DirectX 11 API is still on test!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Just a short reminder that the DirectX 11 API Port is still on the Test server currently! Be sure to login and check it out before it heads to Beta and then Live!

Remember to make sure you post any issues or bugs you find HERE!
    For info on how to access Test Server, click HERE!
    To check out all the details about the DirectX 11 API Port, click HERE!
    See you on test!
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

Sadly, you guys lied about it from the beginning so I won't take part in the test. You said that it would support directx 11 but then set it to only accept 11.1 from the beginning. I have seen updates in the past week or so saying it finally starting supporting 11 but too little too late in my opinion. Lie about what's going into something, you can test it yourself.
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

DX 11_0 only works with Windows 7. For Windows 8 and above, you still need a video card that supports DX 11.1. Here's Bunji's quote:

"OK, some 11_0 FL support should be on Test tonight (no ETA yet) which should allow some players with FL 11_0 hardware to launch the game. We still require DirectX 11.1 for Windows 8 and later though."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...irect-x-11-issues.614648/page-13#post-6759089
    Sturmlocke, Breanna and Saw-Lau like this.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

Uhuh....Ok. Well here's where the lie started and they said it would support 11.0.

It's not something I misunderstood, this was the requirements when they launched the port onto test server.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/directx-11-api-port-is-on-test-server.614645/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Kodamungus Active Member

Isn't that the point in having a Test environment? You calling them liars is ridiculous as you don't have an understanding of the development process particularly is it relates to supporting outdated components both in the application and with user systems.

If you're not going to be a responsible member of this gaming community by participating in available testing to report problems BEFORE it even goes to official Beta, then you're the problem here.

I'm all for holding them accountable for the health of the game in general, but this position of calling them liars is a bit much, especially when you acknowledged that the issue may have already been corrected in TEST.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

Guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. They said 11.0 and windows 7 were supported from the start. Recently they finally started working on support for 11.0 and stated that "We still require DirectX 11.1 for Windows 8 and later though."

As far as being a responsible member of this gaming community, pfft, don't make me laugh. I was one of only a couple who was ever on test on a regular basis before this point. It is not a responsibility of any paying member to go test their product. The fact that I was and tried to help was going above and beyond the scope of what I need to do as a paying member.

I'm also saying they lied about the requirements. Day 1 said windows 7 and 11.0. Show me how it wasn't a lie since they went over a month with no support for windows 7 and 11.0 and still doesn't sound like they are doing much to support what should have been in from the start.
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  7. Stray New Member

If you want to be taken seriously I suggest to use a more mature choice of wording.
    Breanna, Saw-Lau, Dude and 2 others like this.
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I don't know if I know a more mature word that says someone didn't tell the truth. Fibbed sounds a lot less mature, I guess I could go with mislead, deceive, or another but I am a simple person and I usually tell the simple truth. If you say you are doing something and you don't, you lied. It was a simple thing from a simple time I guess.

This was stating something against daybreak. If they take me seriously at all, it'll probably just result in me being banned or my posts deleted. I seriously doubt me saying a "more mature" word for lie will make a bit of difference.
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this is all new to them too Evilary and they assumed dx11 would work, heck it did not for almost anybody, so the jogged it up
    to dx 11,1.
    I been on the test server or more like not, ( could not even get on) after a while they fixed that.
    They do care about all their customers, who else would be putting the butter on their bread, they went ahead and worked on the next bigger problem to try to get everybody in they said they would at the beginning.

Stray, you must understand how frustrating this is for people like Evilary, who have an older computer and most likely can not afford to just go out and buy a new one or to get a new video card, if it even fits.
    Evilary will find out later if he can still play this game.

The real test for DX 11 or 11,1 will be beta when a lot more people will get on a server instead of just a handful like on the Public Test server.
  10. Thoreandan Member

Just thought this was worth a mention...

I have Windows 10, my card is DX 11_0 FL capable (not 11_1) and the version on Test has worked fine for me with an improved frame rate even. The only downside seems to be the initial start time of the game seems longer, but that might be a one-time only thing after things got patched.

I wonder if that quote from Bunji was just intended for the version on Test for that night and not the long-term outlook. Though it worked for me from the get-go, and I can tell you my PC is ancient - a Q6600, 8gig, GTX750ti, but still reasonably capable, I played New World for a bit on this thing amazingly.

For anyone just reading specs etc., definitely worth logging into test and having a go.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Evilary, the important thing for the game is they put in support for 11_0 version. It's NEVER too late and there's no need to be overdramatic if you personally don't want to test it anymore.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes it is Thoreandan I had that problem I thought my account crashed it was that slow, but the next time I tried it was back
    pretty much the normal speed.
    I mean when ever we get a big change it takes longer to load the game, and it's just the same for this change really.

I really love your way of talking to people, Chikkin
    Saw-Lau and Thoreandan like this.
  13. Reality New Member

If anyone should be upset about anything, it's not being able to resize the UI Interface boxes and text for HD resolution monitors. You need a magnifying glass to see anything. Please fix that option.
  14. Thoreandan Member

Yeah, I always notice the same thing whenever No Man's Sky has an update, the first time you load it afterwards can take a little bit longer than usual.

Other than initial slow load time on initial runs after a patch, from what I've experienced so far with my lowbie EQ2 test character, everything seems and looks fine.

Big thumbs up to the team for getting this to work for those with hmmmm... older / less compliant setups shall we say!

Pretty much a day 1 EQ2 player, and aside from a break over the last few years, EQ2 has always been my main game, and I'm thrilled I'll still be able to play it until I can replace my rig.
  15. Stray New Member

You could try imagining people doing their best, and possibly communicating the wrong thing. That does not mean that people intentionally say the wrong thing. Technology and progressing insights go hand in hand..
    Sturmlocke, Breanna and Saw-Lau like this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

And as has been pointed out multiple times now, the details in that post are woefully inaccurate in multiple places. This is almost certainly due to a combination of ignorance and cut and paste errors from the original EQ spec post rather than a delberate attempt to deceive.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier it was all new for them too, when Final Fantasy was first converted to DX 11 it brock the game or made it painful to play, they made it work.
    So when Darkpaw followed they had no idea how much trouble this would be so they tried different things and corrected things on the way.
    what counts is that now at least you can play the game on a windows 7 machine with DX 11.
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

You're implying intent there, and I don't think that's fair. That was pretty clearly a copy-and-paste, probably from the EQ1 specs. How about instead of calling them "liars", simply acknowledge that they've made a mistake, and they are making an effort to support Windows 7 (an operating system that is no longer mainstream and has been out of support for over 4 years now).
  19. Noctew Active Member

Instead of being happy that Daybreak even still supports an operating system that has been out of Microsoft support for over four years, players complain that said support was not in the first beta version... :(
    Sturmlocke and Saw-Lau like this.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, actually it wasn't. They'd already done this exercise for EQ before this hit the EQ2 Test server. Unfortuneately, unlike the tech specs the lessons learned in EQ don't seem to have been transferred across. Many of the issues reported and addressed there seem to have recurred and had to be addressed again in the EQ2 port.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.