Server Maintenance - January 12, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jan 11, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.
    Update Notes can be found in the News section of our website.

Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; question about this one:

TRADESKILLS
    • Corrected a bug that prevented the Acrylia Adornment of Accuracy, Acrylia Adornment of Strikethrough, Shadowscream Adornment of Accuracy, and Shadowscream Adornment of Strikethrough from Acrylia Adorner's Primer Volumes and Shadowscream Adornments Volumes
    end of sentence/bullet point. But if you look at it: "Corrected a bug that prevented [a ton of stuff] from Acrylia Adorner's Primer Volumes and Shadowscream Adornments Volumes"

That is not a sentence; that doesn't even make any sense. Corrected a bug that prevented all that stuff from -- doing...what? Are they from the Volumes? Are they now removed from the volumes, rather than prevented from them? What's missing from that sentence? :-/

Uwk
    Jinksie and Breanna like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Stupid double-post. Stupid "server did not respond in time." >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

The missing word is appearing. They were supposed to be in those books and were not. They will be after the patch.
  5. Trilly Active Member

Will the correction to the harvesting count in Dark of the Moon achievements actually be made to work as the last patch indicated? My count remains at 0/1000. Thank you, would appreciate it. I stand corrected. Just checked again this morning and now it shows 3...3 items harvested?? after doing signature quest(s)? welp...at least it now appears to be working. Thanks
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Wow Uwkete-of-Crushbone is like an English Teacher! Gotcha on the grammer!! Gotta watch my tongue around Uwk!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Choat New Member

No mention of item fixes for the TLE server? Hopefully some fixes for item stats that were ruined last week.

You gave us a mid-expansion x2 zone in Kurn's Tower. Nerfed the drops to previous tier stats. No fix announced with 4 weeks remaining before level increase with TSF expansion. Basically, made that new x2 zone 100% pointless with no reason to run it or keep items we had from it. It's just one zone, but why even release it if this is the plan?

Same issues with the heroic instance of EA in Jarsath Wastes that was opened. Item stats are all wrong.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Watch your writing as well, haha. It's "grammar."
    And he was correct in his assessment of the sentence structure missing a vital descriptor. No offense to DPG, but I don't want to have to assume or infer something actually happened unless it is specifically mentioned in patch notes.
  9. Miroh Well-Known Member

You think grammar is a game?!?!
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Quick announcement - We've turned off the fervor/crit visibility on ability examine for now as it seems to be causing some issues with negative values / overflows happening.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Learning should be fun, not an Inquisition to be endured.
  12. Jumjumbandito Active Member

PUBLIC QUESTS
    • Removed Blood of Luclin PQ currency from low participation rewards for Reign of Shadows PQs.
    So, if we have been doing PQs from before the pull and getting old currency (before the patch), we should assume we are "low participants" and stop looking for fancy rewards?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Geab New Member

I find that interest since I have gotten the old currency on pqs where I was first and last spell cast and parse leader. Just hope its really "fixed"
  14. Carthington Member

"Crysal of Essence, Dark Heart, and Tenebrous Heart are now no-zone,"

1. It's "Crystal" and
    2. Who's smoking what to even think this was needed?
    Ratt, Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

REFORGING
    • Fixed an issue where a stat associated with an associated overcap stat could reforge incorrect amounts. Equipment with these incorrect reforged amounts will be reset, and granted a free reforge.
    I find this funny since the "bug" that gave increased Potency has been in the game for years with reforging. Now... its a problem? Let me guess, this will fix lag o_O
    TRADESKILLS
    • Corrected a bug that prevented the Acrylia Adornment of Accuracy, Acrylia Adornment of Strikethrough, Shadowscream Adornment of Accuracy, and Shadowscream Adornment of Strikethrough from Acrylia Adorner's Primer Volumes and Shadowscream Adornments Volumes
    This is far to little far to late. With the removal of realistic reforging, a measly 10 accuracy or strike-through is not even worth putting on. With no gear also dropping with those attributes, it is not feasible to get to the necessary numbers. Please just remove the mechanic for those stats and be done with it. That.. would help lag.
  16. Dockter Well-Known Member

Packet size for carrying over inflated stats too small eh? Might wanna change that field to a double or long considering how badly stats are bloated. This is what happens when code isn't properly tests for those who are curious.
    Juraiya likes this.
  17. Morprulz New Member

Since the "fix" for crit bonus reforging has been nerfed and to reforge into crit bonus, ability mod, or potency is so miniscule, why not just take reforging out of the game and free up resources to fix the lag? Those that are raiding now please chime in, but from what I'm seeing with heroic gear the reforge amounts from either casting and reuse is a couple of pts to crit bonus and potency or a couple thousand to ability mod. if you reforge 10 items and only get 20 pts to crit bonus or potency well the difference I'm seeing in ACT is a few thousand more dps. Not millions of an increase but a few thousand. If you reforge into ability mod the numbers don't even add up to what you can reforge with the few pts to crit bonus or potency. With this fix, unless there are huge returns from raiding gear, the reforging system is obsolete. Why would anyone spend money to reforge when the return is so slight and with not being able to reforge into dps mod, multi attack, or any of the other reforge stats that were taken away with this xpac, it really is a system that didn't get fixed but left as an afterthought.
  18. Jiggamann Member

its still worthwhile to reforge other stats on armor and weapons to CB i was capped around 16,500 pre update. after reforging, temp adorns and swapping from Micrus to the new Vah Shir merc i'm around 15,700 while casting abilities which is basically a permanent increase during a fight because i'm always using an ability. im not reforging any jewelry because the returns for potency and ability mod are low in comparison
  19. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

OK so I now have Characters that have pieces of armor or mostly jewelry that they wear on the Equipment page shot over to my Inventory and the space in my array is empty. Am I to assume that these pieces have been removed because they've been reforged but I'm now supposed to be able to get them reforged back/again/whatever for free? Is this correct and how is this done? I just placed them back in my Character Array although making note of which pieces were moved over to Inventory.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You are correct that they have been returned to original state. You can go to a reforger and try to find something useful to reforge into again, but good luck with that, hence the many negative comments about the current state of reforging in the game.