Server Hotfix - March 4, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 3, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 7:00 AM PST (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours for this hotfix.

Update Notes can be found in the News section of our website.
  2. Gwalchmai Member

Again on a Thursday? Why?
    Between this and the Tuesday stuff, Really messes with my morning group... :(
  3. Necro1969 New Member

It amazes me, that they fix stuff, yet leave game breaking things unfixed......kudos.....(insert golf clap here)
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

what game breaking things? genuine question
    Blacklash and Breanna like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Brew Day begins tomorrow , maybe they wanted to avoid to disturb that on the very first day .
    I just wished the TLE servers were not connected to the regular servers , because none of the fixes is their problem .
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I laugh every time I see a posting for a "hotfix" that is applied after you bring the servers down. I'm not in the computer industry, but I thought it was common knowledge that when you apply a software solution to a problem, it's only called a "hotfix" when the servers are still up and running, hence the term "hot." They're also generally considered "safer" for that very reason. When you bring the servers down, it's called a "patch." The terminology doesn't change because of the day of the week. It changes because of the status of the servers when the solution is applied.
    Tkia and Melt like this.
  7. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

@Bhayar - you are correct - but I have gotten used to EQ2 use of the terms - Patch = Regular Scheduled, HotFix - not a regularly scheduled patch.
  8. Zinj Well-Known Member

Yes, but sloppiness with terminology often is a sign of sloppiness in other things. But then I'm retired military; I still fold my underwear the same way they taught in Basic.
    Bhayar likes this.
  9. Blacklash New Member

Thank you Dreamweaver =)
  10. Leperous New Member

How about fixing the guild voice chat for new members finally? Maybe fix that huh?
    Bhayar likes this.
  11. Necro1969 New Member

I would love to zone into OOA, but can not.....
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

P
    Platform is working on that issue with the voice chat provider.