Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2024

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have not done any Erollisi day PQs last year because my TLE server did not get the festival yet.
    I have noticed something interesting, when ever there where only 2 people on one Zombie, you could give more roses sooner,
    thanks for listening to us about that idea to scale the downtime by how many people are doing the PQ.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

You explained it like I explain it to others, I know all of that, and just like you said this is not quite working this year and last year for that matter.
    I'm asking for a bit of mechanics and calculations from the devs. Did something got in a way of the code?
    If it's some sort of point system like: hand in rose =1 point, smoosh purple rose =1 point, smoosh black rose = 1 point ( what exactly do purple and black do? can't be the same, mobs still spawn even if we smoosh them), kill attacker = 1 point, hand in wrong rose = negative 5 points?
    Then accumulate x number of points for passive crate, y number of points for active crate, z for proactive? This would make sense to me, but it's probably not that simple.

I just wanna know am I not doing enough? Or am I doing too much and preventing others from getting their best crates?
    It's frustrating when it's 3 people leading 1 zombie and alternating all hand ins and killing and we get 2 coins in an active crat at the end. It feel like a waste of time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This sort of thing is why I don't bother with the silly Public Quest there any more (that, and I'm still hacked off they killed the CL race because of it). X-P

Uwk
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yes Chikkin I said that in my second part that the PQ is broken.
    I at one time tried to do the PQ by myself, I was there from the very beginning and spend over half an hour by myself.
    At the end I got 8 coins instead of the usual 2 coins, is that the new standard, that you have to work your head of to be proactive?
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the whole new "kill things, get cool archery bits...eventually" drop-quest, would there be any way to expand the possibilities of targets for these things, like to the Harts in Antonica or other critters unique to a quest step as possibilities (not the only ways to get them, just as additional possibilities)? There's currently only two venues, one of which is Non-Repeatable, and there was ONE of my Horde that managed to find all the pieces fairly quickly, easily, and painlessly. Every other toon took infinitely longer, and I've generally had to kill 98-99% of the mobs in Shard of Love in order to find the last bloody piece, the quiver. This morning, I only found it in the Small Chest dropped by, literally, the LAST LIVING TARGET in Shard of Love, which took over an hour to do (lowish-level Inquisitor who got killed by two groups of Wild Bees ganking him; I never go into The Garden on a regular Erollisi Day Shard run, so I haven't memorized where all the groups of them are). X-P

It is a nice-looking house item, but even as deco-nuts as I am, I can't see myself trying for it again next year.

Also: could there be any way to tie in the Priest/Priestess of Erollisi where we go to "turn it in" with our alignment? An Evil of mine was sent to the Antonican dude, which has an aggro guard patrolling the li'l -- cabin? General store? whatever that is in the middle of nowhere, that apparently Evils aren't allowed near, let alone in. :-/ Barely got out of there in one piece. X-P

At least the one in The Commonlands can be flown to on the Public Transit Griffin System, regardless of level. :-/

Maybe we could be given two to choose from? "Go to this person in The Commonlands or this person in Antonica."? I'm sure I'm not the only one that's having these issues. :-/

Uwk
  6. Kaitheel Developer

I've noted this issue so it can be taken into consideration for next year, Uwk.

Thank you!
    ~ Kaitheel
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Can you kill off the guard until then? :D
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I hope for next year you guys look at the public quest and revamp it a little. I ran it around 6 to 8 times before I gave up because I never got the full proactive or whatever it's called crate. All I ever got was the active participant and it always gave just 2 coins.

Before someone jumps in here telling me how it's run, I read the wiki, I read all strategies on the forums. I did everything, picked the flowers, gave the flowers to the zombie, killed any mobs that spawned with the flowers, the whole bit.

One time I was playing during off hours and I hit the bottom zombie. There was one person just standing there, zombie wasn't moving. I picked some flowers, gave to zombie, got him going. I ran the zombie all the way up to the meeting point by myself. Got 2 coins. That was like a long time to run it up solo. The other side had 2 or 3 players waiting at the meet point with their zombie. So I did all the work for one half of the event and it still did not qualify me for the full reward.

That's when I decided I would not run the event again. I won't run it again unless I see update notes next year saying it has been fixed or adjusted.
  9. Zornar Member

10. Zornar Member

I got 8 coins the 11 times in a row that it took me to hatch the familiar. Often, I soloed one of the zombies for quite a while. Not sure why you had so much trouble.

My suggestions would be as follows:
    1. Make it possible to solo it if you are the only person around, which I often found to be the case. There is just not enough time to complete it solo because the zombie doesn't accept a rose often enough from the same player.

2. Have a reward crate, like you get when opening the clams for Oceansful, that lists what rewards are possible. The rewards seem really minimal for an event that can take up to an hour and gives a maximum of 8 coins, a house item and maybe a coupon or other item.
    The best items I got were a Petamorph Wand: Sweet Cherry Zelniak, 5 days of Mount training. Blushbeak Stork plushie and housing items for each of the 4 types of roses that pop up during the event (red, yellow, black, purple),
    If I knew what rewards were possible, I might be more interested in running it again after hatching the familiar.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you! :D

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Someone turned off Erollisi Day last night! :(

I, for one, had not seen anywhere that it would only be for Thurgadin; in times past, whenever a holiday was extended, it was for everyone across the board. :-/

Uwk