is active!
    • Varsoon - The event is active with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Riddled Yet Again
    • Zarrakon - The event is active with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Riddled Again
      • Riddled Yet Again

Live Servers:
    • Cloud Hare bunnies in Splendor Sky Aerie and Zimara Breadth can be captured for the Fur Finder achievement line.

Returning Bristlebane Day Celebrations –High day 4/1:
    • All chests = gigglegibber comfort cubes.
    • The harvestables from previous holidays can be harvested from Jester’s superior garden (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Nights of the Dead, Tinkerfest, Brewday Festival, Bristlebane Day) in Enchanted Lands.
    • Heartgar MacInnes, the Erollisi Day exchanger, is available on this day in order to help organize loot obtained from Jester's superior gardens.
    • Grabby Gigglegibber, the Nights of the Dead Treat Trader, is available on this day in Qeynos and Freeport to help organize loot obtained from Jester's superior gardens.
    • Frostfell tradeskill stations & fuel merchants set up in Enchanted Lands and Sinking Sands. They are visually marked by candy canes!
    • Achievements:
      • Fur Finder / Rabbit Nabber / Bunny Hoarder / Hare Wrangler / Cottontail Collector / The Fast and the Furriest
        • Cloud Hare bunnies in Splendor Sky Aerie and Zimara Breadth can be captured for this event!
    • Collections
      • Prankster’s Novelties – Not repeatable
    • Quests
      • Riddled Throughout the Land – Repeatable every year
      • Riddled Again – Repeatable every year
      • Riddled Yet Again – Repeatable every year
      • Riddle Mei-Theiz – Repeatable every year
        • New reward choice: Twenty-Sided Stone of a Different Color

The 4/1 only content will run on all servers from 4/1/24 12:01 AM PDT time until 4/1/24 at 11:59 PM PDT time.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and another one was just trying tp take a breather after all those Public Quests.
    So far I only did the most basic quests for Brewday on Varsoon.
    Scuffles on over to the stable to grab her horse of many colors puts on her fools hat and makes her way over to Enchanted lands
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaa I'm not ready LOL o_O

but I better get on it, we are starting this year's holiday with a bang! The highest of silly days.

Thank you Kaitheel for all you do
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

The cackling shinies for the Pranksters Pie collection was funny as all getout the first few times, but trying to pick up a shiny 7-8 times gets annoying real fast..perhaps make it like a max of 3 times and you get it?
    Pleeease

It would also be really swell if you would increase the spawn rate of the blue shineys in Ant and CL for impossible collection, I swear I remembered there being some in the cities as well but there are none there so I could be wrong
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have a question: why is it that all the holiday harvest nodes (Frostfell Village, I'm looking at YOU, primarily, though the bountiful Brewday garden shrubs are also annoying) require more than a harvesting ability of ONE in order to access them? We can scribe the various holiday recipe books that USE the special mats at like a tradeskill level of TWO, but we're not guaranteed a harvest of the mats themselves every time? What would it hurt? :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: will it be "trivial" to harvest the Brewday bushes at 32, or 95, or...? Since there are no "rares" (Emerald Clovers? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!), I can't tell :-/
  7. Denmum Developer

I can answer that without needing our fabulous live event expert, Kaitheel. :) (Or at least give out the answer I was given over a decade ago and he can interject if needed ...)

It is so low level players can get skillups on the nodes, especially those that play rarely or may be new to the game. The gathering skill is used on many things in the game, and this gives new players a chance to learn about it and get some minimal skill in it. Yes, it means those of you who are experienced players, but are using alts to farm certain things have to put in a bit of effort as well, but it should only be a concern for a single event or two before the alt has their gathering skill where it needs to be. :D
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if I am an experienced player I most likely have an advanced harvest pony.
    NVM I went out to harvest 30.000 harvestables from the Brewday bushes to fill that insane Darkpaw quest.
    I could have done at least 5 or 6 of the daily ones in the time it took me to finish that, but on Varsoon the only way you can get this materials is to get them the old fashioned way.
  9. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Seems like if one kills two farm fresh fiends (behind Jopal Darkbriar) before talking to her, quest step doesn't properly update for 'Mark of a Thief - A Bristlebane Tale' so has to both delete the quest and reset the zone (stuck on 'Confront Jopal and minions' even after one kills the final boss)

'Stitchy Situation' buff on Jopal Darkbriar and the three flame pedestals in the final room...are they heroic mechanics?

all 455 resolve gears from the new mini-dungeon, any chance to get 460 ones at least from Jopal in solo?

BIGGER default size for 'Bristlebling Gemstone'...since it can't be resized***

a bit bigger max sizes for two 'Spadeleaf' props

a bit bigger max size for 'Vibrant Bristlebane Tapestry' would be nice and guess it should be wall-attached instead?

a bit bigger max size for 'Grand Prankster's Wall Sigil'

a bit bigger max size for 'Fanciful Fabrics'

a bit bigger max size for 'Nesting Hen Plushie'
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the harvesting of holiday nodes, I may have (nah, scratch that; I did :-/) phrased it incorrectly; yep, we can access them at very low levels, thank heavens, but we have no guaranteed harvest result until like 32 or 95 or 152 or whatever, when it becomes Trivial to check on what we need to be able to harvest from them. And since there are no "rares" in a holiday harvest thing (giggle), and no particular zone where we find them (except for the Frostfell Village, and those things need to be reduced from 95 or whatever down considerably), we have no idea at what point we can count on not seeing a dozen or so "You get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good day, sir!" messages in a row for a given node, which get kind of frustrating after awhile. X-P

So! Can we crank all holiday harvest nodes' trivia/trivialities/trivial-to-harvest-from-'em-and-hope-to-get-an-increase-in-harvest-level down to 32, like for Tier 1 stuff? Please? :)

Uwk
    who, for all that is known, did trivialize out on the Brewday gardens at 32, but it's hard to tell at like 3 am, and things are getting blurry... X-P
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I'll look into the other house item issues you brought up, but for the Gemstone, do you want the placed item to be larger or the particle effect that it spawns to be larger?

~ Kaitheel
  12. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Particles/vfx, yup :) def not the first time I wish these type of items were available in several different versions based on particles size.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a screenshot for here of what the particle effect looks like? :)

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Siiggghhhh...why not? Too much silliness going on and not of the good sort? :-/

Good thing I don't have any newbs on Test this year, and only one "old" newb needs her third die from the Sphinxes... :(

Oh gods, absolutely yes, to both (and yeah, I don't think any of those in the Impossible Items collection are actually in "walled" cities [vs. "open" ones like New Halas, Gorowyn, Kelethin], but I could be wrong, too), especially the Pie collection things. Too many times I've waded through nine, then 27, then 81, then etc. (I don't think it goes up to 243...) and wound up getting nothing as a collectible as a result, or nothing but "you're too far away to interact with that, l00zr. Ha-ha!" sorts of notices when I'm standing right on them and interacting with them (it may be part of the "gag," but not everything Bristlebane does is funny). X-P

Uwk
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I did find a good many in Darklight woods starter area, Frostfang Sea, Icemane Plains and Rolling Stone beach seem to be spawning at an acceptable rate. I think Ant had like maybe 5 in the whole zone I could find, then spent another half hour without finding more.
  16. Chrol Developer

Both heroic and solo. However, the debuff part of it shouldn't be in solo. Will fix that.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! I thought holidays were just Kaitheel's (and Denmum's!) baby, but y'all devote more folks to help them? :)

Uwk
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I was not able to reproduce this. I defeated Jopal and got the proper update for doing so, even after having defeated the two farm fresh fiends behind them. I tested this out a couple different ways to see what might have caused an interference for you but was not able to reproduce it. So, I am unsure as to what caused the update issue for you. If this happens to anyone else, or happens again, please let us know any other details that may be involved.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Events are blessed by the expertise and assistance of others from time to time, yes. Thank goodness!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, GrunEQ and Siren like this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

The following changes have been submitted, and will be on live in time for the start of the event:
    • Violet Spadeleaf - House item can be scaled larger.
    • Spindly Violet Spadeleaf - House item can be scaled larger.
    • Grand Prankster's Wall Sigil - House item can be scaled larger.
    • Fanciful Fabrics - House item can be scaled larger.
    • Nesting Hen Plushie - House item can be scaled larger.
    • Vibrant Bristlebane Tapestry - House item can be scaled larger and is now properly placed on the wall.
    • Bristlebling Gemstone - The colorful clouds produced by this house item are now a much larger effect.
    ~ Kaitheel