Downtime Appreciation Bonuses Begin on 4/22

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Bautch98 New Member

Ok, but you'll be out of minions while they are on cooldown or are you waiving the cooldown of them? So basically you can send out the remaining 10-12 quests with the crap no stat minions?
  2. Jinksie Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I do Bautch98. Or since I am on the west coast, I stay up to Midnight, send a batch out, get them in the morning, and the yellow and blue overseer quests and agents used are usually reset by midday to use again. That's a bit too much sometimes, so I just use blue agents.
    Leonitas and Breanna like this.
  3. Rengler New Member

should give quadruple hunters, all the time. Most people can't face doing the zones anymore for them, and don't want to play without them, so drift off to play other games. It's losing you money ^^
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Trintel New Member

Yeah, I am halfway expecting this idea to be a substitute for summer ethereals
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully, if the double currency is across the board, if we get quadruple and the F2P folks get double, that'd be something. :)

Uwk
    Geroblue, Finora and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm sure the devs we have are doing the best they can with the ancient equipment they have access to. This may very well be their way of installing or upgrading or whatever it is they need to do; if the "financial sheets" are as lucrative as you say, they may have gotten new equipment that needs folding in. ;->

Uwk
    Cassta, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  7. Balrin Member-Antonia Bayle server EU play time

Thank you! much appreciated! :D
  8. mrswebster9847 Member

What does the x2 mean? Double xp then doubled again?

(sorry if this is a stupid question)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I hope they bury the summer ethereal's never to be seen again... Leave the cabal coins and add items equal to the rewards already offered for the cabal coins. Not the ridiculous stat ethereal gear.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got so many alts on each of my accounts so I don't have enough missions to run 20 .
    deamweaver said they are preforming another Server migration .

Halls of Fate went down .

and it's back
  11. That guy. Well-Known Member

Don't think I'd call anything lucrative in regards to EQ2. It was revealed to be the lowest revenue on their totem pole. The only way they're affording to do any meaningful upgrades ( if they even are, the downtime just could be nothing more than covering their butts for maintenance of current hardware going south ) is they're either robbing their other games revenue or EG7 is funding it, losing money hoping it'll bring more in eventually in return.
  12. Hornet New Member

So I appreciate all the work that's being done and absolutely love playing EQ2, but why are the rewards for members only? Surely I'm not the only person who is a long term veteran player who just can't afford membership right now due to covid and/or other financial issues. EQ2 is one of the few things I'm able to do right now, so it's not like the downtimes didn't effect me even though I'm not a member. I kind of understand why that choice was made but ouch.
    Amybelle, Geroblue and Tkia like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you get double xp as a non member , members get double /double xp , and if you own the last expansion you get double Overseer .
  14. Predox New Member

Decided to try out EQ2 after playing EQ1 a bit and then I read this, welcome to EQ2 to me I guess, hope I don't level too quickly :D
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Predox I suggest to you , you try out EQ2 on Stormhold first , Stormhold is a Time Locked server and the mechanics are
    simpler than on the regular servers , and the level cap is locked at level 90 for some more months .

Once you get used to the game , you can still make another character or 2 or 3 , or 4 .
  16. Odibat New Member

Will this also include Crafting XP, as well as, Adventure XP?
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes should do
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Saw the 'servers coming down at late tonight PDT for 24 hours' after I logged in today. I forget the exact time. Likely in the first post.
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That's correct. They'll be down for maintenance by 12:00 AM PDT but likely come down a little earlier, I'll be reminding everyone today.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

How much is a little earlier? Or did someone forget to feed the hamsters?

[IMG]
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.