Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 29, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Scorched Sky Celebration is active on Test!

You need not fear any of the devotees of Flame you are bound to encounter across Norrath during this time of celebration. Within the flames all mettle is tempered, that which is weak, distracting, and fleeting is burned away, leaving only the strong, pure, and resilient! Join them in lifting up the Tyrant of Fire and the Burning Prince and you too will know the cleansing intensity of Fire.

If you wish to perform a task as part of the festival, speak with Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood or Estmund Vynaan in Lavastorm. They would be thankful for any assistance.

New Features for '20!
    TLE servers
    • Kaladim – "Festive Fireworks” city quests and special event merchant are available in the cities.
    Live servers
    • The Ember Merchants have 18 new items available, including a new mount!
    • New Overseer quests and Agents
      • 3 new quests
      • 1 new agent

Returning Features:
    • in-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Ro worshipers are found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro in 9 different zones.
    • Ember Merchant selling celebration exclusive items.
    • Tempered by Flame - Players defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elemental for Coin of Ember.
    • Quests
      • The Heat Is On - Repeatable every year
      • "Festive Fireworks” city quests - Repeatable
    • Collection
      • Corilac Gem Stones

Please note: The scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (120). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

This event content is currently set to run 06/24/2020 at 12:01 AM PT until 07/07/2020 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread. Any feedback submitted after 6/18 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

I know this may seem early, but I am trying to give enough time to better accommodate the update schedule we have.

There is a chance of event overlap due to Oceansfull still active on Test, but that won't be the case on live.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Every house item so far places well.

I think the 120 mobs are a bit too tough. I'm pretty well geared and a DPS class and killing them is far from instant (not hard either, it's more of a 3-hit thing). But I'm worried for "just-reached-120" chars. I'll have to check. (aka, throwing this in for others to give advice on.
    I'm on the second overseer quest. So far, so good!
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

All house items are now placed on the stairs in my usual published house and I put a second set down in Mum's.

House is "Oceanfull - Scorched Sky 2020", medium houses, Opera House, Qeynos, under Leucosia

Edit:
    Picture of the new tile around previous tiles:
    [IMG]
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

House items resize good. Cinder Slug, appearance items and mount work correctly.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Update took out the event.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Kasa Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeet Kaitheel got it back up!
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI "Conflagrant Tome Plushie" doesn't properly preview. You get a quick flash of something flame-ish, then it is an empty preview window
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ack! I chose female aerakyn for the burnt house actor, and she is both headless and wingless!! (If I back up a lot, a head shows up, but it isn't visible close-up, and the wings apparently burnt off) I tried a hallfing as well, and she properly has a head. I'm not feeling up to testing all the other races tonight, but since aerakyn often have issues with appearance stuff, I made sure to check them first.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Argh here we go again . Climbs out of the ocean wrongs out her wet cloths and runs over to the bonfires of the
    Scorched Sky festival .
    Whey can't Kaladim get the Darklight Woods quest ? We also have the Overseer on the Kaladim server.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You need to be able to get the whole event - he can't just give it to you piecemeal. And the full event, shinies and all, needs Tranquil Sea.
  12. Roewane New Member

Could we get the molten nilborien as a pet wand as well please? I've been looking for a really cool looking pet wand to use on my ranger's hawk pet. Thank you!
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Apparently, aerakyn and sarnak need to have the appearance saved before their heads and horns (and wings for the aerakyn) appear. It took 3 randomizations and saves before it "took", and the wings and head showed up.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Mom forgot about the collection , but yes we have gotten only part of festivals on the TLE servers before .
    For example Frostfell all Quests within the Frostfell Workshop were not available , You have to have the zones for
    the basic festival , if it was possible to take out the collectibles , but I don't want to make to much work .
    Just asking . I mean if we had to wait for Altar of Malice it would mean we never could get this festival on any TLE server .
    Well at least we get one quest we can do over and over so we can buy stuff from the merchant .
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Is the Sparkler Merchant in Qeynos and Freeport getting an update at all? It just carries the same items from 2018 that were sold on them last year as well.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

That would be nice , because if Kaladim only get's that merchant it would be nice to at least get some more things .
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

Ok so been running around on a 110 with newest panda gear ,dont hv bol, she's a fresh test toon (inquis) and it takes a little bit to to kill the mobs. Not sure how someone who doesn't have panda gear will do and just cd...since cd and bol are both 110. Easy enough at 100 . not sure about the inbetween dont have anoyone 101-109.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, the 110 version of the mobs can give some folks problems, Kaitheel, due to the fact that level 110 spans PoP, CD and the BoL prelude. That's a lot of different gear levels that are hugely different in stats.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I suspect this is the case for more house actors than just the burnt one, but I will investigate it to see if there are any differences or anything I can do to help smooth that out.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I can look at adding some things to the Sparkler Merchant to bring some different things to Kaladim for this year, yeah.

~ Kaitheel