Tarinax Lives on May 11th!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 30, 2021.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

And I love that you included WOMAN as in country-woman. Very chivalrous or at least guess I should say politically correct.

And what pray tell is a "GANK @ THE BANK" that Siren mentioned happens when the possibility of losing 50-80% of coin carried could happen in PVP? Sounds very interesting .. almost like the Runs On The Bank that happen in Real Life sometimes.
  2. Mollusc New Member

:) Love..!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Ashn New Member

So is the server not online was not able to see it it open Kalanin was the only progression server showing ?
  4. Hoiyay Active Member

Wont be open til about 3pm on the East Coast according to their estimate. So realistically probably about 5pm.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This is correct, the targeted time for the server to launch is 12 PM PDT.
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  6. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Coal is the standard currency for PVP servers for open world carry; Convert coin to coal (of your favorite crafting fuel) and carry that.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

8. Will EoF have avatars enabled? No, Avatars will not be active on Tarinax.

That is a shame. The biggest PvP battles were often over which guild gets to kill the Avatar.
    Hazimel likes this.
  8. Peace Member

ERK! Why advertise that Tarinax opens on the 11th then? A bit of a disappointment, had today off, do not have tomorrow off.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the Avatars caused a lot of trouble on Kaladim , raids would go out to bring them down , and others would bring down whole zones to prevent that .
    I can just imagine the trouble Avatars could cause on a PvP server as unstable as the game is now .
    Siren likes this.
  10. Hazimel New Member

Agreed :) I remember when on Nagafen Onyx always had people watching avatars 24/7. With our guild (Purity) we decided to make the pull of Avatar of Growth, having one team designated as PvP watchers. Sure enough, Onyx came mid-fight. We kicked their ***, I took over the Avatar on my monk to save the pull (monks were not fotm back then!). We killed it despite the pvp interruption, a monk Gi dropped, and got server disco! :D Epic times. Hope to find some more epic times on Tarinax (perhaps without avatars though...).

I am sure many of you have awesome PvP memories too :) Post them here while waiting for the server to come up? :)
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

The devs already took Avatars out of Tarinax for precisely this reason.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that's what dreamweaver said , NO AVATARS on Tarinax .
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  13. Draydan New Member

or just bank ur money...
    Siren and WhysperWynde like this.
  14. elmartinez New Member

Thank you for giving me a good reason to return to the game, I will try this server and cant wat for the time to log in.-
    WhysperWynde and Siren like this.
  15. Raeven Well-Known Member

Can't crafting fuel be dropped in PvP? I thought it could.
    Siren and WhysperWynde like this.
  16. Ketzerei84 New Member

Losing 1 item from a stack of basic coal vs losing 50-80% of coin dropped?
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

get pristine repair material for 50 gold can sell that anywhere and it won't drop when your killed , and it sells for the same amount you bought it for .
    At least that's what I did on Nagafen , when I thought I would need some money .
    The best thing is to drop of your money in your bank as often as you can .

Is it up yet ? open , open , open .
    Is Tarinax under Event server or TLE ?
    NVM I think I found it under Event server .
  18. strongaxe New Member

New player and saw there was a pvp server for this game....but how do i access it? Do I need a membership? Do you want new players? lol...
  19. Peace Member

Remember in eq1 where we kept an open bag slot and a stack of bone chips as 'currency' to pay off our victors that weren't necessarily interested in stripping us. Back then the chips were a currency too as they were needed for summoning undead pets. Played cheaply leather armored iksar monk as didn't loose out on protective armor that way. Will be interesting learning the dynamics of PVP in this game. Kind of will miss the challenge of coping with being blinded or feared. =P where there really was such a thing as blind fighting technique...namely put your back against the wall and keep swinging.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yes strongaxe you do need a membership for Tarinax , and you get there by making a new toon
    on the Event server , that is where Tarinax is at .
    This is a brand new server , that only opened a view hours ago hopping with brand new baby toons in their undies , fresh from the boat , so if you can afford a membership jump right in and you can float with the crowed to a new adventure in PvP land .
    Breanna and Siren like this.