Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Can we please "roll back" the Gathering requirements for Trivial in the Frostfell Village present nodes to like 1, or 32, or something a bit more reasonable than 95 or so? Believe it or not, not everyone has 600 in Gathering yet. :(

Uwk
    Breanna, nooz and Mercychalice like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Uwkte just for now , mentor down to get below the level where you can't kill those mobs .
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Part of the reason for the higher level on it is so folks can easily level up their gathering in there. Many would rather level it up there, than chasing down nodes out in the wilds, it seems. I remember that being the response, anyway, when I asked about it a few years back. If they are at 120 in either adventuring or crafting (which would be required if they had a cap of 600 skill), they're going to see a lot of failures no matter where they go ... and those failures have a higher chance to grant skillups
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and nooz like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Uwk - which gear are you wearing at 110? It is likely tuned more for the BoL gear crate in Luclin, which is a noticeable jump up from the stuff in the Myrist crate. Since 110 spans more than one expansion, it is always a sticky spot for tuning mobs.
  5. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

Hopefully all the good testers flock to this year frostfell I know mums is radically consuming RoS beta and I dont want her swamped~ peace love and joy this holiday season all :)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Beat me to it; that's what I was gonna relate after that finally worked for me tonight: "I finally managed to crack it! Just be any other level than 110 or 120."

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with that? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if the Village started at 1 and were "capped" at 32, I wouldn't have any failures at all with just about any of my toons; it would all be trivial to them. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That was the weird thing; all the other mobs I needed for that quest, like the Living Ice Shard and the Living Ember and the ice critters in the village, were all at my 110 level, no up or down arrows, but I could take them down in like 1-2 blows. When I mentored down to 100 tonight (well, okay, fine, last night; between sundown and midnight ;->), I took out Jarok and his annoying ice flit in like 1-2 blows. It was immensely gratifying after all that bloody frustration. ;->

And yeah, my gear is from the Myrist crate. If that were the case for that entire quest at 110, why were the others such pushovers? :-/ I don't recall seeing whether or not Jarok was considered Heroic.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! :) But this is something I've commented on before, with the harvesting level; apparently Mum has, too, and they haven't budged on it even for her. :(

Discouraging, I call it, and a waste of time for all my toons (actually a gracious plenty) who don't have 92 or 95 or 9x-whatever it needs to Trivia it out. :-/ Generally, by the time I'm Harvesting in the Village, time is of the essence, and since RNGeezus hates me ("This I know/For the dice rolls tell me so..."), I usually get far more failures than successes until it finally Trivias out. :-/ By then it doesn't feel like an accomplishment so much as a major dang annoyance.

Uwk
    nooz and Breanna like this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Moar Frostfell changes and bug fixes!
    • New items added to the Gifty Bag:
      • "Colorful Frostfell Ribbons" collection pieces have been added to the gifty bag user items.
      • "Frostfell Sweets" collection pieces have been added to the gift collector items.
    • Deepice Mystery - Jorak and Frostbite should no longer hang around after defeating a player.
    ~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Uwk, I am sorry that this was frustrating for you, again. I had noted your issues with multiple Jorak and Frostbite spawning last year, and had changed some script this year, in hopes that it would help. Clearly, it did not. The challenge with this particular issue is that I have not been able to reproduce it locally. That makes fixing it difficult. That said, I have submitted another potential fix. Fingers crossed!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

That will be fixed with the next update! Good catch!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Now it will! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

I had this problem a good few times last year as well. I ran all 9 of my test tooms through this year to get the permanent flag and it didn't happen once so you obviously improved something. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It happened to me the second year I ran the quest (think it was when PoP launched) and never again. It's weird

I mapped the zone so hugged the walls and went through hehe. Map is added to EQ2map btw
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's how you found it? Not just staggering around in a drunken stupor falling through walls? :p
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The journey is half the fun!

~ Kaitheel
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Tkia , is that how you do things ?
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hey, the eggnog tasted sooooo nice! And my friendly walls gave me lots of hugs and were all warm and fuzzy!!! :D o_O
    I just couldn't stop hugging them all!
    *hic*

*goes back to her eggnog*
    *hands some to tkia and schmett*
    Time to hug some more walls!
  20. Kaitheel Developer

As Princess Bean said, "Oh, floor, you're always there for me.

Not like walls and staircases, always getting in my way."

~ Kaitheel