GU 115: Reignite the Flames Teaser

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 5, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

You should just be able to download the beta client, make sure it's updated and hop in. The new stuff isn't locked, you may even be able to take a peak at the raids as well. The testing for them is scheduled but I've asked and they aren't locked. The heroics are definitely open.
    Cassta, Breanna and Dude like this.
  2. Olliphia New Member

How do you get so many new bugs when all you do is add a couple up arrows on the same old assets?
    GhostofRivervale likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Magic.
    Rosyposy, Snikkety, Vax'ildan and 6 others like this.
  4. Cassta Well-Known Member

I vote yes for this request.
  5. perynn goldeneyes New Member

please let there be soloable content the last GU was for raiders and groups only. i mainly solo and would appreciate some new content or at least new quests
    Cassta, Rosyposy, Lateana and 9 others like this.
  6. docdante Member

Yes, please a little solo or duo content!
    Crock, Cassta, Rosyposy and 10 others like this.
  7. Elysse Member

I hope for some solo or duo content also
    Cassta, Rosyposy, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  8. Finnya New Member

mandarae, if you dont know, you're not.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Romulus Member

Yeah, some more solo/duo content will always be appreciated. Not all of us have the time or equipment to join big raid guilds, especially when the requirements to join those kind of guilds are ridiculous (in terms of Resolve), or maybe some of us are recluse/introverts and do not want to join big guilds. As allaccess members and expansion packs purchasers, we should also have access to higher level equipment, which at the moment seems to be reserved purely to raiders, which is not fair, considering we paid the same amount.
    Cassta, Rosyposy, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  10. Abasinolanam Active Member

No need to reignite the flames. The flames in my eyes are still burning from two solid years of farming Plane of War :D
    Cassta and Snikkety like this.
  11. ianiention New Member

Like other comments I too would like some solo content. It's not that I haven't grouped or raided before, I have, a lot, it's just right now I just don't want to put the time in. I'd just like some solo quests to play and chill with. I've listened to your podcasts so I understand it takes time to create the quests, but without them the title "Everquest" is rather misleading.
    Cassta, Rosyposy, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  12. AshianaDragon Member

So are we are looking at "Days of Autumn" or 'Days of Winter?" I was so looking forward to Days of Summer...sad face. And I agree, how about some new content for non-raiders.

Thank you for the communication - above all else we all have a need to be connected <3
    Cassta, Rosyposy, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  13. Furyz New Member

Thank you for bringing us the new content. well waited for and needed , now my question is... if this new content going to be running on the same broken platform that is full of lag and impossible to raid or sometimes group, or are you guys prioritizing FIXING the game before release ? because im sure we can not wait to play it and enjoy this game on non lag platform / server, keep up the good work,
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Furyz New Member

Regarding igniting planes of war … I loved that zone , was fun lets hope its not copy and paste from the original with a few added mechanics ;)
  15. Jiggamann Member

so what sense does it make to have high tier gear if you don't raid? If were easy to get high tier gear, what would be the point of raiding?
  16. Romulus Member

I'm not saying easier to get, just at least accessible. In the current expansion there is just 1 solo instance where you have a fairly good chance of looting exquisite chests: Diaku Corral in Wracklands, and most of the things dropped are plate and chain armour, which is great if you have a Fighter or scout, but not great for other classes. First time when I have done that instance I've died 13 times and it took me 3 and a half hours with resolve around 3.3k, granted it was with a Shadowknight, and DPS is not they're strong suit, but with better gear I would at least not have to die that many times. It puts me off grinding it, there's no fun in constantly dying. (and I have a Celestial merc).The rest of the instances drop just Legendary items and well, even if I ever wanted to join a guild for raids they request >3.7k resolve, and I can never get there by being given Legendary items, where I have to play months in the same instance to get some form of decent gear for my SK, if I'm lucky...

Just because I don't raid, doesn't meant I should not have access to higher level gear.. What I do with it, shouldn't matter.. maybe I just like looking at it, maybe I stash it in my bank, it's not the point, the point is that we are limited by the game to be able to join or do raids to get higher level gear
    Cassta, Rosyposy, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  17. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The Daiku game update had a solo and two group zones, no raid content.
    Snikkety and Breanna like this.
  18. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I agree with others that have posted here. Grinding the same old solo zone for gear (leather) that doesn't drop in there is frustrating. Daiku was fun the first few times, but when you get that "Swing low, sweet succulent" stuck in your head for days on end, it becomes a chore to log in.

I've got to thank you for adding the /western salute! I couldn't stop laughing when I tried it out! It's even better when you are on a mount!
  19. Tupperbeast Active Member

My main problem with the GU is that we get thrown back an old zone in the new design, no more, again a kind of extension without meaning or own ideas. As if we weren't already struggling with massive problems or a lack of class balance with the current content, fixing something unnecessary into it just doesn't make any sense, by the way, just like these server resets every felt week, by the way, no errors are eliminated, rather more produced like you can see long loading times and massive problems with the login server. It would be interesting to know which logic and goals the dev team is in connection with the players and especially the communication that would have been appropriate here in connection with a kind of coordination. In the end, the game lives from players and money, and a dev team that approaches the matter with and fun because wanting to offer people something great.

;)

20. Zen Master formless, shapeless

Thank you to the devs for their hardwork during this pandemic.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.