Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Still no in game mail announcing Frostfell.

To add to Great Candy Grabber achievement feedback above by Moonglow - took a fresh character through Commonlands race, and Got achievement for Antonica instead of Commonlands. Stepping on a pad transported a half elf knee deep in ground.

Antonica race seems all correct
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What in the heck could've been changed to mess the races up?? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Weird thing that I don't think was in effect last year; I'm hoping it's a bug...

Spent yesterday after getting my Gifties setting each of my Tester Hordelings back to my traditional, default position: just slightly WSW of the big blue and white candy cane to the right of Santa Glug if you're looking at him straight on (facing due south). This was within the "no mounts here!" perimeter, which didn't seem to matter last year; I was fine with being there, even if I had to be mount-less. All 22 of them were left that way when I logged out with them, cozening up to the tree.

Today I get in, only to find them all at the "flung far enough away you're mounted again" point, which takes at least several seconds to get within hail-Santug-mount-less range. Fortunately, for the most part, I had a few to several seconds to get back into position (where I thought I'd left them in the first place... ;->), but it was odd. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

We have 2 similar cloaks, one green one blue. One is a reward for the quest Mc Sroogle hands out, forget where the other one comes from.

I am surprised you did not get flung away after you got your present.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Another cape wrinkle today. Another ratonga using sonicvision received a cape which immediately rendered in full colour in the preview window, Then I got to the barb who I tested earlier. First thing I dod on login was preview the existing one in her inventory - all fine full colour. Then I got a second one off Santa, previewed that immediately - bleached! Now I can sit here swapping between the 2 items in preview and they consistently swich back and forth from colour to bleached. So it looks as though it may be related to some kind of flag on individual copies of the cape item since I now have one working and one not with all other conditions being the same.

Edit: And of the 2 ratonga I tested yesterday one now previews correctly and one doesn't. :confused::confused:
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Certainly could! I schedule the event to activate so that it's active when the server comes back up. The scheduled activation time is not meant to guarantee the time the server is available.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, we don't have any icons that would match a ceramic tree.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for your participation over the holiday weekend! I've got some RoR focused stuff today, but I'll be looking at the issues with the Ice Ichor Coven Cape, the Frostfell Candy Grab in the Commonlands achievement, in game mail, and The Great Candy (Cane) Chase.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Siren, Twyla and 5 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, that flinging did occur, yes, to be expected, but this was a surprise "fling"... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And there are already lots of tree leaf icons for the other FF-type trees, including the ones we can make with recipes. :-/

At least it's green... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: I love, love, LOVE the idea that there's hardly any Heirloom things this year among the new stuff! :D There's the mount, which is to be expected, I guess, but the first time you get it, it goes straight into the mount "stable" anyway; I'll have to see what it does when/if I get more than one per toon. ;->

And the Curtain boxes are Heirloom, but once you take 'em out, the Curtains themselves are fine. :)

Thanks, Kaitheel! :D I don't even think the pets are Heirloom this time... :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Siren, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all mounts go into you mount inventory, even 10 of the same kind.
    if you want to hand it to an alt , you have to pull it out and put it in to your inventory and than your shared bank, if it is heirloom, otherwise you can trade it with others.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! That, I never knew; I've only ever had one of each sort (well, like one regular riding horse; one Horse of a Different Color; one Parade version of a regular riding horse, etc., all on the same toon). But good to know; thanks! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I found out about that when I went through town to find the dropped Santa gifties and got more than one of the cloud mounts.
    I do not know how many mounts that mount folder holds.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Daily cape update:
    I now have 6 of these in total. 4 of them are on ratonga and today all 4 of those are previewing correctly. The other 2 are on the barbarian and as yesterday one previws correctly and one appears bleached. Except - they've switched around! The first one received was ok and is now bleached. The newer one that was bleached is now in glorious colour!
  16. Kaitheel Developer

The following changes are on their way to Test:
    • Frostfell in-game mail should now arrive!
    • The Ice Ichor Coven Cape - Cloak should have the correct colors even when initially examined in the dressing room in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "Great Candy Grabber" Achievement was not being properly updated for The Commonlands participation. It is now.
    • The recipe for Peppermint Candy Crown should no longer be bugged!
    I suspect these changes will be included in Friday (12/2) Test update.

I am still working on the issues with The Great Candy (Cane) Chase.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks for the changes Kaitheel!

I have a friend asking if the shinies from the gifts could be more frequent as she didn't see some of those last year.
    Collections in question are: Colorful Frostfell Ribbons and Jingly Frostfell Bells.
    I don't know the collections at all so I'm just dropping this here. I assume they're from the gifts dropped in the zones?
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Jingly Frostfell Bells and Colorful Frostfell Ribbons are some of the possible valuables offered to the caster of the Gifty Bag. It may be that your friend was expecting to gather them from the gifts dropped by the goblin, as opposed to using the Gifty Bag to start the goblin running through the city.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh, yes indeed, that's what she said. As I nearly never gathered the gifts, I had no clue!

Thanks a lot Kaitheel! You're the best!
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, these things (which I, too, haven't done) are like the Pumpkin Bombs for Nights of the Dead? :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.