"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Gelenor Well-Known Member

I am sure it has been recommended already, but |I would suggest stage 2 of the Secrets of the Sands quest be a little more obvious, especially for players who have joined the game since the Barren Sky was introduced. It is a prelude event, not best in slot issue/quest. Recommend stage 2 of quest states "Obtain dust from Djinn dust wisps in Barren Sky" and you will have no complaints.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Unless i missed it, there is not an obvious connection between the faction npcs and the prior quests. I may be completely wrong
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Not a bad idea...I'm also seriously considering going in with a pet class caster that has options that include "NEVER AGAIN BE STIFLED" at max levels of that ability. ;->

Uwk
    Twyla, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Drama walls... ;->

Like the talking ones in Labyrinth. ;->

Uwk
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I dont do well with cryptic. It would be nice if the dieties above sent a brick to hit one upside the head with a note that said "GO HERE!"
    That being said . . . do we have to wait the 3 eday timer out before we can talk to Faezoth again? Just do the tradeskill stuff until then to build up faction? (Oh and just a little thing but I am seeing 2 feathers or 2 books over NPC's heads.)
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

That's because Calthine and I used to run anything new on Test/Beta so it'd be there Day 1. We'd still be doing it if... stuff... didn't happen. Really miss that job and helping the EQ2 community. Thanks for thinking of us. :)

I am very much looking forward to this event from everything I've seen so far! :)
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

You can reset the timer for the zone every 90 minutes, the repeatable adventure quest is once daily. Or... just grind out the faction with tradeskills in a few hours. (if that long) Initially I took my time and did a little of both each day.
  8. Miragian Well-Known Member

Only because I think it might have gotten lost in all the other requests.

Any hope of having the lockout timer taken off the instance, like you did for the previous prelude?

(And I apologize for having asked more then once if you were intentionally not wanting to comment on it.)
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lera, we begged for a pink cube mount some years ago when there was a full-blown invasion of those pink cubes

I have to say, that I forgot to mentor down again, with the result that not only do the boulders by themselves kill me, but that Crystal named "Ephemeral Guardian" (I love how he looks like) will use all those rocks to smash your head with (big headache).
    So, I am happy I can reset and try this again mentored down 10 levels.
    Could the named in the dungeon drop the tokens we get for this prelude event as a drop please?
  10. Kaitheel Developer

I suspect you may have thought this was an accident (copy pasta from another file), but no. It was intentional. There are upsides and downsides to lockout timers for small instances. You may not have been one of the community members who struggled to finish it in a single go last year, but there were some, and for them loosing their progress upon leaving was frustrating. Not every prelude is going to be set up in the same way, and I for one think that is a good thing.

Another example is this year's prelude merchant, who is unlocked via faction, and does not use an event coin. Some people may like it more, while others may like it less. It all depends on their playstyle and their comfort with the different mechanics involved. It's much more challenging and meets more resistance to change up existing events like this, but preludes are self contained and can allow for such differences from one year to the next.

~ Kaitheel
    Whilhelmina, Breanna, Sionx and 4 others like this.
  11. Miragian Well-Known Member

Wasn't so much that I thought it was an accident, I just figure the 90 minute lockout is the "default" and then you can change it to something else if you need/want to. Nothing, 90 minutes, 18 hours, whatever. So I didn't see any harm in asking.

I figured since the zone had nothing in it but the shiny it might be doable. And as far as doing the daily, even if you have to start over with the zone it shouldn't make it particularly difficult as you only have to make it about half way through even to get to the orcs.

Its fine if its going to have the timer, it just makes it a tiny bit harder to get the shinies quickly.

As far as the merchant is concerned, I love that we don't have to stockpile a ton of some near random currency, and then try to figure out what we want, or if we have enough. Personally, I think its a great change. Since the merchant seldom (if ever) stays around, allowing people to effectively buy as much stuff as they can afford once they get the required faction is a great move.

Thanks for the response, even if it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. :)
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I just confirmed that the last update resolved these art bugs, too!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we had pink cubes on Tarinax too and they slowly spread, so I told ttobey about it and the next thing I know the server went down about 20 minutes later.
    after the server was down (only Tarinax) all the cubes had disappeared.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, bless you both for all your years of service! :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Sionx and Cyliena like this.
  15. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ew, ew, ew...whoever did the in-game art for them was WAY TOO GOOD...ew. X-P

Give me a giant spider any day. :-/

Uwk
  17. Forestchild Well-Known Member

This code WORKED great.. Love being able to see where I am heading.. thanks A LOT!!!1
  18. Miragian Well-Known Member

Not a huge problem if you are paying attention to what its doing however, I noticed that most if not all of the recipes will target Brick of Bronze Ore, Brick of Thalium Ore, Brick of Silvril Ore, and Brick of Iron Ore. All Treasured and drop only materials out of deep forge, used for making the armor needed for one of the heritage quests. In my opinion they probably should not as they really aren't common harvestables.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I am in the groove now, just wondering how much faction do you need to get the merchant, and how do you find out how much I already got?
    Or is it like with the split paw factions where you don't know till, they tell you your now trusted enough to do the next level of quests.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

It's not picking them up specifically it's simply picking from the smallest stack first and normally you're going to be carrying far less of special items than you are of common materials. If they'd just code to select from largest stacks first the recipes wouldn't be selecting rares, special items or the stuff you're just about to run out of! I would have thoguht that code change would be far less work than having to tag all of the specifics to be excluded.

Short of that the only other option is to go to the bank and dump out any mats in your bags that you don't want to lose before you start the crafting combines. And if you're doing this in a guild hall for some reason you should probably switch off depot access for the duration.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.