Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2024

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, it actually looks like it isn't duplicated. One rack is blades and the other is spears.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

:eek: sorry, to paraphrase My Cousin Vinnie - maybe I'm ready for a thicker set of glasses
    Siren likes this.
  3. Raeven Well-Known Member

I ran the Chronoportal PQ last night, and I really like getting a 460 res cloak from it. Plus the new painting is gorgeous. Thank you!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Ha! No problem! I thought it was a double at first, too.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

How often is the chronoportal PQ scheduled to run? with the new plumes recipe requiring a certain number of repetitions to complete (15 was it?) I'm afraid it's going to be a real squeeze within those 2 weeks the event is live.
    If someone misses a day or a 2 they are already at a rush to put in more play hours on weekends or some other day.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  6. Ganador Active Member

This is a really good point and we have seen no reply, the plume need to be an account wide unlock given the limited time/access with PQ.
    SolarFaire and Sentrasia like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

After obtaining some information on the topic I can say, the Chronoportal achievements "Patience is Also a Virtue I - III" aren't hidden and neither are the merchant offerings on Erben, in the Chronoweave, but what you can't see is that you only need to complete "Patience is Also a Virtue I" in order to obtain the first selection of plumes for this event. So, only 1 PQ completion is necessary, with alternate versions of the plumes becoming available after completion of the subsequent achievements (II & III). The exact plumes available are dependent upon the server type they are being earned on.

~ Kaitheel
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, I was concerned specifically about the recipe for 3 plumes, which requires completion of Patience is Also a Virtue 3.

Which is "Successfully defeat the Ancient Cyclops in Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro [Public Quest] 15 times."
    Recipe book makes the Inspired plumes, the weakest plumes available on merchant for 1 Ancient Platinum Coin.

Once the event is over these Inspired crafted plumes will be the only plumes of value available to anyone logging in or returning to game.

by the way I just noticed all the plumes have required level 1 on them, which might need to be adjusted?
    There's some weirdness going on - purchased plumes have level 1 on them, recipe book scribes by level 2 artisan, but recipes themselves show level 130 Geomancy to make them. And the finished product seems to be the exact same lowest stat "Inspired" plume equippable by level 1. Are these still just placeholders?
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Lylah New Member

Plume recipes: Plumes of Inspired Jubilation recipes are named the same as those from the Jubilee, only lvl 130 instead of lvl 40:
    Created the correct Inspired versions, just confusing on examine as one opens/closes the other.
  10. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

I think what people are asking for is the ability to get the highest tier/best plumes for their alts as well. No one wants to be forced to choose one character only to get the BIS Plume for. This hurts people who play multiple raid characters, those who play multiple characters to fill out heroics (always a lack of tanks) and those that just enjoy having alts.

Requiring a PQ to be completed 15 times for an event that lasts 14 days is doing just that. Forcing people to pick only one character.

The different between the first tier of the plume and the third isn't an insignificant amount.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I agree with you but wanted to point out that we just were able to run 3 PQ in a row on Test, so it is possible to log an alt, then another, then another and manage to do 3 PQ back to back if you have a group of friends doing the same thing (alt 1 does PQ, camps to alt 2, join group of second alts, does PQ, camp out to alt 3 and does it). You'll need a group of person to do this with as the PQ is only opened for 1h then you won't be able to enter anymore.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Chrono PQ portal is listing that it's for players level "10 to 125" which should be upgraded to 130.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

I sent all of the feedback and concerns pertaining to the plume and PQ achievements to the devs responsible. I can't guarantee anything but hopefully the concerns can be smoothed over by the time the event goes live.

~ Kaitheel
    Chikkin, SolarFaire and Twyla like this.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

I made that correction, and submitted it. It should get to live before the event starts. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
    Chikkin and Twyla like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

to bad was not able to test the Chrono event on test, but I still CAN'T get in :mad:
    I hate this DX11.1 thing.
  16. Thoreandan Member

Have you tried logging in on test this weekend. The dev team pushed through a change for the test client on late Friday I think, that allows people with DX11.0 capable setups to run the game (as well as those with DX11.1 who could likely already run the test client). My card only has DX11.0 capability and it has worked brilliantly for me. Good luck, hope you can get in.
    Siren and Schmetterling like this.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

Golden Firiona Vie Statue needs the dressing room fixed. You can only see the feet and part of the platform on the statue.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that statue had problems for a long time.
    Thanks Thoreandan I have been to busy doing stuff on Varsoon, I will definitely give that a try.
    Siren and Thoreandan like this.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Is the new painting a drop from the PQ, or is it part of the acheivement? I wish it were listed as how to get it in the update notes.
  20. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Public Quest gives out your choice of a painting of the EQ1 official artwork of the various expansions when you get a proactive reward (actually engaging the madmen, mummies, and AC beyond auto-attack).

the chronomerchant sells the rest.
    Carynn and Cyna like this.